HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:38 AM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Discussion
CB100 first impression

We just got the delivery for the CB100 with the new 2402 tx. I gave it a quick try and it is very easy to fly. With the 45 degree rotor and the flying weight makes it very suitable for people which would like to move up from the co-axial heli. And it feature twin brushless motors so you do not need to worry about burn out motor again.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:55 AM
Efficiency Freak!
Toanawanda NY
Joined Nov 2006
1,620 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to order some parts so I can finaly finish the TechHead...

I think I see a bearing in the flybar pivot! Nice touch Walkera! I'll take that.

When will you have parts in stock?

Will the CB100 main shaft fit & work in the 4#3B chassis?

JasonJetSki, Do you think just a custom flybar control ring would do it?!

Sweet!

Jay

Edit: oh, and what can the TX and new RX do?
GITech is offline Find More Posts by GITech
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:08 AM
I crash therefore I am
Vimd's Avatar
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo
We just got the delivery for the CB100 with the new 2402 tx. I gave it a quick try and it is very easy to fly. With the 45 degree rotor and the flying weight makes it very suitable for people which would like to move up from the co-axial heli. And it feature twin brushless motors so you do not need to worry about burn out motor again.
Cool. When will they be up on your website? Can't see them yet....
Vimd
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:15 PM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
We got it late Sat. so we did not finish the incoming inspection till Monday morning. Should be listed within today. I compare it side by side with the 4#3b and it should fit without any issue. But the parts are not ava. yet. The new 2402 tx is basiclly same as the 2401 but all the dip function are now done with the LCD display with back light.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 04:48 AM
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
PARTS! We want parts! when will the CB100 spares come out?
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 06:37 AM
Registered User
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
It will be interesting to see how these compare to the Blade mSR
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Steve Joblin's Avatar
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
910 Posts
Interesting indeed! We are all anxious to hear how she flys. Personnaly, I think it will be a bit more of a challenge than a mSR, but not as difficult as a 4#3B. I'm thinking it will be in the middle, perhaps leaning a bit closer to the mSR. Just my bet... will be interesting to see for sure!
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:06 AM
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin
Interesting indeed! We are all anxious to hear how she flys. Personnaly, I think it will be a bit more of a challenge than a mSR, but not as difficult as a 4#3B. I'm thinking it will be in the middle, perhaps leaning a bit closer to the mSR. Just my bet... will be interesting to see for sure!
Youre probly right. I just learnt nose in hovers with my 4-3B so Im guessing the CB100 rotorhead should be a breeze to fly. I have three 4-3B's Im not sure whether if I should convert all of them to the CB100 rotorhead though. It will cost a bit too. I will buy one first and see how it flys I suppose.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 04:42 PM
Efficiency Freak!
Toanawanda NY
Joined Nov 2006
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo
We got it late Sat. so we did not finish the incoming inspection till Monday morning. Should be listed within today. I compare it side by side with the 4#3b and it should fit without any issue. But the parts are not ava. yet. The new 2402 tx is basiclly same as the 2401 but all the dip function are now done with the LCD display with back light.
Hmmm, I hoped they would include gyro gain and/or sesitivity adjust from the TX.

It could just be done in the code, couldn't it? I would think so...

So, no adjustments...like expo or extent with the new 2402?

Thanks,
Jay
GITech is offline Find More Posts by GITech
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:46 AM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Ya, a remote gain would be nice. But as you need an extra channel for it I think this will makes it a 2"5"02 tx. No expo or extend as it is there for just the reverse adjustment. I don't think the parts will be avaliable soon as Walkera usually release the heli first and parts a week or 2 afterward.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:51 AM
Efficiency Freak!
Toanawanda NY
Joined Nov 2006
1,620 Posts
At least it's not expensive and it looks cool!

What is adjustable via the POT on the RX?

Can you post a clear pic of what's on the other side of the RX?

Thank you,
Jay
GITech is offline Find More Posts by GITech
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:56 AM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITech
At least it's not expensive and it looks cool!

What is adjustable via the POT on the RX?

Can you post a clear pic of what's on the other side of the RX?

Thank you,
Jay

sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:40 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,705 Posts
There are quite a few selections to choose from in the FP heli category. I think you're a likely candidate to give us a thorough run down, Seb. Walkera, with their random number and letter generator has confused the heck out of us all. I actually thought the numbers referred to the size and thought the CB 180 was the size of a CX2/ lama 4.
It goes without saying that the stock skids have got to go. Mario will be having a field day!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:06 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,374 Posts
Quote:
It goes without saying that the stock skids have got to go.
First mod alright. The rear strut looks to have a bend in it, meaning it's wire not CF. But we all know what happens to those plastic tees. Even Esky has abandoned those in new models.

Everything else looks very good.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 09:21 PM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
The stock skids are made by metal wires same as the 4#3B and 4G3. Mario's stuff are sure a nice replacement for the stock unit.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nippy Black 1812/100 + Jedi 18 first impression fdisk Aerial Photography 59 Nov 08, 2005 11:52 PM
first impression or the hummingbird misskimo Micro Helis 2 Oct 20, 2003 10:16 AM
Wattage Super Decathalon first impression............... jk Parkflyers 2 Jun 11, 2003 01:53 PM