Old Jun 03, 2010, 05:57 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier View Post
What club in Adelaide does combat?
Hi. SkyHawks Aeromodellers Club up at Blakeview, North of town, about a 1km further towards Gawler than the new housing development being built.
We fly organised (loosely) combat every time we have a club BBQ day, which is about bi-monthly. We also target 1PM on Saturdays as a combat time if enough are present, so anyone interested can be there around the right time.

The club website is here. There are PDF plans for our club combat plane on the site is you want to see what we built. Go to the combat photos and follow the links.
http://skyhawksaeromodellers.org/

Coincidentally we just cut another 18 sets of Reaper wing cores two nights ago. Six hours work, even on a CNC hotwire machine....
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2010, 02:59 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,485 Posts
Sounds good might have to go up and check it out. bit of a drive from Morphet vale but should be good fun to check out
Desert flier is online now Find More Posts by Desert flier
Old Jun 06, 2010, 09:00 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier View Post
Sounds good might have to go up and check it out. bit of a drive from Morphet vale but should be good fun to check out
No problem, drop me a PM and email addy and I'll try to let you know when the next combat BBQ day is on. Bring a model...
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jun 08, 2010, 07:33 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
A lot of the West Coast Combat guys are flying Migs in SSC. They fly very well and are not too bad to build. I have built 4 from the plans and you can literally cut one out and build it in one day. They look great too.

Here's a link to the plans.

http://members.cox.net/allentmelton/mig3-v1.3.7.zip

Blessings, Terry
still4given is offline Find More Posts by still4given