I am beginning to enjoy the 70" +/- class
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:19 PM
Triple boxed goodness!
United Kingdom, Doncaster
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
and just when my bank account was recovering.......
simon737 is offline Find More Posts by simon737
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:23 PM
currently 3D-Dabbler
Richmond, VA
Joined Aug 2009
177 Posts
Ben,

72" !!! I don't see that on the 3D hobby shop web site yet. When is that one expected to be available?

-Mike
SonyVegasUser is offline Find More Posts by SonyVegasUser
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:31 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Spring.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
currently 3D-Dabbler
Richmond, VA
Joined Aug 2009
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Spring.

WHOO HOOO. Spring is great timing for company bonuses. Now all we have to do is make it through the economic storm so that there is a bonus pool!

I think I might like that better than the 70" Slick or 68" Velox that I was eyeing.
SonyVegasUser is offline Find More Posts by SonyVegasUser
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Parrish, FL
Joined Apr 2008
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon737
72" 119"
YA Baby!

72" by SEFF ???????????????????????????????????

Simon, you could have one sent to me and I can have it together for you to fly at SEFF then you can sell it to me

Rob
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon737
and just when my bank account was recovering.......
Mine seems to be made of Rubber.
It Bounces back and forth...

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:50 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars
Do you still like the SHP better or has the SC grown on you know with more flights?

Carlo
Im warming up to it....got several more flights in this week and got the throws and CG to my liking now. Dont get me wrong ...its a great plane...I just have so many flights on the 55" that everything is second nature with that plane. I put the 55 up for sale because I can the 57" is going to get all the air time
GoldCraft is online now Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:46 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft
Im warming up to it....got several more flights in this week and got the throws and CG to my liking now. Dont get me wrong ...its a great plane...I just have so many flights on the 55" that everything is second nature with that plane. I put the 55 up for sale because I can the 57" is going to get all the air time
What is your set up for both planes?
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:06 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
What is your set up for both planes?
Yeah...the setup makes them feel more different than they would have. The 55" has a heavy setup with the 5 servos and the GR60 while the 57" has 4 servos and a GR45. Things seem to happen slower with the 57" if that makes sense. Not a necessarily a bad thing as transitions are smoother for me. I was also use to the SHP really falling on elevators where at the SC really hangs up there....not unexpected...just a different feel.
GoldCraft is online now Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:18 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Fear not Ben but I'm going to tune back to your channel for a second before resuming normally schedule programming.

Even in the competitors threads the 57" SC has been holding it's own. That in itself says a lot. Some have even come out and said they are flying the SC more and that it feels better and looks bigger in the air, it snaps and seems smoother in the air, etc.

I must admit reading the PA website and info about the MX has always had me thinking the MX at "20 oz" lighter (then what???) has got to be good. Well, there are a few people who own both the MX and the SC (same exact motor/esc/batteries) and say the difference is only about 8 oz. Quite a bit of difference between 8oz and 20+oz.

I'm quite aware the SC has a taller fuse and the MX is flattened compared to the SC. I would assume this will affect KE flight.

I must admit I never even gave fuse length a thought (yet) until you just made your post. The lights just came on! It's so obvious I want to smack myself for not even thinking about that. I like most people typically judge the size of a plane (incorrectly at first glance) by the length of the wing, 58x57. PA says the length is 51.83" versus the 57" SC fuse length. 5" more in fuse length and taller fuse just about cover the remaining 8oz difference in weight more or less.

Like you said they are really different classes size wise. So I'm now thinking about it differently. For a plane that is 5"+ longer and built square (length x width) with a substantally taller fuse to KE better with only "costs" me 8oz over a smaller sized plane not built as robust.

Speaking of dimensions 58x52 vs 57x57. Not hard to figure which is going to fly smoother based on this (all else being equal).

Carlo

PS what got me thinking about this in the first place is how much better the SC flys then the SHP because of the lower wing loading and weight. You then see another plane with even less weight and try and follow the less is more mentality only to find out the grass really isn't greener on the other side.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:28 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
72" SC

Damn got to wait to spring Well atleast I can save my pennies now so it's all paid for when available.

Man, this is what I've been waiting for. A 7x" SHP/SC Extra. The jump to 87" has been a killer as I can't easily transport now that I don't have the trailer anymore. The 7x" size planes are perfect for those of us with SUVs.

Now I just got to baby the 55" till spring!

This news just made my day/week/rest of month. Maybe I can get Santa to give me a " 72" SC IOU " for Christmas.

Carlo
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:42 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2004
864 Posts
The 3DHS dimension includes the spinner/prop etc... wonder if the MX dimension does the same or if it's just the cowl? If it does include the spinner, then yes... 10% is a HUGE difference!

I was just about to pull the trigger on an MX and now I don't know again... damn you guys!

What I'm looking for:
-Long flights
-Use of my 6S 2650-3000 mAh packs
-IMAC tracking w/ good snaps
-Awesome 3D

I ALMOST grabbed the MX, but you guys have me looking this way again. One of the things that caught my attention is the fact that I can't find any vids of the MX doing any precision snaps, etc... I also like the bigger fuse.

I'll likely pick up the MX motor/ESC for the SC since I keep hearing its sick and I need to use 6s.
Sillyness is offline Find More Posts by Sillyness
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Parrish, FL
Joined Apr 2008
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
The 3DHS dimension includes the spinner/prop etc... wonder if the MX dimension does the same or if it's just the cowl? If it does include the spinner, then yes... 10% is a HUGE difference!

I was just about to pull the trigger on an MX and now I don't know again... damn you guys!

What I'm looking for:
-Long flights
-Use of my 6S 2650-3000 mAh packs
-IMAC tracking w/ good snaps
-Awesome 3D

I ALMOST grabbed the MX, but you guys have me looking this way again. One of the things that caught my attention is the fact that I can't find any vids of the MX doing any precision snaps, etc... I also like the bigger fuse.

I'll likely pick up the MX motor/ESC for the SC since I keep hearing its sick and I need to use 6s.
What is the MX motor and ESC?
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:51 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Stevelmaa has mounted the thrust motor to the SC. He used the carbon Hacker mount we carry, I believe. I do not know the details, he has the info.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor