HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:39 PM
santee SC
Joined Jan 2008
1 Posts
FAA fears

your demonstration video is truly amazing and fun. I love it. as a flyer myself
I can't wait to try it out ( when I get the $$$ together) but I can honestly see the Faa's problem in this area! up sizing is not hard to do and and adding a weapon? In the wrong hands really scary!!!

I love the sport
retiredguy is offline Find More Posts by retiredguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,232 Posts
the only thing I dont think sets this decade apart from any other is that people have been flying giant gliders illegally (thousands of feet vert) for 30 years+ and the same thing could be done (bomb). without video guidance, all you need is two idiots (flyer and spotter) to detail a plane with a bomb anywhere said idiots want it to go.

for rc cars, they could carry equally dangerous payloads. Even the seasoned old gurus at my local shop who brag about spotting a 120inch flying fortress in the vert position 2000 feet scoff at the action of flying with a video cam a few miles out but low to the ground. total hippocracy imo

not that I dont think fpv could be dangerous, but video guidance won't change whether or not idiots wreck our hobby imo its always a risk
branflakes is online now Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Dec 2001
142 Posts
wao super flying man!
I cant believe how good your landing are, so real is crazy!
is this almost the exact model you are using
http://www.bananahobby.com/2141.html
cloudbuster is offline Find More Posts by cloudbuster
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
FPV-Outstanding in our field
Joined Nov 2011
28 Posts
Wow........getting to the end of this thread and seeing it died about 5 months ago is like getting to the end of a good book only to find the last chapter missing.

VR your vids are the best and I would love to see your next adventure. You vids are what I have always thought FPV should be like. It is uncanny how scale like the flying is........the ground seems to lose its scale as you climb and the flight is exactly what an F16 pilot would see during low level manuvers. I swear to God all that is missing is after landing your canopy comes open and your camera climbs down the cockpit ladder and you see the Crew Chiefs face as you debrief him about your flight.......Its real enough to say........Man, you Nailed it!!! Me Next!........

Thanks so much!
galaxyengineer is online now Find More Posts by galaxyengineer
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:17 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyengineer View Post
VR your vids are the best and I would love to see your next adventure.
Thanks a lot galaxyengineer

Hum you would love to see what is comming next

look at this!
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Hah no way... That's one of the birds I've been looking at to make FPV.

I'm trying to decide between that, the freewing eurofighter, or the sebart mig (as a belly lander)...

Your work is truly inspiring, I must say
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
Hah no way... That's one of the birds I've been looking at to make FPV.
Not all birds born equal...

My friend Kilrah bought the MIG29, the brother of my F-18, and it have very few space inside, the f-18 have more than enough room to install everything, but very hard to access the free space, so I had to make a big removable hatch under the plane.

Very hard to find a good plane.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:52 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer View Post
Not all birds born equal...

My friend Kilrah bought the MIG29, the brother of my F-18, and it have very few space inside, the f-18 have more than enough room to install everything, but very hard to access the free space, so I had to make a big removable hatch under the plane.

Very hard to find a good plane.
Peut etre comme ca?

scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,205 Posts
VR, you inspired me to make an fpv edf. I just finished an erc eurofighter. It has plenty of room and is a great flier. I ended up using a spare canopy from a sapac JAS that turned out to be perfect. It is pretty darn clear. I have not been able to fpv it yet and wont we able to for a year or so but I have several onboard videos in my thread. I think the Eurofighter is an awsome fpv platform.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:50 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
wow fantastic work scrtsqrl, it look great!. You should have a lot of space inside, no doubt
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:11 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,293 Posts
Quote:
wow fantastic work scrtsqrl, it look great!. You should have a lot of space inside, no doubt

Sadly, it is not my work. It is Lucien Miller's (LBMiller5). I got the plans for this plane 4 years ago but have not found the time to complete it yet...lols...

Perhaps you could build one.
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
VR, you inspired me to make an fpv edf. I just finished an erc eurofighter. It has plenty of room and is a great flier. I ended up using a spare canopy from a sapac JAS that turned out to be perfect. It is pretty darn clear. I have not been able to fpv it yet and wont we able to for a year or so but I have several onboard videos in my thread. I think the Eurofighter is an awsome fpv platform.
As that is one of the birds I am looking at, what was the reason for replacing the canopy?

Was the stock one not sufficiently clear?

Cheers
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,205 Posts
It was ok but the frame line really spoils the view. Plus the JAS canopy was a little taller so I had more room for the camera.

You can see the different tests in my thread here, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1586377
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by techspy; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
FPV-Outstanding in our field
Joined Nov 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot galaxyengineer

Hum you would love to see what is comming next

look at this!
OHHHhhhhhhhh God your Killing me VR!!!!!

VR........I'll be your wing man any day!

Truley inspiring.........Im still wayyyyyy behind you trying to figure out R/CTX range issues vs. VTX watt output on a foam cheeeepo blah blah blah........but you can bet when it is sorted out I am following in your foot steps. The day I get my first EDF scale jet flight will be the culmination of all I am working for now in FPV.

I wonder how far we will go in this hobby???? Someday.......... I picture rival gangs (or squadrons) of us fpv "geeks" sitting around in our Moc cockpits flying missions and dog fighting each other in the air for the best flying sights. Winners get the good flying fields.........but they also have to defend it.

I digress.......

VR........is the F-18 a better canidate than the F-16 as far as FPV gear fit and flyability or is the simplisity of the 16 the winner?

Thanks so much for breathing new life into this thread........I am reading "the rest of the book" now.

Brett
galaxyengineer is online now Find More Posts by galaxyengineer
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Aug 2008
208 Posts
VR- what camera do you use?
Moose2 is offline Find More Posts by Moose2