Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Extras
Nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
57 looks TINY!
Yes it does!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:52 AM
Russian Federation, Moscow
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
What is the best settings for CC ICE + Hacker A40-10S?
Can anyone share it?
Swelll is offline Find More Posts by Swelll
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,377 Posts
This Saturday I picked up a NIB 57" Extra from the RC Groups classified. It came with the Hacker A40-10S motor, a Castle 75AMP ESC, 4 HS255MG servos, extensions and a beautiful Dave Brown 2 1/2 inch aluminum spinner. I put the kit together and when it came time to mount the spinner the adapter nut was not with the package. I could use a really long 3mm x 50mm bolt/screw into the Hacker's hollow threaded prop shaft.

Anyone know if there is an adapter nut to fit this motors prop shaft? Or do I look for a long 3mm bolt?

Anyone use the Dave Brown spinner on the Hacker A40-10S and know how it goes together and what part number I need to order?

I've really been enjoying my 3DHS 48" Edge and love its ability to fly floaty and do everything I ask it to do without any drama. I'm looking forward to this next step up for me.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
on aeromodel 2.5 carbon spinner, m3x45mm screw worked very nice as prop adapter...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,577 Posts
57" Extra 330SC and 59" Slick comparison

I have the 57" Extra 330SC (Great plane!) and I am putting a new 59" Slick together.

Guys, please specify what you like about both planes and describe the flight envelope of the 59" Slick, i.e., hover, harrier, elevator, knife edge, flat spins, blenders, parachutes, walls, tumbles, rolls, etc. I am especially interested in how the 59" Slick tracks and rolls compared to the 57" Extra 330SC.

I plan to initially run a "light" 4S set up on the 59" Slick with a Motrolfly 3620-750 and later go to a "heavy" 6S set up with a Torque 4016T-500. When I go to the "heavy" set up will I need to move my rudder servo to the tail of the plane in order to get a neutral to slightly nose heavy CG on the 59" Slick?

I want to get good to great 3D out of the 59" Slick, but I am more interested in the pattern/precision capabilities of the plane. That's why I plan to use a neutral to slightly nose heavy center of gravity in the 59" Slick.

Thanks for your help, input, and suggestions!
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,377 Posts
I finished my build of this plane and when I fit the wings into the carbon spar I noticed one of the wings is not flush with the fuse. It really bothers me that the anti rotation peg is barely in the hole. I can't push the wing in any further as the front of the wing to the spar is flush. I wondered if it was just the wing that was out of whack and put the left wing in up side down and it has the same clearance issue.

Should I freak out?

The anti rotation peg is in the hole and keeps the wing from rotating but its not all in and flush like the left wing.

Slightly bummed...
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
It will fly as is, and fly well.

I would consider adding a piece of blasa as a cross brace to "push" out the fuse near the pins so it has a better fitment. Put it in at an angle, push down to spread the fuse flightly and CA.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:51 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
I finished my build of this plane and when I fit the wings into the carbon spar I noticed one of the wings is not flush with the fuse. It really bothers me that the anti rotation peg is barely in the hole. I can't push the wing in any further as the front of the wing to the spar is flush. I wondered if it was just the wing that was out of whack and put the left wing in up side down and it has the same clearance issue.

Should I freak out?

The anti rotation peg is in the hole and keeps the wing from rotating but its not all in and flush like the left wing.

Slightly bummed...
If you remove the other wing will the problem wing sit flush to the fuse so that the pin goes all the way in? If so then your wing tube may be a hair too long. If so, then you can trim it a little bit.

Having said that, mine is the same way and I beat the hell out of it and I've never had an issue.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:52 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Will it push in the hole by hand (gently)? Swing Aileron out of the way and put pressure on inside TE part.

Sometimes you have to open up the hole a little.

Mine is on the Left Wing, my Root Rib at the Wing Tube is popped out some from a repair. Shaved it down til it goes in farther now but still not flush at pin area.

From what I gather you are saying it IS Flush at the Tube area? Hard to tell by pic, but doesn't quite look flush farther forward on the wing...
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:55 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
It will fly as is, and fly well.

I would consider adding a piece of blasa as a cross brace to "push" out the fuse near the pins so it has a better fitment. Put it in at an angle, push down to spread the fuse flightly and CA.
That works. I use old Fiberglass Wingtube Holders, cut to fit. Insert near the pins inside the fuse, like slightly behing them on a solid point. Absorbs wingtip shocks well without punching in the Fuse Sides at the Wing TE's. Really beefs up the Fuse back there. I actually have two in mine back there about 3" apart.

Sidenote: Got my new 225MG Elevator servo installed last night, all ready to fly again! Will just need retrimming.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,377 Posts
Yes absolutely FLUSH and tight against the fuse at the carbon tube and forward. The wing can't go in any further. I pressed the inside of the fuse outward at the anti rotation hole to see if I could come out and meet the trailing edge a little. NOPE it's solid and won't be teased into complying.

I can put the anti rotation peg into the fuse flush without the carbon tube in place. (test fit fine that way)

Thanks for the responses!
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:02 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
My "51 Slick is almost exactly the same. I was a bit concerned about it. I just happened to be at SEFF (just built the plane) so I took it over to the 3DHS trailer and talked to Ben about it personally. I was told "Yea no problem, that's why they make two anti rotation pins. Now go Huch the Snot out of it." That is pretty much what I've done with it too.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:03 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Ok, here is something to check. Are both wingpins sticking out of both wings the same distance?

I had one side where the AR Pin was pushed into the wing farther on one wing.

Not much glue was on them, little Debonder and twisted the pin until it came free.

Pull the pin all the way and see how long it is, may be able to reinsert and glue with just a tad more sticking out to seat deeper in the AR hole in the Fuse.

Otherwise, that gap is normal and have seen on many different models.

If the Pin is inside the hole retainer, Flush with the inside of the ring inside the Fuse side, then should be ok.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:05 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post

Should I freak out?

Slightly bummed...
Show us a picture of how far the pin is sticking out on the inside of the fuse. Without a inside fuse pic, then everyone is just guessing in your case.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,377 Posts
Glad to hear that its not that abnormal. Thanks for the quick responses. I can't wait for some flyable weather. I love my 3DHS 48" Edge. I can't wait to see how the 57" Extra stacks up.

The pin is in the hole enough to almost come out the other side. The left wing is fully through the hole.