SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2010, 11:06 AM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
I'm switching everything over to EC3's for 12AWG or less. Rated for 60A, easy to pull apart and super easy to solder. EC5's the 10AWG stuff.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:02 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Feb 2007
196 Posts
I can't get the shipping estimate function to work. Can someone try it and tell me what it would be to do UPS ground to 77845 for the 57" SC?
colo_aggie is offline Find More Posts by colo_aggie
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:02 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
About $18
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:06 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,006 Posts
Guys.. What are the options for wing servo quick disconnect? transportation and storage
I am hoping for a product readil available, easy to connect and disconnect, yet durable to withstand years of service....
Once again thank you guys for the help.
Zeb
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:11 PM
Eastern, NC
Joined Dec 2007
689 Posts
I use short 6" servo extensions from the receiver, that allows quick disconnect from aileron servos and the extensions. that way you arent constantly plugging/unplugging fron the receiver port. Been doing it that way for as long as I can remember. no issues yet.
M Carr is online now Find More Posts by M Carr
Last edited by M Carr; Feb 06, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:21 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
+1. I tie a short extension to the servo wire with 30lb braided fishing line. If you're not doing any spoileron/flaperon mixing then you can use one of those snap on keeper doohickies on one side of a y-harness.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Feb 06, 2010, 04:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn View Post
+1. I tie a short extension to the servo wire with 30lb braided fishing line. If you're not doing any spoileron/flaperon mixing then you can use one of those snap on keeper doohickies on one side of a y-harness.

kendall
The ones from "Sonic-Tronics" are better, they don't bend/stress the wires...

http://www.mcdanielrc.com/xcart/home.php?cat=395&js=n

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 06, 2010, 04:19 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,006 Posts
thanks guys. I do have some servo clips that I orderd with one of 3dh planes then deemed extra wieght .So i'll try that with 2 two inch harness extentions thank you.Draknkep where do i find those sonics tronics????????
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Feb 06, 2010, 04:58 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,199 Posts
Ben (BluCore),

It was awesome meeting you out at the AZ EFest! Great discussion on wing to fuselage placement.... and the Red/White/Blue 57" Extra I purchased is absolutely stunning in the air ;-)

-Flyracer
flyracer is offline Find More Posts by flyracer
Old Feb 06, 2010, 06:04 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post

SteveT
+1.

I have used the type from RCDude and they might be OK for a permanent installation, but after about a season of connecting/disconnecting them the wire chafed and broke.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Feb 06, 2010, 07:35 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post

SteveT

Either directly from the website, or ask you local hobby shop to get them. They are made by Mcdaniel RC products, which is a division of Sonic-Tronics (maker of fuel pumps, and many other items....) 99.999% of all shops carry their products.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:45 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
I just got my Flightmax 40c 4000 Mah batts today He he he he. I just need some 225's MG's I'm getting close to tasting this wonderful Koolaid

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Feb 07, 2010, 12:24 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
I just got my Flightmax 40c 4000 Mah batts today He he he he. I just need some 225's MG's I'm getting close to tasting this wonderful Koolaid

Blessings,

Jay
I already bought three of them!! Should do the job!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2010, 01:23 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
Guys.. What are the options for wing servo quick disconnect? transportation and storage
Zeb
Zeb,

There's another option I found. I have a mid-sized SUV (Toyota Highlander) and found that with the seats down, I can just fit this plane into the back with the wings and SFGs on. I like to fly in the mornings on the way to work and this saves me 10-15 minutes in set-up/break-down time which basically means I can get in an extra flight in the same amount of time. For storage, I hang it vertically, nose down in my garage by the horizontal stab with the wings on.

This may or may not be for you, but it sure is convenient for me and maximizes my limited flying time.

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Feb 07, 2010, 01:42 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Carr View Post
I use short 6" servo extensions from the receiver, that allows quick disconnect from aileron servos and the extensions. that way you arent constantly plugging/unplugging fron the receiver port. Been doing it that way for as long as I can remember. no issues yet.
To add to this set up........I recently started putting a short piece of large dia heat shrink tubing on the servo lead coming from the aileron servo. I then shrink the tubing so it's just tight enough to not come off of the servo lead, but still loose on the wire. I then CA the heat shrink just inside of the wing root.

Now the servo lead is always hanging out of the wing root. I never have to fish the servo lead out of the wing when I am putting things together.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.