HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:17 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,938 Posts
How necessary is the 2402 transmitter with this heli? Will it be available barebones so we can use a 2401 with it?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:51 AM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
How necessary is the 2402 transmitter with this heli? Will it be available barebones so we can use a 2401 with it?
It would appear that the 2402 brings very little benefits compared to the 2401. The LCD screen and menus seem to be only used as a replacement to the DIP switches, but there are no other options available through the menus, apart from the condition of the batteries.
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:58 AM
aka Scott
Central FL
Joined Jul 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
You are correct. You can use the 4#3b swash. It just won't match colors. Boohoo. LOL. It would be kinda cool if you got rid of the anodized colors and polished it all instead. But that would be going to far...right???

I didn't think using the 4#3B swash was possible due to the CB100 having ball links, and the 4#3B having holes. (unless you rework the ends...)
Stomp560 is offline Find More Posts by Stomp560
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:59 AM
aka Scott
Central FL
Joined Jul 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan9113
The swash is not what makes the link slanted. It is the position of the servos in relationship to the main shaft. You can use the old swash but the color is red and it will not match with the red head or the rest of the copter. All in all, you also have to sacrifice the CB100 Programing ability of the the RX2406C, so for many people it is not the best solution but it will be a cheaper one.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com

What about if you have the RX2605A on your 4#3B, shouldn't lose any programming ability there would you?

-Scott
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:45 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Nov 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
aka Scott
Central FL
Joined Jul 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
There is a "too far"....huh....learn something new every day!

Watching your Cb100 reports leeringly.

Also thanks for the answer re my msr queries. Don't know if I need a tiny fp though...still pondering....selling my B...it's collecting dust.

Amp
What do you fly ATM Amp?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:44 AM
Joined Aug 2007
355 Posts
vids please!
MConstable is offline Find More Posts by MConstable
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:47 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp560
I didn't think using the 4#3B swash was possible due to the CB100 having ball links, and the 4#3B having holes. (unless you rework the ends...)
I took a look at both swashes and you could use the 4#3b swash. They both have ball links to the swash for the control rods. The reason the rod is slanted is the CB100 swash arms are not at 90 degrees. Also, the anti-rotation bracket is off center to the right. In order to get it all "right" on a 4#3b you would either have to use the 4#3b swash or use the CB100 head and swash and relocate the anti-rotation bracket to the right.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:00 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
What about if you have the RX2605A on your 4#3B, shouldn't lose any programming ability there would you?

-Scott
The 2605A is still the best choice for programming for the 4#3b. All of mine have one in them. I am trying to get the optimal set-up for this heli using the current stock electronics. I will go all out after I get her flying really good indoors and out.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:01 PM
Marty
USA, PA, Media
Joined Aug 2008
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Hi Jay. Yeah I really don't know what's up with my camera. Everything white comes up with a tint of pink. Maybe I just need a new one. Yeah this little one is not going to find its way back to Wow. I am going to keep it and work on making it outdoors worthy.
Check the white balance setting, must have accidentally set it to some weird custom value since I can't think of any normal settings that would turn white pink, you normally get grey, red, and blue for white if you use the standard settings for different light sources.

If the white balance is set to "auto", then the computer in the camera is messed up, try setting to "daylight" (usually the little sun icon) to see if it goes back to white.
mrschultz02 is offline Find More Posts by mrschultz02
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:08 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
No expo settings?
Sorry, there are no expo settings in the 2402. There is a timer option though. So now you can set an alarm to let you know when to bring her in.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:09 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschultz02
Check the white balance setting, must have accidentally set it to some weird custom value since I can't think of any normal settings that would turn white pink, you normally get grey, red, and blue for white if you use the standard settings for different light sources.

If the white balance is set to "auto", then the computer in the camera is messed up, try setting to "daylight" (usually the little sun icon) to see if it goes back to white.
Thanks. Will give it a shot.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:11 PM
aka Scott
Central FL
Joined Jul 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
I took a look at both swashes and you could use the 4#3b swash. They both have ball links to the swash for the control rods. The reason the rod is slanted is the CB100 swash arms are not at 90 degrees. Also, the anti-rotation bracket is off center to the right. In order to get it all "right" on a 4#3b you would either have to use the 4#3b swash or use the CB100 head and swash and relocate the anti-rotation bracket to the right.

Thanks for the pics Darryl, it surely shows the difference in the layout on the CB100 vs the 4#3B.

But... I am still unsure of how you would connect the ball links to the open holes in the 4#3B swash (or am I missing something?) The CB100 has ball's on the swash, the 4#3B has holes for the rods that connect. (getting ready to be embarrassed...)

-Scott
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:13 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
dkfuji,

I have a question for this over the MSR. I have the MSR and LOVE IT. So far after a couple of weeks of constant daily flights I have only had to replace the blade grips.

What in the CB100 have you had to replace besides the canopy and the main blades?

I LOVE the MSR and love how it can take a crash like no other, the price and beauty of the CB100 is VERY alluring and wonder when compaired to the MSR how costly is it in a crash?
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the pics Darryl, it surely shows the difference in the layout on the CB100 vs the 4#3B.

But... I am still unsure of how you would connect the ball links to the open holes in the 4#3B swash (or am I missing something?) The CB100 has ball's on the swash, the 4#3B has holes for the rods that connect. (getting ready to be embarrassed...)

-Scott
No you are correct. The 4#3b has dogbones that connect to the swash. I think the best way to do it would be to push out the plastic insert (causing your own swash separation) and inserting the one from the CB100 swash. A little CA and the swash will be good to go. I have not tried it, but I know that insert does pop out since I have done it with a crash. LOL.