HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:58 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Where are y'all placing the pack (4s-3300-4000) with the GR60 ?
THX !
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:00 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Dennis - Use a throttle-rudder mix instead of adding washers to the motors, IMO, easier to tune and just as effective.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:06 PM
Joined May 2008
1,506 Posts
This is one great airframe, ain't it!!
Knotnuts is offline Find More Posts by Knotnuts
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:18 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,467 Posts
Ben

Thanks, I have a 13% throttle rudder mix in, I just thought that with a little more right thrust I would not need quite as much mix. I do not have the mix on a curve and it seems to need it a litte earlier at the half throttle hover position.

Ps Steve say's thanks for the replacement canopy,, great 3DHS customer service

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:00 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,370 Posts
Hi Guys....

Since I am going to use my sons decals until I can get another set, I have a question for those that have used them.

Did you use a soap/water mix and then squeegee the water out, or just apply them dry with another person helping or what???

Thanks

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:06 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Parrish, FL
Joined Apr 2008
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
Hi Guys....

Since I am going to use my sons decals until I can get another set, I have a question for those that have used them.

Did you use a soap/water mix and then squeegee the water out, or just apply them dry with another person helping or what???

Thanks

SteveT
Here is a link to ADC Decal Installation

Rob
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:12 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,370 Posts
While I appreciate that link, I am asking about the decals that come with the kit, not ADC vinyl ones...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:18 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
The normal 3dhs decals I just peel and stick. I have in the past used the soap water mix on this type of decal and it works great. I do not know if it is recommended to do this though.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:18 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
I just slapped them on there. I applied them pretty close to the ADC instructions linked above except that I didn't clean the surface before hand and I didn't use tape to align them. I didn't need a 2nd person.

They seem to stick just fine and don't have any wrinkles.

-Mike
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,370 Posts
Hi Guys...

Thanks for your responses...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:55 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
make sure your hands are clean, oil/dirt free, those clear decals suck up all the oil from your fingers if it's on there and you will see it once they are installed.

make sure the plane is clean, Windex and a paper towel are fine, then just blow off the paper towel lint.

cut, peel, stick - I have always preferred the dry method, seems to last longer and the decals don't play slip and slide while you are trying to position them. The big wing decals require an additional pair of hands to keep them from rolling up and getting ruined by sticking to themselves. If you don;t have a helper, then the wet method might make sense here.
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:46 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Draknkep: I used the wet (Windex) method for the main wings and I'm really glad I did. Those are really big and I found them difficult to place exactly where I wanted them.

Dennis: I, too, needed a lot of throttle to rudder mixing. I started with a washer and switched to TX mixing as Ben suggested. While not perfectly linear (as you mentioned), it's easy enough to adjust with my thumbs. Before the mixing, though, it was making a number of manuevers more difficult than they needed to be.

All: It always takes me a while to get comfortable with a new plane but I'm really loving the 330SC now! The rolling harriers are REALLY nice & predictable and I'm starting to bring it lower and lower. High Alpha KE is very easy and consistent with the SFGs, though as Dennis mentioned a little R --> E mixing helped make it perfect. This plane also waterfalls and elevators better than any other plane. And it blenders/flat spins better than any other than my QQ 69" Yak which is perfectly flat. The plane really does instill confidence like none other! I just hope it doesn't instill OVER-confidence

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Last edited by TexasFlyer; Dec 14, 2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:30 PM
For the Birds
California
Joined Jul 2004
400 Posts
I received the Scorpion 4020-10 and installed it today. It works better with the ICE than the Reaper however it is still not perfect. There is some weirdness near full throttle. I will test fly it as soon as it stops raining and report back. Settings are V2.16, 8khz, timing 0,
Stagger_Wing is offline Find More Posts by Stagger_Wing
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:44 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger_Wing View Post
I received the Scorpion 4020-10 and installed it today. It works better with the ICE than the Reaper however it is still not perfect. There is some weirdness near full throttle. I will test fly it as soon as it stops raining and report back. Settings are V2.16, 8khz, timing 0,
Which pack ? I'm using the 4020-10 w/15x8 APC on 2x4S-2350s (parallel). 75A/1060W SS 100A ESC
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Last edited by Lonelasso; Dec 15, 2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Ben

Thanks, I have a 13% throttle rudder mix in, I just thought that with a little more right thrust I would not need quite as much mix. I do not have the mix on a curve and it seems to need it a litte earlier at the half throttle hover position.

Ps Steve say's thanks for the replacement canopy,, great 3DHS customer service

Dennis
FWIW (for what it's worth) I'll do the throttle/rudder mix out at the field. Then when I'm back at home and have time to adjust things "properly" I'll add a washer or two to shim the motor so I won't need the mix.

At the field, if you need it, you need it, so add it but when you have time to adjust the airframe and parts accordingly so it fly's "neatrral" so be it.

Carlo
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars