Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:23 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Just pulled thu trigger on this one officially subscribed
Again congrats. This is a MUCH MUCH nicer flying plane than the Yak. Get your crashing out on the Yak and then enjoy the Extra
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:02 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
For 9 months out of the year it is as long as you go after all the FOGs have gone to bed (4pm or so)
I agree, looks like great flying!

Here in the Northwest we get about 2-3 months of consistent nice flying weather - just the opposite.

If anyone knows of a B2B sales management or general management job in the Phoenix area, please let me know as would love the evening fly time.

Check me out on Linkedin if you have a lead: Chet McBroom

Thanks!
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:41 AM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Again congrats. This is a MUCH MUCH nicer flying plane than the Yak. Get your crashing out on the Yak and then enjoy the Extra
Thanks exactly my plan
IEATSRT is offline Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:09 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,272 Posts
Does it come with spinner? If not what 2.5 inch is a good color match for red scheme?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
you have to buy your own spinner. I like the great planes spinners with the aluminum backplate from towerhobbies
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
you have to buy your own spinner. I like the great planes spinners with the aluminum backplate from towerhobbies
Thanks. Can u not use plastic great planes backplate?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:26 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
they are thicker and you are already going to have a tight fit with the prop nut.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:27 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Thanks. Can u not use plastic great planes backplate?
The aluminum plate looks better and is stronger, IMO.

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,272 Posts
Thanks will give this one a go?

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=GPMQ4771
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:58 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2010
468 Posts
Was at Oktoberfest Austin this week and walked away with a 57 inch Extra i purchased from Ben. The event was outstanding and the weather was spot on. I'm going to set this bird up with the Hacker A40-10s with a spektrum 6210 rec.Phoenix ICE 75 esc running on 4s 25/5000 battery because i have a few new ones on hand. Not sure on the prop just yet. I have a 47 inch Extra that i have been flying about a year and thought it would be nice to move up to the next size.
motor12 is offline Find More Posts by motor12
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:02 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor12 View Post
Was at Oktoberfest Austin this week and walked away with a 57 inch Extra i purchased from Ben. The event was outstanding and the weather was spot on. I'm going to set this bird up with the Hacker A40-10s with a spektrum 6210 rec.Phoenix ICE 75 esc running on 4s 25/5000 battery because i have a few new ones on hand. Not sure on the prop just yet. I have a 47 inch Extra that i have been flying about a year and thought it would be nice to move up to the next size.
Congrats, I am sure you will love the 57", as it is a great flying plane.

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:17 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I'm 59 and look like an FOG, but how many FOG's insist on doing a blender when they maiden the new 57" Extra. The real FOG's at the field think I'm crazy and immature. I must be doing something right!
You ARE the man Wayne!

Good work soldier.

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:20 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post

btw, Buzzed looks like Ferris Bueller
Yeah, yeah, so what if I do!?!?

Hehehe

Ferris Buller Sing's - Twist And Shout (2 min 41 sec)
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:40 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
57" Extra 330SC Wings, crashed cowl, crashed fuselage

Hi guys - I originally posted this in the classifieds section but someone suggested I post here as well, seemed like a good idea

I crashed my beautiful 3DHS 57" Red/Blue Extra 330SC. Fairly soft crash (electrical system failure), lost all power during a flatspin. Landed totally flat on hard soiul. Fuselage cracked in half. I don't have the time or inclination to fix the fuse, and 3DHS doesn't seem to stock this fuse kit anymore.

I could do two things: sell the good parts left from the plane to a fellow Extra330SC pilot, or I could buy a fuselage if anyone has one.

The two wings are perfect, they barely touched the ground in the crash. No damage at all. I've got with wing bags and SFGs. I could sell them with the installed, ready-to-go HiTec HS225MG servos or without.

I also have the cowl, which suffered no damage except for a small nick, can barely see it.

I also have the back half of the fuselage with intact stabs and control surfaces, as well as the installed HS225MG Servos for the elevator and the pull-pull rudder.

Finally, I've got the LG which has no actual damage I can see, just the normal wear and tear.

I'd love to sell the lot together, LPU would be best. Give me an offer if interested! Or, let me give you an offer for your equivalent fuselage
tmsn is offline Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:21 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,464 Posts
The fuse is probably just out of stock right now. 3DHS tries to have spares available for two years after an airframe is discontinued, and the Extra is still being produced.

The other option is that the SC is on sale right now at aero-model. I think the fuse kit is $200...for an extra $60 you could have a whole bunch of spare parts. http://www.aero-model.com/3DHS-Extra...7-Red-ARF.aspx
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.