HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:13 AM
Nitro Freak
Canada, Quebec, Saguenay
Joined Jul 2008
540 Posts
Nice DK, sounds like a nice flyer, did you try the second holes on the mixers yet? looks like this would give less autority to the flybar to make it more responsive?

cant w8 to get mine, just got my 4g6 and pro tx today.. really impressed by both unit.. TX is awesome.. my old futaba 72mhz feel kinda outdated next to it.. 4g6 is nice.. but not go out of the box.. gears feel rough. gonna have to check that first
Dark-Angel is offline Find More Posts by Dark-Angel
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:14 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd
Glad I am thinking the same way. I'm keen to hear how it goes...
Will do. I just did a bunch of circuits about 2-3 ft off the ground and this heli actually flies really well even outdoors (little or no breeze). Flew with no canopy (no replacements yet) and thank goodness it comes with a set of extra main blades. I snapped one while still dialing it in outside. Whoopsie.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:16 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Angel
Nice DK, sounds like a nice flyer, did you try the second holes on the mixers yet? looks like this would give less autority to the flybar to make it more responsive?

cant w8 to get mine, just got my 4g6 and pro tx today.. really impressed by both unit.. TX is awesome.. my old futaba 72mhz feel kinda outdated next to it.. 4g6 is nice.. but not go out of the box.. gears feel rough. gonna have to check that first
On my list of to do's. Already moved the balls out 1 hole on the servo arms. Still WIP bud.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:46 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
On my list of to do's. Already moved the balls out 1 hole on the servo arms. Still WIP bud.
One thing I noticed is that the CB100 has more power. Funny that when I checked the motor, the number is the same as the 4#3b. I am going to put it on the inverted scale tomorrow.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
jonathan9113 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan9113
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:49 AM
Nitro Freak
Canada, Quebec, Saguenay
Joined Jul 2008
540 Posts
Quote:
cool i like the fact the CB100 is almost identical(frame wise) to the B.. ill be able to make some of my fav mods.. which mean.. no more battery tray.. lipo on the nose.. pitch servo between the main shaft/motor and the 4in1 on the side.. it help to reduce the weight as well.. i could loose 2g with that mod on the 4#3b..

ill probaly keep it stock for a while.. but surely not too long
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:50 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
Quote:
Will do. I just did a bunch of circuits about 2-3 ft off the ground and this heli actually flies really well even outdoors (little or no breeze). Flew with no canopy (no replacements yet) and thank goodness it comes with a set of extra main blades. I snapped one while still dialing it in outside. Whoopsie.
I thought it uses the same blades as the 4#3B which you probably have a handful Just flew this between the legs of a chair, without crashing. It was so stable that I could keep the movement within 2 inches, needed some concentration. I was watching TV while cruising this around the room, sometimes hands off, so it isn't my skill. I think I needs to be much more creative with tricks otherwise this can get boring for advanced pilots. I think this is just a great trainer for beginner on single rotor.

Jonathan
Last edited by jonathan9113; Sep 17, 2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:51 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
Quote:
cool i like the fact the CB100 is almost identical(frame wise) to the B.. ill be able to make some of my fav mods.. which mean.. no more battery tray.. lipo on the nose.. pitch servo between the main shaft/motor and the 4in1 on the side.. it help to reduce the weight as well.. i could loose 2g with that mod on the 4#3b..

ill probaly keep it stock for a while.. but surely not too long
I just completed this mod.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:55 AM
Nitro Freak
Canada, Quebec, Saguenay
Joined Jul 2008
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan9113
I just completed this mod.
you have some pics of that mod? would be interested to see that

edit:

here the mod im talking about..
Last edited by Dark-Angel; Sep 17, 2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:18 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
4#3B converted to CB100 head

Quote:
you have some pics of that mod? would be interested to see that

edit:

here the mod im talking about..
The position of the servos are a little off, hense the servo links are slanted but it flies just fine. It will be better if the frame is changed too. We will be making the mods available but not until sometimes next month. The benefit of the CB100 is its programming ability with the RX2406C so the conversion will not have this function. Also, I like people to know that we will contribute our knowledge to people in this forum not just on this conversion but on all Walkera conversions. This is a fun hobby so we like to share what we know and let people decide where and what they like to purchase.

Jonathan
www.wowhobbies.com
Last edited by jonathan9113; Sep 17, 2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:46 AM
Joined Jun 2008
470 Posts
I was wondering, whether you could keep the 4#3b's swash plate, and just replace the head, then you wouldn't need a new frame, as the servo links would be at the correct angle?
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:51 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Hey Jonathan. I think you could reduce the angle by moving the ball to the other side of the servo arm as well. Also, I have looked at the BL motor and it is the old 003 15,000kv Wk motor. I have also now installed a 4.5g outrunner in her and man is it quick now. The climb-out is really fast and there is no lag between throttle stick and climb-out. AUW is now 59.9g including 500mah pack. Pretty good so far. Wanted to switch mix arm ball position to the inner hole (to reduce self stabilization) but the locktite is too good and I don't want to snap it off without any parts available yet. Yes, I tried heating it up but it won't budge. Oh well, maybe later...
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:54 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend
I was wondering, whether you could keep the 4#3b's swash plate, and just replace the head, then you wouldn't need a new frame, as the servo links would be at the correct angle?
You are correct. You can use the 4#3b swash. It just won't match colors. Boohoo. LOL. It would be kinda cool if you got rid of the anodized colors and polished it all instead. But that would be going to far...right???
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:47 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend
The swash is not what makes the link slanted. It is the position of the servos in relationship to the main shaft. You can use the old swash but the color is red and it will not match with the red head or the rest of the copter. All in all, you also have to sacrifice the CB100 Programing ability of the the RX2406C, so for many people it is not the best solution but it will be a cheaper one.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:48 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
You are correct. You can use the 4#3b swash. It just won't match colors. Boohoo. LOL. It would be kinda cool if you got rid of the anodized colors and polished it all instead. But that would be going to far...right???
There is a "too far"....huh....learn something new every day!

Watching your Cb100 reports leeringly.

Also thanks for the answer re my msr queries. Don't know if I need a tiny fp though...still pondering....selling my B...it's collecting dust.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:53 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jonathan. I think you could reduce the angle by moving the ball to the other side of the servo arm as well. Also, I have looked at the BL motor and it is the old 003 15,000kv Wk motor. I have also now installed a 4.5g outrunner in her and man is it quick now. The climb-out is really fast and there is no lag between throttle stick and climb-out. AUW is now 59.9g including 500mah pack. Pretty good so far. Wanted to switch mix arm ball position to the inner hole (to reduce self stabilization) but the locktite is too good and I don't want to snap it off without any parts available yet. Yes, I tried heating it up but it won't budge. Oh well, maybe later...
May be the first 4.5g CB100 ever made, must be thrilling. I was too lazy to move the ball to the other side which will make it a little better as you said. I still think changing the frame will be better since it will involve quite a bit of tinkering to save a few bucks.

Jonathan