HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2009, 06:56 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Discussion
Looking for pictures\hints on an EasyStar, 2.4Ghz Radio, 900Mhz Video & GPS

I'm still waiting for my EasyStar, and my OSD Pro from HK...

But, does anyone run this setup?

EasyStar
ET OSD Pro
ET GPS
2.4Ghz radio
900Mhz Video

I'd really like to see where you're components are placed, and what sort of anti-noise precautions... Where's the Tx's placed etc...

(A picture says a thousand words... )
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:18 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Great! I'm pioneering this?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:49 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
The only thing you might have to worry about is the 900Mhz messing with your GPS.

I have a 500mW 900Mhz and a little GPS antenna about 8 inches away from each other and I don't have any problems getting a lock.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:57 PM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
It's not an Easy Star but it's close...

Everything is a tight fit in the Wild Hawk.. I think you'll have more room in the EZ*.

It's pretty nose heavy and I have several ounces of ballast behind the tail wheel. The GPS is mounted on the tail just before the vert. stab. The OSD Pro, logger, UBEC and 2.4G Rx are crammed in the radio bay. The 1300mAH LiPo pack is as far back as I can get it under the ReadyMadeRC Easy-Pod and there's virtually nothing in the nose. I've gyro stabilized the elevator and it flies very well despite being nose heavy. I have absolutely no issues with the GPS and the 900MHz video Tx..
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Thanks!

The battery should be as close to the CoG as possible, right?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:43 PM
Near Saint Louis MO. (IL Side)
Joined Aug 2009
534 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1108382

Theres some pics of mine, I moved the servos back to help offset some weight, as for the battery, depending on how heavey it is would determine where I would put it for the COG.

When I use my small 1800mah lipos, it means im usually not FPV flying, just goofin off, i put BOTH in the front at the same time, I like my planes a little nose heavey for some reason. When i use my HUGE 5000mah lipo along with all the fpv gear, I try to set the battery close to the wings, but I offset some of its weight by adding an 1800mah lipo for the cam behind the wings, it still leaves the plane quite nose heavey, and the plane itsself is REALLY heavey lol, but with the easyglider wings and giant 8x6 prop i have on there, there is no probs really.
jsullivan05 is offline Find More Posts by jsullivan05