Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
80amp will be a little low for 4S. At least that is my experience with a 15" prop.
Funny I'm in Denver right now! Any LHS downtown? I'm on foot!
Thanks for the info. Going to wait for Hacker 10s I guess.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
While Rob of ADC Hobby like his, and yes, Ben/3DHS recommends the Hacker, please take it from me, unless you like really "light and floaty", you're not going to like that motor, it is really anemic as far as I am concerned..and I really like Hacker motors...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:27 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Funny I'm in Denver right now! Any LHS downtown? I'm on foot!
Thanks for the info. Going to wait for Hacker 10s I guess.
nope. None downtown that i know of. Closest one is probably Colpar Hobbies in either lakewood or aurora. Both are about equidistant from downtown.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:49 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
nope. None downtown that i know of. Closest one is probably Colpar Hobbies in either lakewood or aurora. Both are about equidistant from downtown.
Well there's a word you don't hear everyday!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
Jim
Winchendon,MA
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Where are you guys flying in summer? I'm in New England so it's not crazy hot (90s max)! 3D doesn't have the Hacker -10s in stock right now. Is anyone running the motrolfly 4315-714 with an 80A esc? I have apc 14x7, master airscrew 14x8 and a pro tek 15x7. Curious what kind of Amps it will pull with a good 4s 2200-4000? Guessing 65+
I have an A30 10S in my SebArt 30E on a 3S and I can tell you that the motor gets scary hot up here in the North East in the summer. In fact I have to prop down from the recommended 14X7 to 13X8 to get the motor down to a barely acceptable hot temp. I am getting this plane for my next season flyer and I will be going with the Motrofly motor for the power and also because I have heard from here and other threads that the Motroflys run much cooler than the Hackers.
jmoore is offline Find More Posts by jmoore
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:02 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
You guys drive a hard bargain and enjoy spending my money! I know it is all in the promotion of successful performance for these wonderful airframes. Since all are out of stock I have time to think. I think I can return my 80 A esc and get a 100 A. That will open up the options. I do appreciate the comments.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
Ok, old rudder is off and the new rudder is taped up but not glued. My question, looking at the pic could my vert stab be the problem and it isn't straight. This rudder has no warps in it. I'm at a loss as to what I can do to fix this. I don't think that cutting new slots for hinges is going to fix this.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350846514.247822.jpg
Views: 71
Size: 68.8 KB
Description:

Hopefully the pic is good enough to tell it is cocked to the left.
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,460 Posts
I'd bet that is the issue.... That's pretty crooked! And you have the rudder taped perfectly in line with the stab?
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I'd bet that is the issue.... That's pretty crooked! And you have the rudder taped perfectly in line with the stab?
Yep that's lined up as perfect as I can get it.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,460 Posts
How long ago did you buy that? It was around the same time I bought mine, if I remember correctly.. I'd hit Noll or Ben up and see if there's a way to fix it or anything (although short of rebuilding the fuse, I don't see how it could be fixed). I can't blame you for not noticing that. I, for one, would take for granted that the fuse would all be straight, and never even give it a thought.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
If you did as the instructions call for (I.E. not removing the covering on the stab and using CA. to glue the stab in), removing a stab is not really that hard. First...flow some good debonder (I highly recommend Golden West "Super debonder" into the joints (top and bottom). Then thread a piece of thin pull/pull cable through at the front of the stab (there is usually a gap right at the very front) and then carefully work it back and forth like a saw, pulling towards the back of the stab on both the top and bottom. Do this slowly and carefully, as you do not want to cut into the fuselage. Once you do this, you can slide the stab out and reposition as needed.

Quote:
How long ago did you buy that? It was around the same time I bought mine, if I remember correctly.. I'd hit Noll or Ben up and see if there's a way to fix it or anything (although short of rebuilding the fuse, I don't see how it could be fixed). I can't blame you for not noticing that. I, for one, would take for granted that the fuse would all be straight, and never even give it a thought.
It's not that the fuselage isn't straight, as with any stab installation, you must be careful to properly align it before gluing it in. Please read the attached file on stab installation, and you can go to this post for some photos...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 21, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,460 Posts
The horizontal stab isn't the problem... It's the vertical stab that is cocked, yawing the plane to the left.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:30 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Well there's a word you don't hear everyday!
With a wife like mine you hear words most people have no idea what it is or means. My wife last interview the guy asked my wife what 3 of the words she used means. She doesn't do it to be condescending or be a know it all, that's just how she talks. English is her thing
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:09 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
The horizontal stab isn't the problem... It's the vertical stab that is cocked, yawing the plane to the left.
If you say so....to me, the stab looks crooked, but I can't really tell from the picture...

STeveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
If you did as the instructions call for (I.E. not removing the covering on the stab and using CA. to glue the stab in), removing a stab is not really that hard. First...flow some good debonder (I highly recommend Golden West "Super debonder" into the joints (top and bottom). Then thread a piece of thin pull/pull cable through at the front of the stab (there is usually a gap right at the very he front) and then carefully work it back and forth like a saw, pulling towards the back of the stab on both the top and bottom. Do this slowly and carefully, as you do not want to cut into the fuselage. Once you do this, you can slide the stab out and reposition as needed.

It's not that the fuselage isn't straight, as with any stab installation, you must be careful to properly align it before gluing it in. Please read the attached file on stab installation, and you can go to this post for some photos...

SteveT
The horizontal stab is in just fine, and yes I followed the instructions. The problem with this plane has been it wants to turn to the left. So I tracked it down to the a possible warp in the rudder. I thought the warp was out and flew it again, but it did the same thing as before. So I bought a new rudder try. When I dry fitted the new rudder it lined up just like the old one. (see picture in post above)

It may be hard to see in the picture, but the rudder doesn't line up like it should.

I do appreciate your advice, but I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the horizontal stab.