Originally Posted by aronph View Post
wish i had that talent....
+1 on that
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
Or just wish to have the talent to not need that talent.
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old May 30, 2011, 09:26 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFflyer View Post
I have to second that for sure. I dont ever want to need to have that talent
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old May 30, 2011, 09:47 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Nice Work!!! Looks Sharp!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old May 30, 2011, 10:01 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Hot and windy afternoon vid of the 57 SC. I was so upset. Flew the 41 Edge and got vid with the Helmet Cam. Rigged up again for the Extra. Hit the button once to activate cam from sleep mode. It was on top my helmet still cause I didn't want to realign.

Flew a hard flight on the SC, throwing everything I could think of to these song tracs from my emo player into headphones. I looked like Special Forces with all that gear on my head! Landed smoothly even in the crosswind and pulled the helmet off to view it. I had 30 sec. of the plane sitting on the ground before takeoff. Then a second movie of it on the ground after the flight with me taking the canopy off and removing the pack. Missed the Entire Flight! When I hit the button to wake it up it started recording, I never heard it beep but did hear the beep when I thought I was pushing again to start recording. That turned it off.

I was so mad, first that I couldn't talk my daughter into coming along for real videoing and then because I just missed one of my best flights ever when (I thought) a camera was running. So I feel like this vid was only 75% of the stuff I did on that first flight. I was already too hot and tired to have the same intensity. The first flight had a KE Spin in it close in and real rollers mixed in. The wind was much lower and steady on the first one. Figures! Next time she is going!

http://www.vimeo.com/24438578
Old May 30, 2011, 10:06 PM
Suffolk, VA
Joined Nov 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Hot and windy afternoon vid of the 57 SC. I was so upset. Flew the 41 Edge and got vid with the Helmet Cam. Rigged up again for the Extra. Hit the button once to activate cam from sleep mode. It was on top my helmet still cause I didn't want to realign.

Flew a hard flight on the SC, throwing everything I could think of to these song tracs from my emo player into headphones. I looked like Special Forces with all that gear on my head! Landed smoothly even in the crosswind and pulled the helmet off to view it. I had 30 sec. of the plane sitting on the ground before takeoff. Then a second movie of it on the ground after the flight with me taking the canopy off and removing the pack. Missed the Entire Flight! When I hit the button to wake it up it started recording, I never heard it beep but did hear the beep when I thought I was pushing again to start recording. That turned it off.

I was so mad, first that I couldn't talk my daughter into coming along for real videoing and then because I just missed one of my best flights ever when (I thought) a camera was running. So I feel like this vid was only 75% of the stuff I did on that first flight. I was already too hot and tired to have the same intensity. The first flight had a KE Spin in it close in and real rollers mixed in. The wind was much lower and steady on the first one. Figures! Next time she is going!

http://www.vimeo.com/24438578
Thats a tight space to fly. Nice flying way to keep it low.
3DBobz is offline Find More Posts by 3DBobz
Old May 30, 2011, 10:08 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBobz View Post
Thats a tight space to fly. Nice flying way to keep it low.
Yea, I have issues when I go out to real flying fields then. Throws me off, all the open area with no borders.

First Fun-Fly this Saturday, hope the weather is good, going to start checking it twice daily now for the countdown, got another one local next weekend too.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:27 PM
Salem, Oregon
Joined Dec 2008
125 Posts
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

I wish I had the mad flying skills I see demonstated here, maybe someday.

I have to agree with this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFflyer View Post
Dusey52 is offline Find More Posts by Dusey52
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:15 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Got to fly another three packs last night. Doing some tuning on thrustlines. Since the rooftop crash and rebuild last Fall, seems I have a tad too much down and not enough right. Added one washer on the bottom right corner before flying, then flew uplines checking how it pulled.

Looks like I need a hair more up and right, so adding more tonight to the other two bolts, so only the top left (looking from the front) will be without. Definitely was able to hover it better, lower and longer after that one tweak, had to make a slight change in KE mix to compensate for new angles. I think this change tonight is going to be spot on. We'll see....
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:22 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,184 Posts
Quote:
Got to fly another three packs last night. Doing some tuning on thrustlines. Since the rooftop crash and rebuild last Fall, seems I have a tad too much down and not enough right. Added one washer on the bottom right corner before flying, then flew uplines checking how it pulled.

Looks like I need a hair more up and right, so adding more tonight to the other two bolts, so only the top left (looking from the front) will be without. Definitely was able to hover it better, lower and longer after that one tweak, had to make a slight change in KE mix to compensate for new angles. I think this change tonight is going to be spot on. We'll see....
Is that bottom right as facing the plane??? If not, then you are going the wrong way if you need right thrust. I am sure you know this, and mean as facing the plane, ...but just in case....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:40 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Is that bottom right as facing the plane??? If not, then you are going the wrong way if you need right thrust. I am sure you know this, and mean as facing the plane, ...but just in case....

SteveT
Yes, looking at it from the Business End.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,184 Posts
Quote:
Yes, looking at it from the Business End.
Hotay... Just wanted to make sure....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 02, 2011, 03:41 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Fourth 4S 4000 20C Flitemax delivered USPS this afternoon!

For once a pack I needed before a Fly-In came before the event!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:34 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Flight tested the new Flitemax 4S 4000 20C tonight, held up well on the first flight. Ran it past the limit an still had 15v in it.

Got my Thrustlines all tuned in now and it was Locking into Hovers like I have never seen it do! I even took my hand off the right stick. It just hung there drifting downwind in the 6-8mph northerly breeze. Now when I tried to tail slide it from 18 feet I had to work harder and faster. But no more need to keep the Up Elevator hauled in to hold the hover and no more falling off to the left and running out of rudder. It was like hovering a big 42 Slick.

I tried everything else I knew how to fly and it was smooth as silk! Just seemed to flow from maneuver to maneuver. All I have to do is add 1% Down Elevator to the Rt to Lt KE Mix and maybe 1% Rt Aileron for that Mix. The rest is all dialed in. Glide slope was really nice too, no popping up in the wind. I added one click of down for landing approach. Flew it down on low idle up.

Can't wait to take this out Saturday to the FunFly at a Real Field again and open it up! Looking at the Earth map, looks like a really nice open field without obstacles around.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:54 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Six flights on the SC at the FunFly yesterday and another four flights tonight at the JVS! Sure glad I got that 4th 4S 4000 pack now. Three packs for one outing just wasn't enough!

By the 4th pack was working on sustained Rollers and steering around. Hovers are really locking in now with my thrustline adjustments. Was walking it down the blacktop. Feels and sounds good!