Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:57 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
Ooooooooooh, the rare and very colorfull 57"SC, indigonous to Texas. It must be mating season. Look look there's one there in the tree. Let's get it!

Very nice save guys. Just one question. Were you 3ding in the forest? How the hell did it get so deep in the Texas bush. lol.

Zeb
The 'forrest' was on the edge of 'our' soccer field and Ricky was doing a KE pass right above them. All we can figure is....he rolled out of KE and hit opposite rudder...causing it to snap.....and it got 'caressed' by the nice tree
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:05 AM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
Hey guys

Had some motor issues been out for a little while. Went out flying last night and dropped it from a hover on its wheels and everything survived fairly well except somehow i managed to break up the inside a little bit in a few places. didnt break a prop or anything but yet the motor box and in the front of the fuselage is broke.

Best to just use fast CA? Ive seen and heard of the accelerator...is it necessary or does it just make it dry and cure super fast? Thanks
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:08 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
Hey guys

Had some motor issues been out for a little while. Went out flying last night and dropped it from a hover on its wheels and everything survived fairly well except somehow i managed to break up the inside a little bit in a few places. didnt break a prop or anything but yet the motor box and in the front of the fuselage is broke.

Best to just use fast CA? Ive seen and heard of the accelerator...is it necessary or does it just make it dry and cure super fast? Thanks
accelerator just makes it cure faster. sometimes you need it to get parts to glue that do not want to stay together

depending on how bad it is just some ca or ca and popsicle sticks or balsa bits to strengthen areas (dont make it too heavy) or worst case a motor box kit from ben.

Mike
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:21 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
ky - For an interior fuselage repair, I highly recommend gorilla glue (the stuff that looks like honey in the bottle). Mixed with a tiny amount of water, it foams up as it dries to strengthen and lock together large volumes inside a fuse.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:22 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
Hey guys

Did you CA motor box area during the build ?

3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC Build Video #1 (6 min 8 sec)

Also, Kevin has done repair vids !!

3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC Motor Box Repair Video #1 (5 min 54 sec)

3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC Motor Box Repair Video #2 (5 min 4 sec)

3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC Motor Box Repair Video #3 (5 min 49 sec)
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
..and we have motor boxes if anyone needs them.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:54 AM
United States, FL, Port Charlotte
Joined Jan 2008
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
And they are well worth their weight in gold!
kwiktsi is offline Find More Posts by kwiktsi
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:41 AM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
thanks guys! ya its not to bad at all really. just some broken joints inside here and there.
I did follow the build videos and glued every joint I could find in that sucker when I built it but its never been in a real "crash" yet but has fallen from a hover a few times now so Im sure its boud to break a bit. Can I say one more time how much I like this plane???!!

-Kyle
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:03 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,176 Posts
No better way to put it all back when you have nothing but splinters. And strong..........

Quote:
ky - For an interior fuselage repair, I highly recommend gorilla glue (the stuff that looks like honey in the bottle). Mixed with a tiny amount of water, it foams up as it dries to strengthen and lock together large volumes inside a fuse.
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:37 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
had to order one Monday - should be here Thursday...yea baby
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
933 Posts
Same here, ordered two on Sunday though. I dont get so lucky as two just break a little. If she's going down, she gets it hard.

Zeb
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:51 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,807 Posts
Components are trickling in... Got the Motrolfly and ICE 100 Lite yesterday, expecting 225MG's tomorrow, packs sometime next week probably (bummer, was thinking I could be flying this weekend), AR500 by Thr-Fri.

I still haven't even taken it out of the box, storms have avoided the evenings so still flying nightly. If I get a rainout evening, then I'll start on it.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:04 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
AR500 by Thr-Fri.
Have fun setting up the mix if you want to run truly independent aileron servos. It's possible, but a headache. (If you have a DX7)
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:23 PM
Fear is the mind killer
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Dec 2008
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Have fun setting up the mix if you want to run truly independent aileron servos. It's possible, but a headache. (If you have a DX7)
huh?

I find it easy to set up dual ailerons on the DX7.

What is so hard?
BustedBlades is offline Find More Posts by BustedBlades
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:57 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
933 Posts
Super easy to program duel ailerons with DX7 . A couple clicks (2) down from the model select menu. Flapperon on, (duel ailerons).

Zeb
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck