SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:22 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I only have a few flights on my SC. I can do knife edge spins all day long on my other planes, but I can't get the SC to do it. Looks like too much rudder, is there such a thing? Thanks and when I get my 65" Viper up how's it tumble and spin?
Man this plane will Easily KE Spin and get into a hard one using throttle and full Down.

I've got a vid coming up in about an hour that shows a hard and fast one wrapping up. I don't remember needing much Rudder, I just get it on the side stalled, Push Down and hit the gas!

Big Vypers tumble hard. theKM scared me with his doing one in front of us.
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:36 AM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I only have a few flights on my SC. I can do knife edge spins all day long on my other planes, but I can't get the SC to do it. Looks like too much rudder, is there such a thing?
Mine KE spins like a viscious animal! Very little rudder needed.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
57 SC Firewall Testing!

Here's the vid of Flt 3 last night, had her cranked up pretty fast by then.

3DHS 57 SC Firewall Testing! (4 min 29 sec)
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:05 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Flying Angry on all three flights tonight after busting up my new little Heli after getting it all working good today.

This is Flight 3:

3DHS 57 Extra 330 SC Wide Open! (4 min 58 sec)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Finally got an opportunity tonite to unwrap my new blue 57, More disappointment, broken cowl. I just cant get a break lately on the new 3DHS shipments. Soooo, more prolonging flying the new ones. Two in a row now damaged. Fixed the last one myself as to not sound like a whiner. Frustration is beginning to set in here.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Jun 25, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,746 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to punt your local UPS man's arse!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:30 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Sounds to me like you need to punt your local UPS man's arse!
Actually this one wasnt his fault. Neatly wrapped in the undamaged box. Im not complaining as I own and fly several of 3DHS products and am very pleased with them and am currently flying 3DHS exclusively, Just frustrating sometimes. You know how us pilots are (very impatient) BUT customer service rocks!!!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:36 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Here's the vid of Flt 3 last night, had her cranked up pretty fast by then.
Nice! Can you tell me what your setup is? Sorry I haven't been paying attention if you already said what it is.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,746 Posts
I got the same decals, but it doesn't matter to me, as I don't care for a bunch of stickers on my plane. Sucks about the cowl though. I would build it and fly it anyway, and when the new cowl arrives, change it out.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:38 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I got the same decals, but it doesn't matter to me, as I don't care for a bunch of stickers on my plane. Sucks about the cowl though. I would build it and fly it anyway, and when the new cowl arrives, change it out.
If possible I will. Hopefully Ben and Co will help me out with a new one as Im ordering again this week (maybe toss it in the box). He may want me to ship this one back. We will see. Either way Im proceeding with the build. Doing a big AJ at the same time.
Oh and I will order vinyls for the SC. Just wondering if it was a mistake
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:27 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
sigh...today went to a field, and after putting everything together accidentaly hit elevator with my leg (at least i didnt step on it lol) and it came loose... looks like i ripped some covering open... now just to look closer... worst case im grounded for a month until i get a new elevator... (if some covering will be left sticking somewhere i cant get)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:29 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
If Balsa is not broken then you should be able to ligne it back up and re glue. a little trim cote to cover the bo bo

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,147 Posts
BoBo would NOT liked to be covered!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
♫ Learning to fly ♫
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57 View Post
UPS just dropped off my kit and I was wondering about the decals that came with it. I thought the decals from the pic were the stock decals but I received a decal sheet for an Extra SHP, same sheet that came with my 47" SHP. Just curious if these are the correct decals? Thanks
Just got an answer back from Noll, the 330SC decals are no longer included with the kit. I don't really think the 300shp decals are a good match for this model. I like some of the after market vinyl but have a hard time spending almost a third of the cost of the air frame.
dataylor57 is offline Find More Posts by dataylor57
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:55 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57 View Post
Just got an answer back from Noll, the 330SC decals are no longer included with the kit. I don't really think the 300shp decals are a good match for this model. I like some of the after market vinyl but have a hard time spending almost a third of the cost of the air frame.
huh? thats funny if 47" decals comes as intended with a 57" airframe... i suggest get it in air, make sure you will not dumb it on first flight, make sure your equipment will not "$"%"% on you, and AFTER that you can be sure that vinyl will make your plane muuuuch nicer for a long time.... i got adc vinyl and couldnt have been happier with it...

and when i DID trash the wing on it.... im 95% sure that i asked rob to include vinyl and how much to pay for it and he included it for free!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts