HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:58 AM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,111 Posts
Sweet! Thanks Jeff/Tyler for the video and review. Great job

Definitely interested to hear if you feel a difference with/without the SFG's as I've seen several shots of them with and without the SFG's. I'll probably be trying mine as well once I get used to the plane.

Maiden is planned for tomorrow!
mattk0 is offline Find More Posts by mattk0
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:09 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,866 Posts
Video link

Check out the Lama Club in Colordo video.

3DHS at LAMA in Colorado Video
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:20 AM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0
Sweet! Thanks Jeff/Tyler for the video and review. Great job

Definitely interested to hear if you feel a difference with/without the SFG's as I've seen several shots of them with and without the SFG's. I'll probably be trying mine as well once I get used to the plane.

Maiden is planned for tomorrow!
Good luck! This airplane is a real winner, you will no doubt love it. Let us know how it goes!

-Jeff
flyinhigh025 is offline Find More Posts by flyinhigh025
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:21 AM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4

Was a great day. Haven't had that much fun flying in a while.

Have a good week Cory!
Jeff
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:22 AM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
Thanks for posting the videos Tyler!!!!!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4

Great flying guys....

I only wish I could fly like that....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:32 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Just give it some time . We all start somewhere, and flying 3DHS planes definitely helped a lot of us (myself included) advance our 3D skills tremendously.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:57 AM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
It's great flying at LAMA with all the Addicts. It's like a mini fly low in every weekend.

Joe
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:13 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
Just give it some time . We all start somewhere, and flying 3DHS planes definitely helped a lot of us (myself included) advance our 3D skills tremendously.
Hi BoneDoc...

I have been flying RC off and on since 1972, if I can't do it by now, I don't think I ever will....but my son seems to get better every time we go flying....he has been flying now about four months or so, and is doing all knds of things I can't....but yes, I do believe that flying 3DHS planes does help.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:16 AM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
It's great flying at LAMA with all the Addicts. It's like a mini fly low in every weekend.

Joe
Totally agreed. We need to protect what we've built there. This is the only club that I've ever flown belonged to that I actually fit it <mostly> ;-)

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:21 AM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep
Hi BoneDoc...

I have been flying RC off and on since 1972, if I can't do it by now, I don't think I ever will....but my son seems to get better every time we go flying....he has been flying now about four months or so, and is doing all knds of things I can't....but yes, I do believe that flying 3DHS planes does help.

SteveT
Joe and I were talking about this on Sunday. For many, many years, the airplanes and equipment were the limiting factor for most pilots, myself included. Now, with the superior airframes and reliable equipment, we're seeing HUGE gains in the quality and skills of each individual pilot. We might not all be aces in the end, but we're certainly not being limited by the equipment in any conceivable way. That breeds confidence, which breeds dramatically better pilots. Gotta love that.

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:30 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep
Hi BoneDoc...

SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx
Joe and I were talking about this on Sunday. For many, many years, the airplanes and equipment were the limiting factor for most pilots, myself included. Now, with the superior airframes and reliable equipment, we're seeing HUGE gains in the quality and skills of each individual pilot. We might not all be aces in the end, but we're certainly not being limited by the equipment in any conceivable way. That breeds confidence, which breeds dramatically better pilots. Gotta love that.

Scott

I will totally agree 100%. I see it and hear it from guys at the field. I know I have.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:38 AM
"Thumbs"
Gilbert, Arizona
Joined Jan 2007
1,166 Posts
Quote:

Scott
10+ on that Scott,

I have several of your designs and certainly my attempts at 3D and pattern flying has improved by by leaps and bounds due to the confidence in the airframe and the design. I do not even like to practice on the simulator as I prefer trying different stick positions with your designs... of course initially at at altitude before bringing it down. Expecting the 330 SC to arrive anyday now and looking forward to the bigger Vyper or the Velox later this year.

I know you are a busy man and a great family person (father/husband) from my few conversations with you. Thanks so much for all your efforts in making us better "pilots" .... for us grounded folks at least!
Quiet E. Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Quiet E. Flyer
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:15 PM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet E. Flyer
I know you are a busy man and a great family person (father/husband) from my few conversations with you. Thanks so much for all your efforts in making us better "pilots" .... for us grounded folks at least!
+1 Scott,
Thanks for the time you give to constant improving of the hobby.

Joe
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:33 PM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Totally agreed. We need to protect what we've built there. This is the only club that I've ever flown belonged to that I actually fit it <mostly> ;-)

Scott
Protect it is right! LAMA is a great place to fly. Not sure what steps we need to follow to keep growing the fun....? But I sure like where we are at!

Jeff