Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 19, 2003, 10:36 AM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
L-39 color scheme

I picked up a K&A L-39 kit from Ken on sale last week and started looking for color schemes. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2003, 10:40 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,590 Posts
well it's high vis! on the other hand, looks like a red jet that flew through a yellow paint bucket
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Apr 19, 2003, 10:46 AM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
Phoenix,Arizona
Joined Jul 2001
1,205 Posts
Orange blur

Slopenut
Time......Time.... Looks like it would be time intensive to do ... most likely an Orange blur as it raced accross the sky

IF done would be an Award winner
Semper Fi
joe
uncljoe is offline Find More Posts by uncljoe
Old Apr 19, 2003, 12:50 PM
Ellington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Apr 2001
1,022 Posts
I was thinking of doing something very similar on my Piranha. It would be time intensive. Also, after watching the video, I'm not sure if it wouldn't just be a blur.... Would need something more to differentiate up from down. What's the bottom look like?

Unfortunately for us, many full scale pilots don't need to see the bottoms of their airplanes. In fact, the military ones are designed to blend into the sky.

I remember learning that at a distance, and depending on the light that day, our eyes quickly loose the ability to differentiate between colors that up close look really different. At a distance the colors are less important than the contrast. As the colors grey-out, being able to distinguish them depends on the amount of light they relect (i.e light gray/ dark gray). So, dark red and dark blue may look good on the ground, but are the same on the gray scale, and just becomes a gray dot in the sky. The technical terms are Hue, value and chroma.

So, back to reality, does that scheme help visablity any more than all red or yellow? But it would be cool!!

Jim
JimF is offline Find More Posts by JimF
Old Apr 20, 2003, 10:41 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
I may do that one, or another military scheme. The yellow/red looks quite time intensive, but I may be forced to do it anyway

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut