HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Jan 2010
214 Posts
So I lost $10 initial shipping cost of my 4315-500; I paid another $10 to return it and another $10 "re-stocking" fee per Ken. And they are out of stock for the fiber X mounts so I have to wait to put the new order and pay more shipping again. I am gladly accepting this since it was my mistake to pick the wrong motor but some other companies have better return policies. Does anyone else sell the Motrofly motors?
ThreeDwannabe is offline Find More Posts by ThreeDwannabe
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:42 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,994 Posts
Oh, you must do your homework my grasshopper.
Ken is the guy bro!! Thats it, thats that and there is no more (MFly that is)
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
Why didn't you just have him rewind it? He has done that a few times for me. The cost depends on the motor but atleast you would of had a motor sooner and not been out the restocking fee
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:26 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
I'm getting ready to order this plane and I'm wondering about the motor. I'm trying to decide between getting the recommend Hacker or the Motrolfly 4315-714. Can you guys help sway me one way or the other. Thanks!
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:33 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
I am a real Hacker fan, but, no A40-10S on this plane, unless you really like strictly "light and floaty". I originally built my Extra with the Hacker, but it was had in my opinion very anemic power. The Motrolfly is a much better option....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
OK thanks!
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I'm getting ready to order this plane and I'm wondering about the motor. I'm trying to decide between getting the recommend Hacker or the Motrolfly 4315-714. Can you guys help sway me one way or the other. Thanks!
I have been a huge fan of hacker, but am not anymore. within the last six moths I have burned up three hacker motors. As my skills have progressed I find myself flying more aggressively and am finding that hacker motors can not take the abuse. That is why I went with the motrofly on this bird after reading so many people licking them. I have not flown mine yet, but can tell you the build quality is better than any motor I have ever seen.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:44 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
I burned up a hacker on my 51" Slick. It couldn't hang with the constant abuse. Motrofly has my business for life.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:50 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I burned up a hacker on my 51" Slick. It couldn't hang with the constant abuse. Motrofly has my business for life.
I still have my hacker running in my slick, I will use it till it burns, then replace it with a motrofly. Though my 51'' is getting old, it is entering its third year of life. It is a V1 yellow that has been crashed twice but will not die. The only damage I did to it was rip the rudder counterbalance off and I was able to repair that so it lives on. Though I have a strong feeling it will not live through another flying season.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:59 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
I still have my hacker running in my slick, I will use it till it burns, then replace it with a motrofly. Though my 51'' is getting old, it is entering its third year of life. It is a V1 yellow that has been crashed twice but will not die. The only damage I did to it was rip the rudder counterbalance off and I was able to repair that so it lives on. Though I have a strong feeling it will not live through another flying season.
Mine put out the magic smoke while in inverted harrier, 5 feet off the deck. So.... Be careful!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:16 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Mine put out the magic smoke while in inverted harrier, 5 feet off the deck. So.... Be careful!
My 47'' extra put out the magic smoke while I was climbing out of a hover and I was at ten feet. Now when I get around to it I have a motor box repair to do, though all my cash has gone into this bird so I do not know what I want to do with my 47 right now. I may try to rewind my hacker motor, I wonder if ken does any motor repair?
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2010
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Why didn't you just have him rewind it? He has done that a few times for me. The cost depends on the motor but atleast you would of had a motor sooner and not been out the restocking fee
Well, I am just trying to avoid any unknown situation, as I spend a very limited time unfortunately dedicated to this amazing hobby. I think everyone whos used the 4315-714 is happy, so I'll go with that...for now. Thanks for the advice though.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2010
214 Posts
On a totally un-related subject, does anyone know why we don't have a dedicated thread to 70" Velox?? My next project...in the future is Velox 70 vs Extra 72. There is a lot info on extra 72 but noone is talking about the Velox 70! Is it not a very good plane or what?
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:58 PM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
348 Posts
The new Velox is tagged onto the old Velox thread. Sweet looking plane.
smithder is offline Find More Posts by smithder
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:53 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
Sweet flying too!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...