HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:00 AM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Coo.

That gear will work well in the 55" Edge as well. I think the Edge is a tad shorter, which means balancing it will be easier with the 4S 2500 packs.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:21 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
GP, if you don't mind looking a little funny, you can space your motor a tad up front, and then the pack will fit in the front of the motor box. That's what I did with my GR 45 and 4S 2500 packs.

Or just add an oz / two at the nose and you're still going to be ahead in the weight department.
Adding an ounce or two isn't a big deal. I was thinking it would be a lot more than that.

I do like the Edge too. I'll have to look into that.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:58 PM
Fear is the mind killer
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Dec 2008
1,245 Posts
I am finally starting to get rollers down. It took some time on the sim and a few more packs on the SC, but I think I am getting it. I still can't do them on the Velox and the 42 slick- I think I have the roll rate too high on high rates and smaller planes feel twitchy now. Bigger planes rock for control and smoothness. I don't think I want anything under 50" anymore. been spoiled by the SC.

Hebert
BustedBlades is offline Find More Posts by BustedBlades
Old Oct 28, 2009, 02:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedBlades View Post
I am finally starting to get rollers down. It took some time on the sim and a few more packs on the SC, but I think I am getting it. I still can't do them on the Velox and the 42 slick- I think I have the roll rate too high on high rates and smaller planes feel twitchy now. Bigger planes rock for control and smoothness. I don't think I want anything under 50" anymore. been spoiled by the SC.

Hebert
...plus, the SC is as close as you'll get to the simulator feel without getting a stupidly huge aeroplane (the 103" version is very sim-like for example ). Its similarity to the GS planes in the sim for how it reacts in snaps, spins and rolls is quite spooky.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:14 PM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
...plus, the SC is as close as you'll get to the simulator feel without getting a stupidly huge aeroplane (the 103" version is very sim-like for example ). Its similarity to the GS planes in the sim for how it reacts in snaps, spins and rolls is quite spooky.
Agreed. I have to admit I own several 3DHS Planes and of them all this is by far my 'best flying plane' (the 'favorite plane' category is still tough to decide because of other size factors and price factors)!

I got 4 more flights on this plane yesterday (total about 10) and it was impressing lots of people at the field. Several of them saw it from afar and thought it was a 50CC plane because it presents so well in the air and looks large.

This is a fantastic flying airplane that is great at flying 'angry flying' (as Ben calls it) but somehow has a great skill for smooth and decent precision flying as well. This plane is going to be a huge hit as more people start getting their hands on this one because it flies so incredibly well. I couldn't agree more that this is the closest plane I've ever owned to feeling very 'sim-like' as described above!!
mattk0 is offline Find More Posts by mattk0
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:30 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Snaps?... snaps are sick with the SC. Forgive me for waxing lyrical, but they happen with energy and a grace I haven't flown with a plane before. You can stop them like any good snapping plane, but while ever you have the inputs there the plane just keeps hanging on, and you can continue the snap or stop it, or change it; change the rudder direction and it'll boot the tail out and maintain the energy of the tumble and end up waterfalling. The basic appearance of the snap is just gorgeous.

Here's my last vid, there's a snap and changeups in there somewhere...

http://vimeo.com/7070335

...when it comes to snaps and anything rolling, this plane is excellent.
Excellent flying Arron!!! So you like it then?
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx View Post
Excellent flying Arron!!! So you like it then?
Thanks! the SC is the ducks nuts

...I got a couple more packs for it, two is not enough per session
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:49 PM
Scott Stoops
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! the SC is the ducks nuts
I presume that's like the bee's knees or cat's pajamas just slightly more vulgar? Don't you know that might get you a warning? Livin' on the edge...
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx View Post
I presume that's like the bee's knees or cat's pajamas just slightly more vulgar? Don't you know that might get you a warning? Livin' on the edge...
yuppers. I drew up a "ducks nuts" logo a while back... I need to get it cut in vinyl, put it on planes I highly approve of
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:07 PM
Scott Stoops
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Love it! Big clanging brass ones!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:15 PM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,093 Posts
Don't remember if I posted these pics, but these may be my last of the flying season unfortunately with the sun now down at 4:30 next week (don't forget DST!) and the cold/windy fall... ;-(

Still some great SC flying and as I mentioned a few posts back this is easily my "best flying plane" of my fleet right now. I'm loving it!

Amazingly, it's handles the 4s 2200 (x2) weight excellently and the difference between the Rhino 4s 3700 and 4s 2200 (x2) is pretty minor IMO surprisingly. Obviously I notice a bit lighter and more power with the Rhino 3700 but nothing significant, and being I have a bunch of 4s 2200's, I'm going to keep flying them proudly with my Motrolfly 3625-800 setup!
mattk0 is offline Find More Posts by mattk0
Old Oct 29, 2009, 04:47 AM
ModemMisuser
Lafayette, IN
Joined Dec 2007
1,095 Posts
Thanks to really good deals from Hypersprint and blakevan, I've got the power system for my 330SC-to-be on the way to me... Muahahaha. Now to find servos and the rest - and of course, order the plane itself!
Jon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Jon Craig
Old Oct 29, 2009, 07:57 AM
Fear is the mind killer
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Dec 2008
1,245 Posts
ducks nuts, ay...
BustedBlades is offline Find More Posts by BustedBlades
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:56 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
matt - Very nice pics, esp. the inverted shot low over the grass...colors and composition are very nice, IMO.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor