That's a fact
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:23 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,200 Posts
Can't wait to fly with you guys and meet the "Austinator".

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:33 PM
For the Birds
California
Joined Jul 2004
400 Posts
I am almost ready to maiden my new 330SC!! Dose this look about right for the GR-60 with an APCe 14x8.5? The power seems a bit excessive to me, but I guess too much power is not really something to complain about.
Stagger_Wing is offline Find More Posts by Stagger_Wing
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:39 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
Can't wait to fly with you guys and meet the "Austinator".

MLT
sure missed it today in cochran ga bro..mac hodges flew his new cub from americus to raa andlanded across the road in a hay field,ate lunch with us,then took off and put on one heck of a show with that cub!!he touched his wheels on our mat where we take off and land our rc planes!! man it was kool!!did like 5 or 6 passes doing slips and low passes,touch and go..man it was kool.oh and we flew and ate good pig that was slow cooked all night.YUM!!im not gonna say he took off in the road. that might be a sick bird
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:40 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger_Wing View Post
I am almost ready to maiden my new 330SC!! Dose this look about right for the GR-60 with an APCe 14x8.5? The power seems a bit excessive to me, but I guess too much power is not really something to complain about.
oh, the GR60 is every bit excessive on this plane
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:08 PM
Citizen #96
NE Denver, CO
Joined Sep 2007
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
WW - It's vinyl decals...it comes to you on a big transfer sheet...it all goes on as a single unit. Can you really imagine anyone putting all those little pieces on one at a time?
Thanks, I'm feeling much better now. I think.
Steve Graham is online now Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:26 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
I have a quick question and then some pictures.

Question:
I need to replace my landing gear and I need to remove the LG cover but it's not coming off without damaging it. I used silicone as someone suggested. Any ideas on how to get this out? With the LG attached, it's difficult to get a knife, etc under it.

Pictures:
I was at the "Wings Over Houston" air show today to see the Blue Angels and Michael Goulian (www.mikegoulian.com ) had his new full scale Extra 330 SC. It tumbles VERY nicely just like its little brother. Here are some pictures...
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Last edited by TexasFlyer; Oct 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:29 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,725 Posts
I had to snoop around and find the right American flag for this photoshop, but I think this is it.....
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Jan 17, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:33 AM
Tx
Joined Oct 2008
1,007 Posts
A video of some slower stuff with the 57" SC....it isn't the heavy plane people seem to be making it out to be. This plane is flying a much heavier pack than required, and still floats around with ease. I turned down the high rates on ailerons by about 10degrees to play around with slower rolling harriers, and lower rates worked excellent. Would need to fly it a few more times to get used to it from what I normally fly.

Was also messing around with some precision/snap rolls on different rates. Really should set this up for precision flight to be doing this, but all this was flown on the stock 3D setup w/ slightly tuned rates.

So here ya go.
Extra 330 SC - Low n' Slow and just messin around (7 min 36 sec)
tjhawker is offline Find More Posts by tjhawker
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:43 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,725 Posts
Beautiful, smooth, awesome flying, Tyler.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:43 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
lower, yes, needs to go lower...

...I don't know what underpants he wearing either...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:46 AM
Tx
Joined Oct 2008
1,007 Posts
Thx

And big thanks to Jeff again for letting me beat up on his 57" SC.
This plane is too much fun
tjhawker is offline Find More Posts by tjhawker
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:02 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,516 Posts
Hi Guys...

Well..I was finally able to get some building done on my red one today....real nice kit as usuall!!
My son is telling me to hurry up so I can get mine off of the bench, so that he can build his!!!

I have both the GR-45 and the GR-60...I was going to go with the GR-60, but the more I watch, the more I think I might like the GR-45.

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Nov 01, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:22 AM
Jesus Freak
USA, TN, Knoxville, Cedar Bluff
Joined Feb 2005
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
Hi Guys...

Well..I was finally able to get some building done on my red one today....real nice kit as usuall!!
My son is telling me to hurry up so I can get mine off of the bench, so that he can build his!!!

I have both the GR-45 and the GR-60...I was going to go with the GR-60, but the more I watch, the more I think I might like the GR-45.

SteveT
I think you'd be crazy to need more power then the Gr45 and why add the extra weight........weight, did I say something about weight?......oopsMatt
byHISgrace is offline Find More Posts by byHISgrace
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:32 AM
Jesus Freak
USA, TN, Knoxville, Cedar Bluff
Joined Feb 2005
859 Posts
Great video Austin! That's what I'm talking about, wild 3d and precision in the same flight, really shows what the plane is capable of. You took that plane from flying in the confines of a baseball diamond to scorching up the entire sky doing a slow roll. I'd love to see you fly in the mornings at LFC and watch the old farts gasp at what an airplane can do. Yeh, I know, they'll just try to chase you away for doing all of that scary and dangerous stuff. Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
After last week's epic carnage I am not very amused.

Yes. An utterly catastrophic propeller failure. One blade sheard off flush with the hub and it shook the plane apart before I knew what had happened. After that it fell out of the air like a ton of crap and that was the end of it. It's fixable, but it would never be the same. I love this plane too much to fly it all patched up and ratty looking. I'll just get another one.

I was really diggin' it..... right up until I got killed.

This is the flight before the accident. Sorry, no carnage on this vid.

byHISgrace is offline Find More Posts by byHISgrace