HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 12, 2009, 04:06 AM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Discussion
▇ MSR killer Walkera CB100 heli and parts now available (4#3B replacement)

Available from Chinese Jade (Terrence):

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraCB100_Heli.htm

$178 delivered with the new computerised transmitter WK-2402
$168 delivered with the standard WK-2401

I have ordered mine, should be in the UK next Friday or Saturday!
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Last edited by sebtomato; Sep 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:53 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Walkera comes out with so many new heli's, it's hard to keep track of them all. How is this heli better than the double brushless 4#3b? Is it the transmitter?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:57 AM
I crash therefore I am
Vimd's Avatar
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Walkera comes out with so many new heli's, it's hard to keep track of them all. How is this heli better than the double brushless 4#3b? Is it the transmitter?
It's got a new rotor head system. 45 degreee offset stab bar, no paddles. Bell style, kind of like the mSR. Supposed to be super stable. Seb, I am looking forward to a review.

Vimd
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Last edited by Vimd; Sep 12, 2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: removed reference to Bell/Hiller mixing
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:08 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd
It's got a new rotor head system. 45 degreee offset stab bar, no paddles. Bell/Hiller mixing, kind of like the mSR. Supposed to be super stable. Seb, I am looking forward to a review.

Vimd
Got it! The ring like push rods are like a HBFP. It'll be interesting to see if they are a commodity item on this one too.
As with most heli drivers, I'd be interested in hearing how it does outside and in some wind. Most of us suffer from a constant breeze in the Summer and can't fly until just before sunset because of it. Being realistic, most houses don't allow for something like this to be utilized much indoors unless you're into doing nothing more than hovering.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:10 AM
I crash therefore I am
Vimd's Avatar
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Got it! The ring like push rods are like a HBFP. It'll be interesting to see if they are a commodity item on this one too.
As with most heli drivers, I'd be interested in hearing how it does outside and in some wind. Most of us suffer from a constant breeze in the Summer and can't fly until just before sunset because of it. Being realistic, most houses don't allow for something like this to be utilized much indoors unless you're into doing nothing more than hovering.
I agree! Can't wait to hear an outside flight report too.

Vimd
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:27 AM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Walkera comes out with so many new heli's, it's hard to keep track of them all. How is this heli better than the double brushless 4#3b? Is it the transmitter?
It should be a lot more stable than the 4#3B, but it is identical in term of size and double brushless motors, due to the new head and stabiliser.

Given the small size (21cm), I would hope it will fly well indoor, during winter. I am buying this to fly indoor in winter, as I have a Quark for outdoor flying, but it can't take too much wind.
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:57 AM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Parts will also be available soon, but don't order yet: http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraCB100.htm

Parts should be available from the 21st September.
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Last edited by sebtomato; Sep 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:54 PM
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Yep terrence says he doesnt have them in stock yet.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:07 PM
Efficiency Freak!
Toanawanda NY
Joined Nov 2006
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd
It's got a new rotor head system. 45 degreee offset stab bar, no paddles. Bell/Hiller mixing, kind of like the mSR. Supposed to be super stable. Seb, I am looking forward to a review.

Vimd
Hi Vimd,

It's a 45* "Bell" head only, no "Hiller" mixing is involved in the stock CB100 head.

The FB must have paddles and be able to tilt those paddles, then "mix" that action with the tilt of the main rotor to be "Bell/Hiller" "mixing".

Is that the old "short" tail rotor???

Later,
Jay
GITech is offline Find More Posts by GITech
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:13 PM
Nitro Freak
Dark-Angel's Avatar
Canada, Quebec, Saguenay
Joined Jul 2008
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebtomato
Available from Chinese Jade (Terrence):

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraCB100_Heli.htm

$178 delivered with the new computerised transmitter WK-2402
$168 delivered with the standard WK-2401

I have ordered mine, should be in the UK next Friday or Saturday!
thanks for posting the info, just ordered mine also

and yet still wait for my 4g6 and pro TX cant wait to try that little CB100

i see how walkera did fix the "left roll in FF" (inputs offset) tho, same approach im working on at the moment for the BH offset input fix on the 4#3B! exept mine offsets the AR of a couple of degrees to allow to use the stock swashplate. using the CB100 swashplate would probaly do the trick.

does the RX2406C is a new 4in1 ??
looks like it will be a nice flyer.. i like the colors sheme and canopy tho.. but not much that little bump they made to clear the servo horn.. looks bad.. otherwise.. very cool
Dark-Angel is offline Find More Posts by Dark-Angel
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:56 PM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebtomato
It should be a lot more stable than the 4#3B, but it is identical in term of size and double brushless motors, due to the new head and stabiliser.

Given the small size (21cm), I would hope it will fly well indoor, during winter. I am buying this to fly indoor in winter, as I have a Quark for outdoor flying, but it can't take too much wind.
Are you ordering it bare bones (no transmitter)[assuming he will offer it later] or do you think you need the 2402(assuming you still have a 2401)? What I'd like to hear about too is how maintenance free the head will be on this thing. For the short time I had a 4#3b, I did nothing but work on it to even get it to lift properly. The head gets very sloppy very quickly.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 04:25 PM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Are you ordering it bare bones (no transmitter)[assuming he will offer it later] or do you think you need the 2402(assuming you still have a 2401)? What I'd like to hear about too is how maintenance free the head will be on this thing. For the short time I had a 4#3b, I did nothing but work on it to even get it to lift properly. The head gets very sloppy very quickly.
He is not selling a barebone version, and the CB100 comes by default with the new 2402 TX. So I ordered it with the 2402, which looks like a nice TX with many settings.

The Cb100 has the same head design as the bigger CB180Q, and it is very stable, so it should be nice. As the head is metal, it should be durable.
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 05:59 PM
I crash therefore I am
Vimd's Avatar
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITech
Hi Vimd,

It's a 45* "Bell" head only, no "Hiller" mixing is involved in the stock CB100 head.

The FB must have paddles and be able to tilt those paddles, then "mix" that action with the tilt of the main rotor to be "Bell/Hiller" "mixing".

Is that the old "short" tail rotor???

Later,
Jay
Thanks Jay,

I'll edit my earlier post to reflect that.

Vimd
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:03 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined May 2007
596 Posts
i think i will just order the new head and put it on my existing 4#3 bl.
Would it be hard to change?
airheli1201 is offline Find More Posts by airheli1201
Last edited by airheli1201; Sep 12, 2009 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:11 PM
Jesus Freak
AtTheCross's Avatar
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
when terrence gets them will have to ask if the swash is different other than color
right now my basket is at $62 with the swash
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter CNC Rotor Head Set
Item # HM-CB100-Z-01 $14.50
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter CNC Swashplate
Item # HM-CB100-Z-02 $10.50
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter CNC Blade Controller
Item # HM-CB100-Z-03 $7.00
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter Flybar Body
Item # HM-CB100-Z-04 $3.00
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter Flybar Connector
Item # HM-CB100-Z-05 $2.00
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter Linkage Set
Item # HM-CB100-Z-06 $3.50
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter CNC Blade Holder
Item # HM-CB100-Z-10 $9.00
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter Tail Rotor
Item # HM-CB100-Z-12 $2.50
WALKERA CB100 Helicopter Canopy
Item # HM-CB100-Z-16 $5.00
Shipping & Handling: $5.00 USD
Total Amount: $62.00 USD
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion BlimpDuino, a fully programmable autonomous blimp, now available for pre-order zlite UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 0 May 19, 2009 08:49 PM
Cool Polk Tracker III Pre-Order now available. macr0t0r Radios 2 Nov 09, 2004 10:15 PM
Futaba 9C: The Users Guide now available to order!! AMCross Radios 3 May 05, 2004 11:03 AM
Pre-Order for iRate Lipoly cells now available frederm2002 Batteries and Chargers 0 Dec 06, 2003 10:04 PM
CEM Motors now available, anyone got specs ? Mark Sanders Electric Plane Talk 0 Jun 22, 2001 02:00 PM