Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 08, 2009, 11:52 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Cool
450 size Hind D painted

Its time for me to retire my prototype 450 Hind D and move to my production model. I had an unpainted assembled Hind D 450 up for sale but that was about 4 days ago. Since then I have decided to throw on a paint job . I still had considered selling the fuselage even after I have painted it but I think Im going to keep it instead and retire my prototype fuselage which i had been flying. This paint job was a very time consuming job. It took me about 8 hours just to do all the masking. I think it was well worth it now that I see what it looks like after I have pulled off all the masking tape.
Still a little work left to do like install the clear window cockpit windshields, Nose gun , I might even fab some rocket tubes.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2009, 12:37 PM
latinflyer
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Dec 2004
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Its time for me to retire my prototype 450 Hind D and move to my production model. I had an unpainted assembled Hind D 450 up for sale but that was about 4 days ago. Since then I have decided to throw on a paint job . I still had considered selling the fuselage even after I have painted it but I think Im going to keep it instead and retire my prototype fuselage which i had been flying. This paint job was a very time consuming job. It took me about 8 hours just to do all the masking. I think it was well worth it now that I see what it looks like after I have pulled off all the masking tape.
Still a little work left to do like install the clear window cockpit windshields, Nose gun , I might even fab some rocket tubes.
Ok,
So how much is the damage for something that good. Really nice paint job.
Latinflyer.
latinflyer is offline Find More Posts by latinflyer
Old Sep 08, 2009, 02:42 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinflyer
Ok,
So how much is the damage for something that good. Really nice paint job.
Latinflyer.
If I was to do a custom paint job like this it would be hard to put a price tag on it for the simple reason what someone is willing to pay and the actual value (Time wise)
Disclaimer: This is in no wise an attempt to use this forum venue as a sale platform. Therefore will not contain any specific pricing.
With that said, What would someone be willing to pay for a custom built and or painted Item time wise: Here in the US minimum wage is $7.00 an hour and some change ? so, if there is 11 hours involved , the question is would anyone be willing to spend an extra $77.00 on top of the cost of a product. mind you thats only at $7.00 an hour. If a person really values his/her time and displays professionalism would their time be more valuable ? What about $10.00 , $12.00 or even $15.00 an hour ? Personally myself I have never really sat down and put my time at a fixed price for work performed. Usually I find myself selling myself short, probably because I take pride in what I do and I want people to happy with the end product and most people who know me Im not the "Take the money and run" type of person I also dont want people to feel like they are being gouged. I know times are tough out there for some people and it does bother me to see guys selling off their RC stuff to make ends meet. Ive been there and at times not sure how long this will stay self supporting. Right now Im doing this full time. My wife thinks I need to be on the look out for something thats more like a regular weekly check. Cant say I disagree with her but that would cause me to really get behind with the Heli stuff. Im playing it one day at a time. Sorry for the extra jiberish but really I kinda find it hard to answer questions like that. Lately I have been getting several Custom orderings and when I look back at what I have been charging for custom work, I know it hasnt been above $7.00 an hour, probably not even close.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Sep 08, 2009, 03:48 PM
Wish my coax could autorotate
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
I hear ya,Darth.
airwolf2006 is offline Find More Posts by airwolf2006