HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Feb 2007
106 Posts
After letting my 185 set for many months I am putting it back together. I have made some flat floats out of blue cor building foam and econocote covering. I have it balanced at 64mm and am trying to decide weather to use a 4S or 3 S battery and which prop. My all up ready to fly weight is 4#10oz with a 2200 4S and floats. I could save about 3 oz with a 2200 3S. What are some of the other planes weighing with battery and floats??
darylm44 is offline Find More Posts by darylm44
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:03 PM
Victown SkyDonkey
Victoria, BC
Joined Jan 2010
729 Posts
Hey Brent, or anyone else out there with this Cessna...

Has anyone encountered a very strange servo behavior in the rudder of this plane?

My friend just got his in from HobbyKing, and the servo for the rudder is doing the weirdest thing:
-left input makes left movement, then centers normally
-right input makes right movement, then CENTERS WAY OVER TO THE LEFT

If you input left again all is well, and it centers fine. I just seems to pick a wacky place to center after right input. I'm guessing this is just a totally strange servo that needs replaceing... but I thought I'd run it past you guys.

Thanks.
byxnplanes is offline Find More Posts by byxnplanes
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:40 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylm44 View Post
After letting my 185 set for many months I am putting it back together. I have made some flat floats out of blue cor building foam and econocote covering. I have it balanced at 64mm and am trying to decide weather to use a 4S or 3 S battery and which prop. My all up ready to fly weight is 4#10oz with a 2200 4S and floats. I could save about 3 oz with a 2200 3S. What are some of the other planes weighing with battery and floats??
sorry mate, i missed your post... were you still chasing weight?
Mine doesn't have floats but does have fpv gear, i can weight her up for you if you'd like, with camera & servo, VTx & battery, RC Rx & battery, flight battery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by byxnplanes View Post
Hey Brent, or anyone else out there with this Cessna...

Has anyone encountered a very strange servo behavior in the rudder of this plane?

My friend just got his in from HobbyKing, and the servo for the rudder is doing the weirdest thing:
-left input makes left movement, then centers normally
-right input makes right movement, then CENTERS WAY OVER TO THE LEFT

If you input left again all is well, and it centers fine. I just seems to pick a wacky place to center after right input. I'm guessing this is just a totally strange servo that needs replaceing... but I thought I'd run it past you guys.

Thanks.
the servos on this bird, when i bought her, were the cheapest of cheap... before i maidened i'd replaced all servos with Turnigy's (not the greatest, but i haven't had one servo fail yet, even after numerous arguments with treetops ), and also replaced the motor/ esc, braced the landing gear. I've had countless flights with her without a problem, my suggestion is to ditch all the electronics if you'd like hassle free flying

OT, I'm actually buying a 1900mm version of this Cessna and transfering all my fpv gear over, a lovely plane these Cessna's are, keep this 1500mm version for LOS flying
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:17 PM
Victown SkyDonkey
Victoria, BC
Joined Jan 2010
729 Posts
No worries, Thanks Hoppy.

My bud has already swapped out that servo (and the ESC for that matter). Maidened yesterday, great plane. Lots of authority on 4cell, and surprisingly slow landings, even without flaps.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
Joined May 2010
2,993 Posts
Quote:
No worries, Thanks Hoppy.

My bud has already swapped out that servo (and the ESC for that matter). Maidened yesterday, great plane. Lots of authority on 4cell, and surprisingly slow landings, even without flaps.
the original motor that came with my e-Do Cessna version 1 really was just junk... if you are using the original supplied motor, unless they have improved the motor since the very first version, please be ready for a dead stick landing
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:47 PM
Victown SkyDonkey
Victoria, BC
Joined Jan 2010
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
the original motor that came with my e-Do Cessna version 1 really was just junk... if you are using the original supplied motor, unless they have improved the motor since the very first version, please be ready for a dead stick landing
I don't know Hoppy, maybe they did change it up. The stock motor flew with authority, no problems, noises or sketchy moments.

What was the problem with the lowdown on the stock motor problems? Good to take note...

Thanks
Neil
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined May 2010
2,993 Posts
Quote:
I don't know Hoppy, maybe they did change it up. The stock motor flew with authority, no problems, noises or sketchy moments.

What was the problem with the lowdown on the stock motor problems? Good to take note...

Thanks
Neil
i never flew with the original motor/esc heh heh.... screeched at 75% throttle bench testing ready to maiden, so i binned it...
Old Apr 08, 2011, 02:57 AM
Joined Dec 2010
141 Posts
Hi guys I am wondering if the version 2 of this plane is worth getting?
Can anyone tell me the difference between v1 and v2? Or should I steer clear altogether ?
glenncol is offline Find More Posts by glenncol
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:18 AM
Victown SkyDonkey
Victoria, BC
Joined Jan 2010
729 Posts
I don't know about V1, but my friend just got this one from HK and he loves it. I have heard rumblings about faulty motors, but his works great running 4-cell, so maybe that is one of the differences...

He has only owned parkzone z-foam, and this is his first "china kit" and he's still happy, so I'd say it's a winner.

EDIT: He did swap out the ESC. With the new ESC, the stock motor works just fine.

Neil
Last edited by byxnplanes; Apr 08, 2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 03:10 PM
Switzerland-Europe
Joined Apr 2007
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenncol View Post
Hi guys I am wondering if the version 2 of this plane is worth getting?
Can anyone tell me the difference between v1 and v2? Or should I steer clear altogether ?
V1, the one I bought, lot's of mod's are necessary! all wings-floats-control surfaces fixations are bad and need to be replaced, I will add my pics soon, I have spent 3 days already in personal mods.
V2 no Idea about the motor and the Esc, but I'm quite sure it's the same....BUT this version is using alloy and ply wood for the fragile pieces that in V1 are made with poor plexiglas.
panamarenko is offline Find More Posts by panamarenko
Old Apr 08, 2011, 03:36 PM
North Pole Ak
Joined Oct 2007
305 Posts
http://www.bungymania.com

Has review of the 182 version,new version.
Problem lies with the included esc/battery/prop
oewilson@acsal is offline Find More Posts by oewilson@acsal
Old Apr 17, 2011, 04:07 PM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2007
291 Posts
hello, i have bought the e-domodel cessna 182 tricycle l/g from throttlestore.com and my version has wooden motor mountso i guess its one of the latest, it has 4s 3000 mah lipo included and a very big ESC in red shrinkwrap and with gold radiator. My question is, i have red in some of the first posts that people got separate BEC's but my version lacks a separete BEC, and i am not very confident in the built-in BEC of the esc, however i havent got any separate BEC's or other ESC's on hand now but i want to start building and flying this plane, so i want to know if it is possible to fly with the stock ESC without a separate BEC or is it 100% crash chance. My version has flap's seros installed so it will be a total of 6 servos working.
Shift is offline Find More Posts by Shift
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:38 PM
Joined May 2010
2,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
hello, i have bought the e-domodel cessna 182 tricycle l/g from throttlestore.com and my version has wooden motor mountso i guess its one of the latest, it has 4s 3000 mah lipo included and a very big ESC in red shrinkwrap and with gold radiator. My question is, i have red in some of the first posts that people got separate BEC's but my version lacks a separete BEC, and i am not very confident in the built-in BEC of the esc, however i havent got any separate BEC's or other ESC's on hand now but i want to start building and flying this plane, so i want to know if it is possible to fly with the stock ESC without a separate BEC or is it 100% crash chance. My version has flap's seros installed so it will be a total of 6 servos working.
may i respectfully ask, are you new to electric aircraft?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:46 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2007
291 Posts
No, in fact i have been flying electric aircraft since 2005 i think, although not as often as i'd whish. I have already found out that the ESC provided with my kit is in fact 70A ESC with 5A UBEC so i think i will be fine. http://www.throttlestore.com/spare_p...c.aspx?lang=EN

All in all i must say i am a bit dissapointed with the quality of the kit, even considering that i didnt expect much in the first place because well its a chinese kit, and a inexpensive one. I have spent the whole day trying to force the fron l/g strut in its hub and succeeded only after sanding the strut to reduce it's diameter, and when i connect the wing halves they dont align well, one wing is a little bit higher than the other, seems that the wholes for the rods are a bit off, and when i screw down the wing to the fuselage there is a significant gap between the two halves of the wing, i was going to glue the halves together but i think that if i do so the wholes in the wing for the bolts will not align with the holes in the fuselage, so i am a bit confused on how to solve this issue. Also my kit lacks any means of securing the main battery, there is one velcro in the farthest forward end of the inside if the fuselage glued to the foam, but i think it is for securing the ESC.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:34 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2007
291 Posts
can anyone suggest what 2 bladed prop will be good for the stock motor and 4s battery and wont overload the motor and ESC and battery? I have never had such big planes with such powerfull motors and more than 3s batteries