HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2010, 01:02 AM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,635 Posts
Hey G.P., you hitting up any local (Alberta) R/C events this year?
ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2010, 01:25 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnlh View Post
Hey G.P., you hitting up any local (Alberta) R/C events this year?
I don't think so. I just got the work schedule and it looks like I'm only getting three whole weekends off during our four non-winter months. Of course my wife already has those booked up and planned since they are a precious commodity this year.

To add to it I just got news that we may be losing our rc field since someone crashed a model through the wing of one of the full sized aircraft that use the runway as well. Sounds like MAAC may not be willing to cover us after that. I have a farmers field just down the block with a small area that I can harrier land in. Guess everything that isn't a 3DHS airframe may have to go since nothing else seems to hold up to constant harrier landings. My pylon ship will definately have to go since I need about 5000ft of runway to land it!

Even if we do keep the field they are talking about making all kinds of lame rules now. Stuff like any time that you "crash", no matter what the reason, you have to go through the wings program before you are allowed to fly solo again. Even if I drop my epp foamy out of a hover I'll be uncertified until an instructor is present to re-test me. Pretty lame just because some people can't fly a pattern without crossing the flight line. Looks like it'll be a lonely summer flying by myself!

So what are some good excuses to give the wife for us needing a family vacation in Medicine Hat?

Rob: When do you expect these in? You gotta give me dibs on any blue ones that you may have to put in the "damage discount" bin. The wife doesn't seem to mind as much if I'm getting a "deal".
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Feb 07, 2010, 09:33 AM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
933 Posts
Hey you guys are great. TEXAS FLYER.. I'll deffinatly try it out the slick fits with an inch or so from each wing in my pathfinder,I'm justnot to hopefull..

GP,
Sorry to hear about your club,
that is a good idea and reguardless of if I even have to take the wings of I'll use you'r idea.....................seems to address a couple of issues.........
Zeb
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Feb 07, 2010, 09:50 AM
Citizen #96
NE Denver, CO
Joined Sep 2007
713 Posts
edit
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Last edited by Steve Graham; Feb 07, 2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Correction
Old Feb 07, 2010, 11:17 AM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Even if we do keep the field they are talking about making all kinds of lame rules now. Stuff like any time that you "crash", no matter what the reason, you have to go through the wings program before you are allowed to fly solo again. Even if I drop my epp foamy out of a hover I'll be uncertified until an instructor is present to re-test me. Pretty lame just because some people can't fly a pattern without crossing the flight line.
Might as well just give up the field right now then, because the real pilots won't put up with that. Unreal.

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Feb 07, 2010, 12:30 PM
TEAM CANUCKER HUCKER
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Sep 2003
1,635 Posts
That sucks G.P., you'll have to move down here.
As far as a reason to vacation down here, you could come during the stampede (last week of July), go camping in the Cypress Hills, tour the beautiful parks, and don't forget, come fly at our field!!

Good idea Ben, message edited.
ssflylow is offline Find More Posts by ssflylow
Last edited by ssflylow; Feb 07, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2010, 12:34 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
PM's are a great way to work out any misundertsandings.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2010, 01:47 AM
Joined Jan 2010
12 Posts
hey guys,
here is a video of my extra 330sc on glow. It was my second attempt at a video edit. I definately need a better camera
Kelvin flying video 2.wmv (8 min 25 sec)
kwboost is offline Find More Posts by kwboost
Old Feb 08, 2010, 02:01 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
kw- Great job! I was wondering when somebody was gonna use Ludacris in a 3D video - perfect song!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2010, 02:06 AM
Joined Jan 2010
12 Posts
yeah i thought it fit real nice with the 3dhs "fly low" motto!
Old Feb 08, 2010, 08:08 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,682 Posts
Haha thats funny, I just downloaded that song to fly to. Great job KW
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Feb 08, 2010, 08:15 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,455 Posts
The dual Vyper projects have taken up so much time I haven't gotten much time on my other planes, but I did get to run four packs through my SC last Wednesday afternoon. I really love this plane and I hope to get a lot of flights on it when we get caught up.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:38 AM
Joined Jan 2010
12 Posts
Thanks!! i must say, Ben was right on the spot when he told me what to expect with this 330sc. my extreme flight extra flies excellent, but the 3dhs is even better for my taste
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:57 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
sweet video kwboost..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 08, 2010, 12:12 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,743 Posts
If anyone is looking for a good deal on a RTF SC (less RX and battery) let me know via PM. I have RWB scheme in like new condition for $500 ...no shipping though. SEFF pickup possible .PM if interested.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft