HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:25 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
+100 on 3DHS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I was saying in a previous post that I havent heard back from them after my email. I TOTALLY STAND CORRECTED AND APOLOGIZE as it appears I wasnt getting my emails on my google acct and its already been sent out (even after Noll requested pics that I didnt send due to no email) NOLL, BEN, AMY AND CREW YOU GUYS ROCK......Another paycheck coming your way!!!!
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:05 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
600 Posts
Just joined the Extra club! I have wanted one of these for a long time and finally pulled the trigger with the 4th of July coupon. I do have question, the wing tube is really tight. Did I read somewhere that you could use Pam to make it slide better?
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chq28 View Post
Just joined the Extra club! I have wanted one of these for a long time and finally pulled the trigger with the 4th of July coupon. I do have question, the wing tube is really tight. Did I read somewhere that you could use Pam to make it slide better?
Or talcum powder...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:42 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Where are you flying at? I know we've talked before but we should get together and fly. Ramona Park is where I like to fly but the 57" feels a bit big there.

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jul 01, 2012, 02:01 AM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,979 Posts
Quote:
Tighter than a Hebrew at a flea market. It "wears in" after a few on-off cycles of the wings.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Where are you flying at? I know we've talked before but we should get together and fly. Ramona Park is where I like to fly but the 57" feels a bit big there.

Jay
We should get together, I have flown there a few times with another guy off of RCG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Tighter than a Hebrew at a flea market. It "wears in" after a few on-off cycles of the wings.
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:57 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,220 Posts
I'm lucky to fly with RCDrum, a 3DHS team pilot, every weekend. The 57" SC is his "workhorse" and he's on his fifth one. Yesterday he was scraping the wing tips doing rollers down the runway! THEN a minute later he had somekind of brownout and it did the lawndart of death! We were both heartbroke. I sure hope he can find a new motorbox! It's amazing how tough these planes are! We were expecting total destruction, looks like a motorbox and popsicle sticks will get her in the air.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:57 AM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I'm lucky to fly with RCDrum, a 3DHS team pilot, every weekend. The 57" SC is his "workhorse" and he's on his fifth one. Yesterday he was scraping the wing tips doing rollers down the runway! THEN a minute later he had somekind of brownout and it did the lawndart of death! We were both heartbroke. I sure hope he can find a new motorbox! It's amazing how tough these planes are! We were expecting total destruction, looks like a motorbox and popsicle sticks will get her in the air.
Did he have vinyl on it yet? lol .... I remember he was going through a rough patch about a year and a half ago, were as soon as he put on some of Rob's vinyl, the plane went in I hope that streak isn't coming back.

He's awesome to watch fly!
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:11 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
+100 on 3DHS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I was saying in a previous post that I havent heard back from them after my email. I TOTALLY STAND CORRECTED AND APOLOGIZE as it appears I wasnt getting my emails on my google acct and its already been sent out (even after Noll requested pics that I didnt send due to no email) NOLL, BEN, AMY AND CREW YOU GUYS ROCK......Another paycheck coming your way!!!!
Great to hear a positive story!

Thanks for posting and hope to hear a bunch more.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:09 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,220 Posts
No the plane was naked. And the sad part is, it was a failure, not bad piloting. I lost my 51" Slick in the same spot doing the same thing a while back. I guess the natural thing to do is look down at the TX, yeah I got the right inputs! It's a shame when it's a failure!!! Been watching Robert fly for years, he's flying better than ever. Sure hope he can find a motorbox and get her back in the air. A joy to watch- wing tip scrape into a tail drag into a hover is a typical day for Robert and his SC.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,979 Posts
Got a flight in this morning. I got six new packs the other day, got Deans connectors soldered on last night. I took the new packs and 2 old ones, so I could compare, and I'll be damned if I didn't forget to put Velcro on the new ones. LOL
I didn't wanna risk ejecting one mid-flight, so I just flew the old pack and came home. I'll fly the new packs this evening after it cools down some.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:59 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
No the plane was naked. And the sad part is, it was a failure, not bad piloting. I lost my 51" Slick in the same spot doing the same thing a while back. I guess the natural thing to do is look down at the TX, yeah I got the right inputs! It's a shame when it's a failure!!! Been watching Robert fly for years, he's flying better than ever. Sure hope he can find a motorbox and get her back in the air. A joy to watch- wing tip scrape into a tail drag into a hover is a typical day for Robert and his SC.
Was it out at el Toro? On the left hand side of the field?
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Selling a full 6s electronics setup for a 57 to fund some car repairs. Figured i would let you guys have first chance at them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683940
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:31 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
Selling a full 6s electronics setup for a 57 to fund some car repairs. Figured i would let you guys have first chance at them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683940
Man... If you were just a week earlier I'd have bought this.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:53 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,220 Posts
We fly at El Torro, now the Great Park. It happened right in front of the pilots stations. Saw him at the club meeting last night and he said it was worse than it looked at the field. Wouldn't it be great if all the electronic stuff we use was really bullit proof and there were no failures!!!