SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chq28 View Post
It pulls left upright and pulls to the right inverted. If that's the case I'm not sure what to do, take the rudder out and start over?

I do have my motor mounted using spacers, I'm going to make sure that they are the same length first and go from there.

Hopefully it turns out to be an easy fix.
For the most part - make sure your rudder is centered (physically) when the left stick is neutral. Your issue is certainly due to a rudder issue. Is your rudder warped?
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
I will take a harder look at the rudder. I'm pretty sure everything is centered when the stick is neutral, but I will double check.

So, do you guys think that the thrust angle issue is out of the question?
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
I will take a harder look at the rudder. I'm pretty sure everything is centered when the stick is neutral, but I will double check.

So, do you guys think that the thrust angle issue is out of the question?
Not necessarily. If your rudder is centered and not warped then it seems like the only thing left is the thrust angle. But it won't be due to the motor box. It's more likely due to your spacers. They must not e even.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Not necessarily. If your rudder is centered and not warped then it seems like the only thing left is the thrust angle. But it won't be due to the motor box. It's more likely due to your spacers. They must not e even.
Tackle that in a couple of days when I get back home from my trip.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:40 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,834 Posts
I ended up with a washer under the right side (looking at the front of the Firewall), under each tab (top and bottom) and one under the left bottom corner. Perfect Uplines and no ballooning on landings. Mine flies well in all attitudes/modes, fast or slow.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Took my 57 SC out this morning for the first time in a while. That will be the last time it sits idle for that long. This plane seems to amaze me more and more every time I take it out. I've never flown anything that was so stable and floaty down low but then ridiculously violent in high energy stuff.

I had some sweet rollers going down nice and low this morning and wasn't even stressed. It was like the plane was telling me not to worry.

And I do t know why I've never pushed the limits in KE before, especially after watching Warren scrape his wing tips all the time in KE flight but man oh man this thing is a BEAST in KE flight. ROCK STEADY and super locked in.

I had been wringing my EF Edge out recently but I think I'll switch my focus to this plane now. Pure awesomeness!!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:59 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Took my 57 SC out this morning for the first time in a while. That will be the last time it sits idle for that long. This plane seems to amaze me more and more every time I take it out. I've never flown anything that was so stable and floaty down low but then ridiculously violent in high energy stuff.

I had some sweet rollers going down nice and low this morning and wasn't even stressed. It was like the plane was telling me not to worry.

And I do t know why I've never pushed the limits in KE before, especially after watching Warren scrape his wing tips all the time in KE flight but man oh man this thing is a BEAST in KE flight. ROCK STEADY and super locked in.

I had been wringing my EF Edge out recently but I think I'll switch my focus to this plane now. Pure awesomeness!!
i dont know, maybe im doing something wrong, but to me 48*msx seems 3x more locked in ke....(but extra seems better in all the rest lol)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:28 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,834 Posts
Just flew the 57 SC too hard this afternoon. Had a weakened Elevator Servo from the Bean Dipping at Newark last weekend and she went out on me on the last Flight/Tumble. Deadsticked Full Elevator landing.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=23330
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:39 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Just flew the 57 SC too hard this afternoon. Had a weakened Elevator Servo from the Bean Dipping at Newark last weekend and she went out on me on the last Flight/Tumble. Deadsticked Full Elevator landing.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=23330
Happy to see nothing drastic happened!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,834 Posts
Since Todd's is apparently shutdown, ordered a new one from ServoCity, on the way.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:34 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
Finally got a chance to look at it. I put two washers on with each motor mount screw, but I forgot one washer on the top right screw. So, tonight after a little football and golf tv I'm going to get out and see if this makes a difference..

I hope that's all it is!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:53 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,834 Posts
Quote:
Finally got a chance to look at it. I put two washers on with each motor mount screw, but I forgot one washer on the top right screw. So, tonight after a little football and golf tv I'm going to get out and see if this makes a difference..

I hope that's all it is!
I wouldn't go (two). One under three legs is plenty unless your firewall has been punched back from a crash and is not in original alignment.

Check my drawing, Viewing from the Front... Added One Washer under each leg (3) of the X-Mount.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:57 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
I put washers on there originally with the screws. I forgot to put one on the top left corner, which I'm hoping is the problem. That washer made it even all the way around. If it doesn't work, I'm going to set it up the way your diagram shows.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:22 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,714 Posts
Extras
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:34 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts