SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2009, 07:16 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
I used to fly 72... channel 27 to be exact . My conversion into 2.4 was not complete yet .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:18 PM
ModemMisuser
Lafayette, IN
Joined Dec 2007
1,095 Posts
Is there anything I should be aware of/watch out for with the assembly of this bird? I watched IPSMotors' videos; seems pretty easy/straightforward.
Jon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Jon Craig
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:43 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Nope, typical 3DHS Shake-the-box-out-comes-the-plane typical build .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:54 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
Nope, typical 3DHS Shake-the-box-out-comes-the-plane typical build .
Don't add water.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:28 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Craig View Post
Is there anything I should be aware of/watch out for with the assembly of this bird?
Set the CG, controls and expo up exactly like the instructions say.

Quote:
I watched IPSMotors' videos; seems pretty easy/straightforward.
Those videos have helped a lot of guys out. I'm definately going to watch his Slick build videos before I start mine.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:32 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Craig View Post
Is there anything I should be aware of/watch out for with the assembly of this bird? I watched IPSMotors' videos; seems pretty easy/straightforward.
Take your time with the big decals on the wings if you decide to use them. It really is a two-person job to correctly place them. Other than that, have fun. It literally falls together. That's been a goal of ours - to make sure that assembly is as straight forward and low drama as possible.

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Oct 30, 2009, 04:35 AM
ModemMisuser
Lafayette, IN
Joined Dec 2007
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx View Post
Take your time with the big decals on the wings if you decide to use them. It really is a two-person job to correctly place them.
That sounds like a good tip! I'll definitely enlist help if I decide to use them. I'll have to see what they look like. I might also be ordering some from ADC or having a friend cut custom for me. Not sure yet!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 07:15 AM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2004
864 Posts
Sorry to jump in again... still trying to decide between this and the MX...

How much flight time difference would there be between the two models on similar packs and a similar flying style?

If average watts corresponds directly to weight, and average watts are 93/min (2 AH drawn over a 6 minute flight on a 4.75 lbs plane), then the MX would give me 7.5 minutes (2Ah on a 3.75 lbs plane)... dunno if this math really works though.

Also, I wrote PA and the 51" measurement does include the spinner, so it is a full 6" shorter than the 300CS.

Not trying to start a war... this is just the only way I have to decide.
Sillyness is offline Find More Posts by Sillyness
Old Oct 30, 2009, 07:23 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness View Post

How much flight time difference would there be between the two models on similar packs and a similar flying style?

If average watts corresponds directly to weight, and average watts are 93/min (2 AH drawn over a 6 minute flight on a 4.75 lbs plane), then the MX would give me 7.5 minutes (2Ah on a 3.75 lbs plane)... dunno if this math really works though.

Also, I wrote PA and the 51" measurement does include the spinner, so it is a full 6" shorter than the 300CS.

which one do you like the looks of better?
the mx is a great plane,the sc is a great plane.youll be happy with either.it always depends on what batteries you use and throttle management you fly with as far as air time.and as you said,the sc is a bit bigger,do you like this fact or does the length of plane not matter to ya?
i say got the one you like the looks of the best.either way youll be happy
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 30, 2009, 07:25 AM
ModemMisuser
Lafayette, IN
Joined Dec 2007
1,095 Posts
I was faced with the same decision this week: MX or 330SC. My 330SC is in the UPS system on it's way to me.

Why? Well, looks. Design. And the 3DHS name/reputation and community.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:30 AM
Fear is the mind killer
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Dec 2008
1,245 Posts
Quote:

5" more on planes these size mean a difference in lbs.
The longer fuse (and extra 1.5lbs) of the SC makes it super stable and track like no other.
57" SC BLOWS THAT PA CRAPO ouddathwata.
BustedBlades is offline Find More Posts by BustedBlades
Last edited by BustedBlades; Oct 30, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:38 AM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
----
flyinhigh025 is offline Find More Posts by flyinhigh025
Last edited by flyinhigh025; Oct 30, 2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Changed my mind...
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:49 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,471 Posts
Quote:
Wow, you really think your plane purchases through!!!!

I admit that I mostly just look at the pretty colors.
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 09:01 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:

Both planes, for all intents and purposes, use the same power system. Both have weight and room to spare to take heavier packs to extend duration. Both planes can poke around with very little throttle.

There are other more definitive ways to decide... which do you like the look of more? in the videos, are there any maneuvers or flying styles that are catching your eye?... for all the banfoyisms from either side, I don't think there's a wrong answer.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Oct 30, 2009, 09:08 AM
Long Island, NY
Joined Mar 2006
944 Posts
Mr. The KM,
Not to split hairs but isn't it a naked kitty over the Vyper now?
Scott
Scooter0509 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter0509