HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:58 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,595 Posts
My question is now what do I do, as I still can not get the receiver off the wing-tube.

see photos on previous page.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:30 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
My question is now what do I do, as I still can not get the receiver off the wing-tube.

see photos on previous page.
So now that you've got it out of the fuse you can simply put one hand on the receiver and one hand on the wing tube and start twisting and pulling? It just won't budget at all??
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:44 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So now that you've got it out of the fuse you can simply put one hand on the receiver and one hand on the wing tube and start twisting and pulling? It just won't budget at all??
No it would not budge. I have finally solved the problem. I ended up grabbing my heat-gun and after heating it I was able to get it off without any damage. I found the reason the tube became locked on the wing tube. It was the baby powder I put on the wing-tube. It got compacted in a certain area on the wing-tube and acted like glue. What is something i can use to clean off the wing tube? maybe rubbing alcohol?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:51 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
No it would not budge. I have finally solved the problem. I ended up grabbing my heat-gun and after heating it I was able to get it off without any damage. I found the reason the tube became locked on the wing tube. It was the baby powder I put on the wing-tube. It got compacted in a certain area on the wing-tube and acted like glue. What is something i can use to clean off the wing tube? maybe rubbing alcohol?
Wow... that's crazy that it got THAT locked in!! Glad you got it off though.

I'd start with simple rubbing alcohol as you've suggested. I don't think you can go wrong with that.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,595 Posts
Quote:
Wow... that's crazy that it got THAT locked in!! Glad you got it off though.

I'd start with simple rubbing alcohol as you've suggested. I don't think you can go wrong with that.
I know, this is the first time I have had this happen with a wing tube. It was as if it was glued on, but it was nothing more than some baby powder.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,595 Posts
All I have left to do now is clean the wing tube, and sand the receiver so it is not as tight. Then I will epoxy it back in. What is a good epoxy to use for this? I do not use epoxy usually so I am not sure what the best type would be?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:01 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
All I have left to do now is clean the wing tube, and sand the receiver so it is not as tight. Then I will epoxy it back in. What is a good epoxy to use for this? I do not use epoxy usually so I am not sure what the best type would be?
5 or 30 minute epoxy will be perfectly fine. I've even used thick CA with no problems before as well but for this size plane I'd definitely go with epoxy.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:03 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,595 Posts
Quote:
5 or 30 minute epoxy will be perfectly fine. I've even used thick CA with no problems before as well but for this size plane I'd definitely go with epoxy.
OK, thanks for the info. I will pick up some this weekend, along with some rubbing alcohol. Hopefully by me posting this issue and how I resolved it will help others this may happen to.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:51 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
After you have it back together you could put some silicon on the tube.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:34 PM
They will soar on wings..
USA, CA, Danville
Joined Aug 2004
1,163 Posts
Kyle's 57" Extra

A couple snapshots from this morning.

Ron
rsasaki is offline Find More Posts by rsasaki
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:56 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
hey guys my 57 is pretty nose heavy (im using a GForce 40C 3700mAh 4S LiPO, Motrolfly 4315 714kv with fiberglass mount, and the Castle Creations ICE 100) im using a pull-pull setup right now with the battery moved back as far as it can go, just to get the recommended CG for the maiden and not 3D. I cant get the CG back any farther, would changing the pull-pull to push-pull help?
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
hey guys my 57 is pretty nose heavy (im using a GForce 40C 3700mAh 4S LiPO, Motrolfly 4315 714kv with fiberglass mount, and the Castle Creations ICE 100) im using a pull-pull setup right now with the battery moved back as far as it can go, just to get the recommended CG for the maiden and not 3D. I cant get the CG back any farther, would changing the pull-pull to push-pull help?
so you need more tail heavy? yes, put the servo in the tail for push pull. will work great
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:16 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Ok thanks. Will the push pull work with the pull-pull control horns?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:20 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Ok thanks. Will the push pull work with the pull-pull control horns?
i dont have a 57, but i am assuming based on the 3dhs planes that i have put together that it will work just fine
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:33 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
i dont have a 57, but i am assuming based on the 3dhs planes that i have put together that it will work just fine
Ok thanks