HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:41 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Got some vinyl for my 57. Thanks to Nick @ nachoscheese for a sweet package for my 6S setup. Since 3DHS is pretty much the cream of the crop and the 6S setup is pretty fast I thought some cadillac V series graphics would be sweet!
Had a great time flying this week on vacation with losifanatic, highly recommend taking planes on vacation

That is awesome!
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:21 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
57 SC Back In Operation!

Got both my Motrolfly motors back from Ken in the mail today. Was gone most of the day, but got the 3625-800 mounted up tonight and got to fly 4 packs through it. Made another thrustline tweak and not it is nailed as best I can tell from flying different tests. It is hovering awesome now and hardly have to work at it. Was drifting along sideways in a light air, full length of the parking lot standing it straight up the entire way.

Motor sounds real smooth and is very fast on a 14x7 APC Clone. Flew some of the lowest Inverteds I've ever done in balsa. Was just like on the sim, coming straight in at myself from across the field. Then started to fast outside KE and doing 1.5 Snaps to the Inside KE. Fun and looks and sounds cool.

Glad to have her back operational again! Sweet sweet plane!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:38 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Got both my Motrolfly motors back from Ken in the mail today. Was gone most of the day, but got the 3625-800 mounted up tonight and got to fly 4 packs through it. Made another thrustline tweak and not it is nailed as best I can tell from flying different tests. It is hovering awesome now and hardly have to work at it. Was drifting along sideways in a light air, full length of the parking lot standing it straight up the entire way.

Motor sounds real smooth and is very fast on a 14x7 APC Clone. Flew some of the lowest Inverteds I've ever done in balsa. Was just like on the sim, coming straight in at myself from across the field. Then started to fast outside KE and doing 1.5 Snaps to the Inside KE. Fun and looks and sounds cool.

Glad to have her back operational again! Sweet sweet plane!
Glad to hear you have it back together...but no "dead stick harriers"???

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:44 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Glad to hear you have it back together...but no "dead stick harriers"???

SteveT
Nope, was going to fast for Harriers tonight! Got some new 2.5" dubro treaded super lite wheels on it now. Looks more scale with the pants off. Going to see if I can open up the pants a little or see if they fit as is over them.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:33 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
This baby is Dialed In now! Only thing I want to change is the prop to get rid of the heavy cavitation during Hovers on these nylon practice props. Got a Xoar 15x6 for Grass Fields, thinking about getting a couple 14x7 Xoars for general flying at the parking lots. 1" shorter will give me some ground clearance on the blacktop, less chance of nicking up.

Got 4 packs flown just an hour ago and did the longest hovers ever with this plane and the lowest, even doing slow tail slides with it to get it down lower after Walling into Hovers. Really smooth and locking in now, easy to move around and back up, drift sideways, whatever. Still gradually moving the packs back 1/4" at a time, since it seems it is a little more nose heavy after the repairs, extra gluing on the magnets.

It's flying great though and lots of fun, instills lots of confidence now down low. The 14x7 Nylon prop is really fast! It's really fun too, but almost too fast for the confines of the parking lots, so hoping to slow it down a bit with a Xoar. The 15x6 does that for me but too easy to chip on the blacktop. Maybe I'll see if they make a 14x6, help tame my Motrolfly Power.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:05 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jun 2009
153 Posts
Hi guys,

I'd like to share a video that someone took at the field on Sunday.

It's a full unedited flight, and I apologize for the micro helicopter talk... But Its got a few really low passes and hopefully worth posting.

This is a heavy setup
Torque 4014T 570 with 5s 3700 Rhinos

Thundervolts Field Electric 3D Flying by Brian MVI_7422.AVI (5 min 12 sec)
TyeeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TyeeFlyer
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:49 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Mad Skillz! Sweet Flying!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:57 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
+1 excellent flying.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
wow, very fun to watch - nice job
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:28 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
wow, very fun to watch - nice job
You getting the 57 read dave????
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:34 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Awesome flight .. super smooth...

I wish I had the ability to filter out a flight like that and talk about Horizon Hobby helicopters ....

sadly I would only be able to gaze upon that cool extra flight and admire
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:35 PM
Joined Jun 2009
153 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm really glad you like the videos, sorry for all the micro helicopter talk. The videos were captured and uploaded by a field visitor, so I have no control over the volume.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:37 PM
Joined Jun 2009
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Awesome flight .. super smooth...

I wish I had the ability to filter out a flight like that and talk about Horizon Hobby helicopters ....

sadly I would only be able to gaze upon that cool extra flight and admire
Ha, I wasn't part of that conversation. At one point you hear me call out to the guy blabbering to have him come watch the low KE pass.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:47 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
You getting the 57 read dave????
Well based upon the flight I saw you have on Friday, NO!
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:08 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
Well based upon the flight I saw you have on Friday, NO!
After flying the 57 more today, you really need to get that thing flying! Just seems to instill sooo much confidence in what you are doing. Run that thing on 4s get the wight down and make it floaty and you will love it!
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89