HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:53 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
So I'm working on my 330sc now.
Anyone else go 6s 2200 packs on this yet?

I've bought a few 6s 2200's for the PA Extra MX and with the 550kv motor I am using for my 330SC, I'm going to use the same packs.

I'd prefer to let voltage do the work over amperage and both planes are very similar in size and weight.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
PA Extra MX

OOOOOOO....you said bad words, I don't like that company!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
OOOOOOO....you said bad words, I don't like that company!!

SteveT
LOL...But I had to have that 58" Extra MX with all the carbon fiber trimmings.
Got it in Red/black just like the Sbach.

cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:27 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
LOL...But I had to have that Extra MX with all the carbon fiber trimmings.
Got it in Red/black just like the Sbach.

My son and I just had some very bad experiences with the guy that runs P.A. USA.... broken airframes, rudders that had been glued, then shipped out as new, parts ordered that as it turned out, they listed on their web page, but had NEVER had in stock, etc......just a bad situation all around...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
Think I'm pulling the trigger.. ordering up a red SC..
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:51 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
I was on fire today

Well my 330 SC was anyway

Doesnt seem to be a good weekend for me. Friday my 6S battery ejected from my vyper in a tumble and today this.

Taking up the Extra for 'one more flight'. Hadnt flown her too hard or anything and suddenly i notice my motor cutting out. i cut the throttle and land deadstick (not my best deadstick landing either) and start to walk over to her on the field when i notice smoke coming out.

Never ran so fast before in my life i think.

As i get there the canopy is melting a little as well as the cowl. ripped off the canopy, battery looks fine, rip it out and throw it and i see a fire under the cowl. got the fire out.

The hacker speed controller was reduced to bits and pieces.

Wondering why of course.

Also thinking what i should replace it with. Another hacker or maybe an ICE

I am running a Reaper GR60. Looks like the motor is ok but will not know until i get a new speed controller of course.

Mike
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:52 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
Think I'm pulling the trigger.. ordering up a red SC..
You will LOVE IT!!!

I fly mine with a Reaper GR-60, and since I tend to push the throttle a bit, I use Flightmax 4s 4000mAH 40C packs.... seems to be a great combo, and the batteries are cheap.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:57 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post

Doesnt seem to be a good weekend for me. Friday my 6S battery ejected from my vyper in a tumble and today this.

Taking up the Extra for 'one more flight'. Hadnt flown her too hard or anything and suddenly i notice my motor cutting out. i cut the throttle and land deadstick (not my best deadstick landing either) and start to walk over to her on the field when i notice smoke coming out.

As i get there the canopy is melting a little as well as the cowl. ripped off the canopy, battery looks fine, rip it out and throw it and i see a fire under the cowl. got the fire out.

Wondering why of course.

I am running a Reaper GR60. Looks like the motor is ok but will not know until i get a new speed controller of course.

Mike
OUCHY!!!!

Is the motor box okay??? looks a little charred...and I see one cross piece that appears burnt through...

Go with the ICE.... I have some 55amp Hackers and use them and also one 70 amp, but the only ones I buy now are Castle, unless the ESC comes in a bundle with plane and motor. I just bought an Extreme Flight Edge 540 EXP combo, and an "Air Boss" came with that, but the deal was just one I couldn't pass up.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:08 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
OUCHY!!!!

Is the motor box okay??? looks a little charred...and I see one cross piece that appears burnt through...

Go with the ICE.... I have some 55amp Hackers and use them and also one 70 amp, but the only ones I buy now are Castle, unless the ESC comes in a bundle with plane and motor. I just bought an Extreme Flight Edge 540 EXP combo, and an "Air Boss" came with that, but the deal was just one I couldn't pass up.

SteveT
Well the landing was a little hard so the motor mount plate is busted and i will probably change the top and right side of the motor box as well.

This was a 70 Hacker and only had 20 flights or so on it and i am not sure what i should go with it now. Guess i could go with an ICE 75 or an ICE 100. Difference is 16 bucks or so and weight seems to be the same.

Mike
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post

Wondering why of course.

Mike
Absolutely amazing the BEC kept working. Theree is nothing left of that thing!
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,636 Posts
Why not use a CC Phoenix 80?
I use two of them, one in the 57" SC on a Scorp. 3026, and one in my 58" EF extra on a Reaper 60. They work great, never get hot, and are light.
ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:42 PM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
My red SC is finally on its way!
+1 for the CC phoenix 80 thats what Im going to use and decided on the 3026-710.

Anyone have 1 extra 225MG laying around they want to sell? ha I just need one!
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:37 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
My red SC is finally on its way!
+1 for the CC phoenix 80 thats what Im going to use and decided on the 3026-710.

Anyone have 1 extra 225MG laying around they want to sell? ha I just need one!
I have 3 bad ones
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
Old Apr 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,029 Posts
I learned a few things today.
1st lesson don't fly right after a bad aurgument with the wife.
2nd don't bail out of a high focus maneuver at low altatude.
3rd don't mix those two lessons with tight high stress flying locations.
If I would have just used common sense and some forethought I wouldn't have almost snapped the nose off at the bulkhead.
The ultracote didn't rip and probably kept the cowling and innards from flying off.Question how do I fix this and can I keep from pulling off cover? Motor box has not a crack landing gear plate started to seperate but barely from fuse and bulkhead is cracked and broke all over. I would normally just popcycle scab and ca or epoxy the cracks and breaks but this system can kick over 1400watts. Hopefully new motor box can fix without pulling cover. Oh and I can't put up pics because well I lame .
Zeb
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Last edited by tuck; Apr 25, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
I learned a few things today.
1st lesson don't fly right after a bad aurgument with the wife.
2nd don't bail out of a high focus maneuver at low altatude.
3rd don't mix those two lessons with tight high stress flying locations.
If I would have just used common sense and some forethought I wouldn't have almost snapped the nose off at the bulkheads.
The ultracote didn't rip and probably kept the cowling and innards from flying off.Question how do I fix this and can I keep from pulling off cover? Motor box has not a crack landing gear plate started to seperate but barely from fuse and bulkheads are cracked and broke all over. I would normally just popcycle scab and ca or epoxy the cracks and breaks but this system can kick over 1400watts. Hopefully new motor box can fix without pulling cover. Oh and I can't put up pics because well I lame .
Zeb
Well......They say that flying is supposed to be a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to relax you, but some times, it just doesn't work out. Next time....take out frustrations with a foamy my friend...

Sorry to hear about your plane.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member