Old May 28, 2011, 06:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Only in Dollars.....
Yeah I know that one....just spent over $2400.00 on my wife's car. I think that would have bought me a fully decked out 87" or 89" plane.... but gotta do something for the wife "once in a while"....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 28, 2011, 06:05 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Here's my 71 Slick....

Includes 2 year Warranty and Professional Installation, since we will have issues mounting this one. I got the old one out by myself, but the install will be a two man job and some rigging to hit the studs in the wall. We also had to buy a porch chain kit so that was some of my 71 Slick too.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old May 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,150 Posts
Quote:
Here's my 71 Slick....

Includes 2 year Warranty and Professional Installation, since we will have issues mounting this one. I got the old one out by myself, but the install will be a two man job and some rigging to hit the studs in the wall. We also had to buy a porch chain kit so that was some of my 71 Slick too.
so are you running 6S or 8S?!
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old May 28, 2011, 06:43 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,096 Posts
At 120 volt that would be about 24S... with an inverter for AC

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post

SteveT
so he is gonna need like a 5kv motor?
Old May 28, 2011, 07:08 PM
CHOO CHOO
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post

SteveT
And a really long extension cord.
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Old May 28, 2011, 08:55 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Second session today

I'm glad you enjoyed my 71 Slick purchase....

Just got back from three more flights on the Edge and two on the 57 SC. Was fairly calm and got calmer as time went by before sunset, which we couldn't see at all, lots of grey overcast at mid levels. Nice and cool out, felt good after today in the 80's.

Huck was flying good tonight, got down with some lower Inverted Harriers coming in from the field straight at me and easing up into hovers, just for practice. Lots of low and slow KE passes, some wild tumbling and hit some Pop Tops! Just been playing with inputs on vertical tumbles, changing timing of aileron and rudder entrance to see the effects. Fun stuff! Looks cool, especially coming out inverted and flying down and out that way or out in KE.

Started getting the Roller feel back tonight, was using too much throttle last night and on my first outing today. Did better slowing the roll down with way less throttle tonight on the Edge.

Got a continuous slow roller streak for almost two minutes on the 57 SC. Partial rolling circle and then went off the other way and flew in a straight line for awhile until I ran out of room. These were all at safe altitude, 100ft, above light poles with margin.

Xoar 15x6 was Awesome!!! Slowed the plane down a bit more and in 3D mode it was great! That is the slowest HAKE or KE I have ever flown with it! (not sayin HAKE is 3D, don't want Ben breaking any more things)..... Tumbles were like in Slo-Mo compared to the wilder side on a 14x7 using the speed. Slower on top speed too. Prop is very quiet, loved it! Just got to relearn handling it in Hovers now, little different feel. I think the prop also gave me the magic for the Rollers tonight. What I needed to get over the hump with them. Just slowing the plane down a tad more did it for me. Helps old guys with timing.

Pretty good night after a long day of flying/charging, running around and repeating. Recharging now for any future holiday weekend opportunities.
Last edited by heritageflyer; May 29, 2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old May 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,150 Posts
Quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed my 71 Slick purchase....

Just got back from three more flights on the Edge and two on the 57 SC. Was fairly calm and got calmer as time went by before sunset, which we couldn't see at all, lots of grey overcast at mid levels. Nice and cool out, felt good after today in the 80's.

Huck was flying good tonight, got down with some lower Inverted Harriers coming in from the field straight at me and easing up into hovers, just for practice. Lots of low and slow KE passes, some wild tumbling and hit some Pop Tops! Just been playing with inputs on vertical tumbles, changing timing of aileron and rudder entrance to see the effects. Fun stuff! Looks cool, especially coming out inverted and flying down and out that way or out in KE.

Started getting the Roller feel back tonight, was using too much throttle last night and on my first outing today. Did better slowing the roll down with way less throttle tonight on the Edge.

Got a continuous slow roller streak for almost two minutes on the 57 SC. Partial rolling circle and then went off the other way and flew in a straight line for awhile until I ran out of room. These were all at safe altitude, 100ft above light poles with margin.

Xoar 15x6 was Awesome!!! Slowed the plane down a bit more and in 3D mode it was great! That is the slowest HAKE or KE I have ever flown with it! (not sayin HAKE is 3D, don't want Ben breaking any more things)..... Tumbles were like in Slo-Mo compared to the wilder side on a 14x7 using the speed. Slower on top speed too. Prop is very quiet, loved it! Just got to relearn handling it in Hovers now, little different feel. I think the prop also gave me the magic for the Rollers tonight. What I needed to get over the hump with them. Just slowing the plane down a tad more did it for me. Helps old guys with timing.

Pretty good night after a long day of flying/charging, running around and repeating. Recharging now for any future holiday weekend opportunities.
sounds like we need to send a camera crew over your way
Old May 29, 2011, 12:39 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I should be able to drag the daughter out again soon for vid.

Couldn't drag her out for vid. Good thing, I was way off tonight, totally opposite of last night.
Last edited by heritageflyer; May 30, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:37 PM
Salem, Oregon
Joined Dec 2008
125 Posts
Back in business!

Before; broken motor box, shattered canopy, broken turtle deck & rudder (the result of a mid-air).

After; good as new (almost).

Now if the weather would just cooperate
Dusey52 is offline Find More Posts by Dusey52
Old May 30, 2011, 01:44 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,096 Posts
Great job Dusey!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2011, 05:39 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
nice work!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2011, 08:04 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA