HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,445 Posts
I'm at sea level and I liked a 15x7 best here.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:06 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
i'm still debating on whether to go 4s or 6s on this bird. I have 6 gens 4000 4s batts for the 74 and i'm tempted to go that route simply so i don't buy new batts. But i'm also tempted by the longer flight times and cooler setup of 6S. I have several 2200 around that could be used too or i could pick up some cheapy 3000mah 6S batts.
4000mAH 4S is really nice weight wise....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:15 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Flight Report:
4315-714 w/ xoar 15x7 ice 100 (usual settings modified) 4s4000 gens ace
OMG (can I still say that), this plane rips. I had a perm-a-grim out at the field. Blows away the old reaper slush box RIP (good motor, just slow throttle response). Plenty of power and I was able to use much more of the sky. Motor was ice cold pack after pack. I highly recommend this setup.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:19 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
Flight Report:
OMG (can I still say that), this plane rips. I had a perm-a-grim out at the field. Blows away the old reaper slush box RIP (good motor, just slow throttle response). Plenty of power and I was able to use much more of the sky. Motor was ice cold pack after pack. I highly recommend this setup.
Also works great in the 59" Slick!!

Though I have no problems with my Reaper GR-60 in my Extra...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
♫ Learning to fly ♫
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Flight Report:
Just ordered some of the same batteries and still have to order my motor. Any problems getting proper cog set with the 4315. Thanks...Drew
dataylor57 is offline Find More Posts by dataylor57
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57 View Post
Just ordered some of the same batteries and still have to order my motor. Any problems getting proper cog set with the 4315. Thanks...Drew
None at all, I have my receiver just in front of the wing tube and the lipo butts up against that. So lipo is 1/2 inch from the wing tube. The plane didn't even need a click of trim, Invert ever so slight falls to the ground.

Steve the reaper was a great motor and had a hard life. On the last dozen of so it got really "laggy". I thought it was the esc going out until the motor screached in a KE spin and I was just able to get her down without damage. The motrolfly was a nice upgrade though.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:37 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57 View Post
Probably not....No problem in the 59" Slick, and the Reaper GR-60 is also heavy....

Buy the lightened 4315-714...with fiberglass X mount

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:39 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
None at all, I have my receiver just in front of the wing tube and the lipo butts up against that. So lipo is 1/2 inch from the wing tube. The plane didn't even need a click of trim, Invert ever so slight falls to the ground.

Steve the reaper was a great motor and had a hard life. On the last dozen of so it got really "laggy". I thought it was the esc going out until the motor screached in a KE spin and I was just able to get her down without damage. The motrolfly was a nice upgrade though.
Yes. the Motrolfly is great.... I have four spare Reapers...(no, I won't sell one). It's too bad they are no longer made....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:44 PM
♫ Learning to fly ♫
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2010
460 Posts
Awesome...thanks guys
dataylor57 is offline Find More Posts by dataylor57
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:45 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
i'm still debating on whether to go 4s or 6s on this bird. I have 6 gens 4000 4s batts for the 74 and i'm tempted to go that route simply so i don't buy new batts. But i'm also tempted by the longer flight times and cooler setup of 6S. I have several 2200 around that could be used too or i could pick up some cheapy 3000mah 6S batts.
Ken just come watch my 4S fly on the 714kV Motrofly. Your questions will be answered and you will not need to buy 6S packs.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:26 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Also works great in the 59" Slick!!

Though I have no problems with my Reaper GR-60 in my Extra...

SteveT
Agreed! The 4315 714kv for the 59" Slick is really needed over the recommended Hacker, which seems a little underpowered to me.

I will be maidening the 58" Edge with the Motrofly 4315 714kv on 4s, tomorrow.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Has anyone tried the 15x7 Falcon props? How do they compare to xoar. Looks like the xoars are oos everywhere.

I rarely break a prop but today on TAKEOFF I nosed it in. I blame it on a loose wheel pant
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:15 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,681 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone tried the 15x7 Falcon props? How do they compare to xoar. Looks like the xoars are oos everywhere.

I rarely break a prop but today on TAKEOFF I nosed it in. I blame it on a loose wheel pant
Gotta put the blame somewhere...and since most of us fly 2.4gHZ anymore, we can't blame crashes on the radios (well maybe if flying Fatubas)....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:

I've been flying Protek's... loving the performance thus far, even flying the electric props on my GT33 gasser...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...c+wood&x=0&y=0
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I've been flying Protek's... loving the performance thus far, even flying the electric props on my GT33 gasser...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...c+wood&x=0&y=0
I'll order some up...this way if I crash I can blame it on this new prop