HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chq28 View Post
The horizontal stab is in just fine, and yes I followed the instructions. The problem with this plane has been it wants to turn to the left. So I tracked it down to the a possible warp in the rudder. I thought the warp was out and flew it again, but it did the same thing as before. So I bought a new rudder try. When I dry fitted the new rudder it lined up just like the old one. (see picture in post above)

It may be hard to see in the picture, but the rudder doesn't line up like it should.

I do appreciate your advice, but I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the horizontal stab.
Ok....didn't mean to offend....as I said, I can't really see anything from your photo...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:59 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Ok....didn't mean to offend....as I said, I can't really see anything from your photo...

SteveT
No worries, I know you are the master builder. I really do appreciate any ideas on getting this fixed.
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,165 Posts
Never said I was a master builder, which I am not, just trying to help...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:24 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
I need the starboard main wing for a 3dhobbyshop 48" EPP Extra 330, if you have one I am in the market, please send me a PM
Dude you really don't need to post this in every thread known to man
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,575 Posts
does anyone find the 57sc a tad harder to hover than usual? I can hover my foamies all day long. My 74" Edge is also easy to hover. But i'm fighting the rudder movement in a hover with the 57sc. And it seems to want to pitch to the belly side even with the CG set to neutral or even slightly tail heavy.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:55 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
does anyone find the 57sc a tad harder to hover than usual? I can hover my foamies all day long. My 74" Edge is also easy to hover. But i'm fighting the rudder movement in a hover with the 57sc. And it seems to want to pitch to the belly side even with the CG set to neutral or even slightly tail heavy.
Yes. This plane is definitely a little harder to hover than most other planes. It takes a little more effort for sure. I've found that it almost likes to be cocked backwards beyond vertical (jut a hair) to lock in.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:26 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Yes. This plane is definitely a little harder to hover than most other planes. It takes a little more effort for sure. I've found that it almost likes to be cocked backwards beyond vertical (jut a hair) to lock in.
CG set to neutral or slightly tail heavy?
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Oct 22, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:48 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
CG set an neutral or slightly tail heavy?
Neutral
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Neutral
interesting. Guess i just need to get out and practice more. Foamies have spoiled me.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,409 Posts
The extras make you work for the hover. They make up for it with the ease of harriering and ke performance
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Quote:
interesting. Guess i just need to get out and practice more. Foamies have spoiled me.
I had a hard time hovering my balsa planes when I transitioned from foam. I found that foam was really easy to hover and my balsa planes were impossible to hover. I'd go back to my foam planes and it was super simple yet on my 48 inch 1.5 huck I would struggle to hover it for a few seconds. I was banging the sticks and having no luck. I pretty much gave up on it for a while and stuck to flying 3D on my larger foam planes. I then went back to my 1.5 huck and found my skills has improved enough to not bang the sticks on the balsa plane. I found that being relaxed was the difference. Easy smooth input on my larger balsa planes made it very easy to hover. More expo helps as well. Hang in there and learn blenders and higher energy moves for the larger balsa planes and leave hovering for the foamies till your relaxed flying the big balsa plane. It will come with more time.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
I moved the off-topic posts to this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756674
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:23 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,409 Posts
The 70 velox and 89 slick hover almost as easy as a foamy.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:31 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
It just takes some getting used to on the Extra. If you tried to hover something like an Edge or a Slick it would be much easier than the Extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
The extras make you work for the hover. They make up for it with the ease of harriering and ke performance
I agree. I think it also makes up for it when it comes to rolling harriers. It seems like the Extra will do them in super slow motion and man oh man... nearly gives me a woody! TMI I know...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
so you all say it is safe to fly 4x digitals (Savox 1250) on ice75 internal bec? (gona order external in 2 weeks...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts