HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:48 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
I remember those killer rocket videos!!! BTW Denis.. too cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA
Same here.

You need any rocket advice, lemme know.
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequieteuropean
Unless your moving some 1000$ plus rocket arround over 200 mph,
well having flown my first turbine this summer i will say that holy god what a rush... if FPV does to me what that did i will be set for life... it was the first time in my life that i was shaking before startup up... but nothing beats a greasred landing,

o and try about 4000 for a trainer setup and upwards of 6000 for a sport turbine..

FPV= alot cheaper and hopefully just as fun...
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:16 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
I agree turbine is not good. I should know it, I work for a turbine cie...

I should receive this week a HET6904 EDF and 2W-20 motor

that's the spirit it'll be a blast on that power!

VRflyer, would you ever consider building a setup like this for someone as a paid service? there are plenty of plane builders out there, but not FPV plane builders!
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:39 PM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
2,712 Posts
Awesome, Dennis. This one is even better than your Cap 232 video. Really fun.
Scale is so much fun. I love what you've done over the years with the cub, and others, but this one is tops; pure jet-jock rock'n'roll fun!

Any plans to add hand movements like the cap?
I know, we're never satisfied are we? Awesome job on the F-16 and everyone has an idea to improve it Great job and thanks for sharing.
skunkworks2006 is offline Find More Posts by skunkworks2006
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:57 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete
that's the spirit it'll be a blast on that power!

VRflyer, would you ever consider building a setup like this for someone as a paid service? there are plenty of plane builders out there, but not FPV plane builders!
It take me so much time, I've done it one time and it had not goes very well, I made basic error on the choice of the ESC and it had catch fire in the hand of the guy
I would not try a new project for someone else, but doing a copy of the F-16 when it will be complete would be interesting
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:00 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
It don't have enough space to make the arm moving. But also think about it's only a little joystick, not a big stick like in my CAP232, and the movement of the joystick in the F-16 should be very small. So it do not worth the effort. Also weight is important, it's better not add it.

I intend to build a F-18 probably in the future, it would be much bigger, so it will become feasible. And I think the pilot use a big joystick to pilot.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:24 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Well VR, If you would consider building another F16, I would gladly pay you for putting something like it together for me. If you would PM me a "building price" minus the cost of components (motor, fan, esc, etc.etc.), Maybe would could work something out?

I'm afriad i'm one of those poeple with more money than time, an aircraft such as this has been my dream for a long time, i just don't have the time to make it a reality.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:19 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2007
291 Posts
Yeah that golf club video is what brought me into FPV too, although i've been flying r\c already than, but after seeing that video i knew that plain r\c flying wasnt for me. I just had to approach myself from behind at low altitude and see myself's back )))
Shift is offline Find More Posts by Shift
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:50 AM
Kul
Aerodynamics Grad Student
Joined Dec 2007
358 Posts
I'm speechless. I guess your the one that got me addicted to FPV and RC in the first place with the golf club video.

I also enjoyed your standard left traffic pattern around your runway. Constantly adjusting the crab angle on short final is one of my favorite parts of flying real planes but I never really got the same feeling while flying my FPV Twinstar. Unfortunately I cannot afford and don't have to build an FPV jet but my next plane will definitely have smaller wings and landing gears. You should try to flare the plane when you are right over the runway for added realism.
Kul is offline Find More Posts by Kul
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:13 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Not sure what's better, the FPV or the exhaust.. :0
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:31 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete
Well VR, If you would consider building another F16, I would gladly pay you for putting something like it together for me..

After thinking about it, it's amazing all the work it need because severals parts are hand made like the canopy, the instruments panels, the little figurine was hard to find, I went at severals stores, etc. I must do that for me, if I charge something, I will always lost because I can not charge all the time.

And also I got so much project in my head, me too I miss time
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:40 PM
I am the BBQ Ninja
United States, MN, Woodbury
Joined Jan 2003
3,721 Posts
Sweet Video!
Willmsy is offline Find More Posts by Willmsy
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
I hate sweet.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:55 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kul
You should try to flare the plane when you are right over the runway for added realism.
I don't know if it possible, the planes is not scale 100%
Mine have thicker wing and is a lot lighter than the real one in comparaison. It land like a glider...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
Joined Apr 2009
75 Posts
Awesome! Any advice you can give on how to make a custom canopy? I'm finishing up a super sniper edf from ejf.com and can't seem to find a workable clear canopy (the one in the kit is tinted and foggy). Great video, hope to someday emulate your ideas in a project of my own
wrex450 is offline Find More Posts by wrex450