Old Sep 08, 2009, 10:29 PM
Registered Abuser
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Oct 2005
658 Posts
Yippee!
Wyoming Wind Works Impromptu slope fest

Hi all,

Adam is hosting an impromptu "slope Fest" here this weekend 12th-13th of September....... Sorry about the short notice, but that is the way things go sometimes

It will be purely a fun event, with no prizes or anything, just a good time and a "fling what you bring" attitude.

The slopes here are great and cover every wind direction including a couple of great DS hills and some quite large front side slopes! (can anyone say "Lead Slead"?

The "Shop" will be open for people to take a peek, and we may even do a couple of demonstrations like vac-bagging a wing or laying up a fuse using the bladder technique....... if there is any interest.

There will be beer and BBQ (very family frendly) at Adams place the night of the 12th.

There is space for camping here or we can help find a hotel in the area.

PM me or Adam for more information, or post in this thread.

Chris

(the euro shop-slave)
fooesboy is offline Find More Posts by fooesboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2009, 10:37 PM
Jim in San Diego
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Oh man Chris. I'd love to get out to this one but I just came off vacation and my porch pass is being held

I hope you guys get a great turn out and have a ton of fun. Did you ever get your P-40 done? If not, take a side trip to San Diego and fly mine

Jim
Pismo is online now Find More Posts by Pismo
Old Sep 09, 2009, 04:30 AM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,465 Posts
I will be there. Looking forward to meeting people, flying, BBQ'ing and just plain relaxing. WooHoo!!

Chip
sixty9mustang is online now Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Sep 09, 2009, 08:24 AM
Mark Robbins
Watertown SD
Joined Nov 2007
94 Posts
Can't push it off a weekend? I am gonna be in Rapid the next weekend...Have fun!
Mark Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Mark Robbins
Old Sep 09, 2009, 08:29 AM
I land when i CFIT!
USA, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2007
872 Posts
Can you tell those of us who don't know, exactly where in WY you are located? That will help me decide.

Colby
flytrip is online now Find More Posts by flytrip
Old Sep 09, 2009, 10:55 AM
sewing machine thumb
United States, CA, Palo Alto
Joined Jul 2001
2,305 Posts
Doh! I'd love to get over there, but I have to drive the kids to a soccer tournament in Bozeman this weekend.
Frank S is offline Find More Posts by Frank S
Old Sep 09, 2009, 10:57 AM
Just fly it!
Cody, WY
Joined Nov 2007
6,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrip
Can you tell those of us who don't know, exactly where in WY you are located? That will help me decide.

Colby
Ooooopss. We are in Cody, WY.

Adam
wyowindworks is offline Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Old Sep 09, 2009, 12:43 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,968 Posts
Ouch I wish I could attend!!! It isn't all that far from me here in Rapid...
But alas - my $$ is tied up to go to the ECHLGF just a couple weeks later... I will have to keep my eyes open for another event though. Sounds like this could be a lot of fun!!
AC5FF is offline Find More Posts by AC5FF
Old Sep 09, 2009, 12:57 PM
Just fly it!
Cody, WY
Joined Nov 2007
6,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF
But alas - my $$ is tied up to go to the ECHLGF just a couple weeks later... I will have to keep my eyes open for another event though. Sounds like this could be a lot of fun!!
Cody, WY is 6 hours driving from Rapid City, SD.

Maybe next year I'll do an official one with several months advance notice.

Adam
wyowindworks is offline Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Old Sep 09, 2009, 04:55 PM
Registered Abuser
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Oct 2005
658 Posts
The whole idea of this "fest" is for a group of like minded slopers getting togeather and having some fun!

If the wind dosn't show up, then Adam has offered to have his shop open, you could lay-up your own Stinger or Stingeron fuse or have cores cut on the CNC hotwire..... either way with or without wind we are sure to have a good time!!!!!

Chris
Old Sep 09, 2009, 04:56 PM
Registered Abuser
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Oct 2005
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S
Doh! I'd love to get over there, but I have to drive the kids to a soccer tournament in Bozeman this weekend.

Hi Frank,

Shame that you can't make it, it was nice meeting you last year at Soar Utar.

Chris
Old Sep 09, 2009, 04:58 PM
Registered Abuser
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Oct 2005
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Robbins
Can't push it off a weekend? I am gonna be in Rapid the next weekend...Have fun!

Just make the extra drive.......... afterall its only gas!
Old Sep 09, 2009, 06:52 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF
Yep, wish I could head out to Cody as well...my son has a soccer game in Mitchell Friday night...300 miles in the wrong direction.

And don't forget, the Black Hills Air Rally will be held out at the Buffalo Chip campground in Sturgis this weekend. I'm going to head over there on Saturday when I get back into town on Saturday to check it out. I'm going to try to bring a couple planes to sell as well, just in case. Gotta fund the last few items for my latest project...
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:17 AM
Mark Robbins
Watertown SD
Joined Nov 2007
94 Posts
You boy plays for Sturgis huh? Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjon
Yep, wish I could head out to Cody as well...my son has a soccer game in Mitchell Friday night...300 miles in the wrong direction.

And don't forget, the Black Hills Air Rally will be held out at the Buffalo Chip campground in Sturgis this weekend. I'm going to head over there on Saturday when I get back into town on Saturday to check it out. I'm going to try to bring a couple planes to sell as well, just in case. Gotta fund the last few items for my latest project...
Mark Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Mark Robbins
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:12 PM
sewing machine thumb
United States, CA, Palo Alto
Joined Jul 2001
2,305 Posts
Change of plans means I may be able to make it after all! What are the landing zones like at your slopes? I don't think I have a flyable foamie right now ...
Frank S is offline Find More Posts by Frank S