SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:25 PM
aka Scott
Central FL
Joined Jul 2009
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
No you are correct. The 4#3b has dogbones that connect to the swash. I think the best way to do it would be to push out the plastic insert (causing your own swash separation) and inserting the one from the CB100 swash. A little CA and the swash will be good to go. I have not tried it, but I know that insert does pop out since I have done it with a crash. LOL.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing as my 4G3 alu swashes have always seperated with no effort while flying, (I use a plastic one now exclusively) But never had it happen on my 4#3B, but was thinking maybe seperate them and swap em!

Did you take those last pics with the camera you had issue with? Those look fine, was it just a setting? I PM'ed that info on the recall just the same, maybe not the issue you have, but great to jump on it for free repair if it is!

-Scott
Stomp560 is offline Find More Posts by Stomp560
Last edited by Stomp560; Sep 17, 2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: additions
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
dkfuji,

I have a question for this over the MSR. I have the MSR and LOVE IT. So far after a couple of weeks of constant daily flights I have only had to replace the blade grips.

What in the CB100 have you had to replace besides the canopy and the main blades?

I LOVE the MSR and love how it can take a crash like no other, the price and beauty of the CB100 is VERY alluring and wonder when compaired to the MSR how costly is it in a crash?
I have only replaced 1 mainblade. The rest of the heli seems to be pretty solid and no other damage. I have bounced off the garage door frame, bushes, and cement stairs and it still comes back for more. The best thing is, like the MSR, if you get out of shape, all you have to do is get off the cyclic stick and give it throttle and it goes back to a stable hover. Pretty cool. Also, should you mess up the E-flite 5in1 servos you have to spend buckies on a new board. On the CB100 you can just replace the servo. Actually, they are really 2 different classes of helis anyway (IMO). The CB100 is more like a real RC heli (possible mods) and the MSR is a really good flying plaything (no mods really possible at this time). I do love both of them, but my MSR is now just sitting.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:37 PM
Marty
USA, PA, Media
Joined Aug 2008
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp560
Funny, I was thinking the same thing as my 4G3 alu swashes have always seperated with no effort while flying, (I use a plastic one now exclusively) But never had it happen on my 4#3B, but was thinking maybe seperate them and swap em!
Different sizes on those for the swash bearing, so you can't swap parts. Was thinking about doing a FP G at one point so that's why I know... Even the ball that goes around the main shaft is a different size, so can't swap that either...
mrschultz02 is offline Find More Posts by mrschultz02
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:45 PM
Marty
USA, PA, Media
Joined Aug 2008
1,431 Posts
Quote:
The best thing is, like the MSR, if you get out of shape, all you have to do is get off the cyclic stick and give it throttle and it goes back to a stable hover.
That's what I wanted to hear, might get one to practice nose in, as soon as someone starts selling a barebones kit. The UFO8 is nice for training since you can pick up the tilt so easy, but once you really loose it it's going down, although with a few key upgrades it would be nearly indestructible...
mrschultz02 is offline Find More Posts by mrschultz02
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,671 Posts
I would like to know how it comes out of FFF. I see that the new CB180Q sometimes has a problem like a coax coming out of FFF where it will flutter and drop. That is one thing that I appreciate about the msr is that it transitions very well.
humveeflyer is offline Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:25 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2009
1,421 Posts
Could that be an effect of the beller hiller mixing head? The msr doesnt mix but the cb100 does.
lazer155 is offline Find More Posts by lazer155
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:26 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp560

Did you take those last pics with the camera you had issue with? Those look fine, was it just a setting? I PM'ed that info on the recall just the same, maybe not the issue you have, but great to jump on it for free repair if it is!

-Scott
Yeah it is the same camera. They look fine now. Adjusted the white balance per Mrschultz suggestion and seems to have worked.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:28 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschultz02
Different sizes on those for the swash bearing, so you can't swap parts. Was thinking about doing a FP G at one point so that's why I know... Even the ball that goes around the main shaft is a different size, so can't swap that either...
Bummer. It seems I will have to tear one apart to figure this all out for a bolt-on 4#3b mod. Darn it...LOL
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:51 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
I see wowhobbies sells them but where are the spare parts?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,172 Posts
Quote:
I have only replaced 1 mainblade. The rest of the heli seems to be pretty solid and no other damage. I have bounced off the garage door frame, bushes, and cement stairs and it still comes back for more. The best thing is, like the MSR, if you get out of shape, all you have to do is get off the cyclic stick and give it throttle and it goes back to a stable hover. Pretty cool. Also, should you mess up the E-flite 5in1 servos you have to spend buckies on a new board. On the CB100 you can just replace the servo. Actually, they are really 2 different classes of helis anyway (IMO). The CB100 is more like a real RC heli (possible mods) and the MSR is a really good flying plaything (no mods really possible at this time). I do love both of them, but my MSR is now just sitting.
Seems like I will have another heli in my fleet soon.

I have a couple of other questions if you have time, it's hard finding other reviews on this new heli.

What's the flight time you were getting when it was stock?

Faster or slower then the MSR?

Did you get fries and a coke with it?
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:15 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeflyer
I would like to know how it comes out of FFF. I see that the new CB180Q sometimes has a problem like a coax coming out of FFF where it will flutter and drop. That is one thing that I appreciate about the msr is that it transitions very well.
It comes out of FFF very nicely as long as the wind conditions are still. If not, the self stabilization tries take over and the heli wobbles a little coming out of the turn. I have turned down the gyro gain to smooth the transition out a bit. With no wind she transitions very well. I am moving the balls to the outer holes on the servo arms to get more travel for outdoors. So far, any changes has not effected the stability one bit. It will always go back to a stable hover. Not bad.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:25 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Seems like I will have another heli in my fleet soon.

I have a couple of other questions if you have time, it's hard finding other reviews on this new heli.

What's the flight time you were getting when it was stock?

Faster or slower then the MSR?

Did you get fries and a coke with it?
I am getting over 6mins with the stock 500mah pack. There is still 3.94 left in the pack so my guess is if you do some nice circuits you could get almost 8mins out of the pack.

Faster or quicker? This is where I mentioned different classes of heli. The MSR only weighs 1oz (28g) versus the CB100 at 60+g. Also, the MSR is smaller in overall length and blade diameter. As a result of all these factors, the MSR is "faster" than the CB100. However, the CB100 is more manageable doing figure 8's since it is smooth no matter what direction you turn. The MSR is a little twitchy going left.

Yep. I got fries and a diet coke with it. To go. LOL.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:41 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,172 Posts
Quote:
I am getting over 6mins with the stock 500mah pack. There is still 3.94 left in the pack so my guess is if you do some nice circuits you could get almost 8mins out of the pack.

Faster or quicker? This is where I mentioned different classes of heli. The MSR only weighs 1oz (28g) versus the CB100 at 60+g. Also, the MSR is smaller in overall length and blade diameter. As a result of all these factors, the MSR is "faster" than the CB100. However, the CB100 is more manageable doing figure 8's since it is smooth no matter what direction you turn. The MSR is a little twitchy going left.

Yep. I got fries and a diet coke with it. To go. LOL.
Thanks for the reply.

Damn WTH is up with RC helis? It's more addictive then cigarettes. I seriously cannot get enough ... Hell I woundn't mind slapping a co-workers ass to get fired to fly them more ... but then again I couldn't support my addiction then.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:34 PM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
No expo settings?
No expo, no end points, just reversing.
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2009
480 Posts
Quote:
Damn WTH is up with RC helis? It's more addictive then cigarettes. I seriously cannot get enough ...
Funny you say that I actually quit smoking so I could have more money for helis. Added $55/month to my budget and my wife never complains anymore.
suraki is offline Find More Posts by suraki