HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:41 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Discussion
Does Easy Tiger really sell airplanes? It's Show Time

Things are slow, so I thought I would stirr things up. I know Curtis watches this site, even though he doesn't particpate. So, since he won't sell me anything, I have nothing to loose by asking some questions.

Has anyone actually seen an Easy Tiger L-39 fly?
Has anyone actually seen any of the new planes that Easy Tiger has advertised, fly?
Other than the F-86, is anyone actually flying a non-foamy plane from Easy Tiger?

Since some of us can't get an Easy Tiger plane, I want to see what we are missing. I can't sleep at night knowing that sombody might have built an Easy Tiger L-39 and is keeping it a secret.

So, you guys that actually built them and flown them...post away and upload pictures. Seriously, some of us are really interested.

Al
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Aug 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:29 AM
United States, GA, Columbus
Joined Mar 2002
1,125 Posts
Edit:
Removed my blast against EasyTiger to prevent any tears in New York today.

Everything I said was common knowledge anyway.

So lets see some pictures/video of that L-39 now.

James
JIMinKENTUCKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMinKENTUCKY
Last edited by JIMinKENTUCKY; Sep 01, 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:59 AM
Joined Mar 2002
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Since some of us can't get an Easy Tiger plane, I want to see what we are missing. I can't sleep at night knowing that sombody might have built an Easy Tiger L-39 and is keeping it a secret.
You are not missing a thing without that L-39. The more I look at the pics the less attractive it becomes even compared to the smaller 70mm Sapac L-39 and knowing they will be releasing a 90mm version soon. It doesn't even compare.

The only way I would get one like on EasyTiger is if Nitroplanes sells it for roughly half the price as they did with the Honda EDF.

Too many other nice jets out there.

James
Old Sep 01, 2009, 08:52 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Jim,

I should be upset at Easy Tiger (remember my PM), but your exact statement of more jets being out there is the reason why, so many jets, so little money.

However, I didn't want to set up a blasting thread on Easy Tiger. I was really hopeing that some of the guys out there actually got some of these planes flying and would post more information.

Lets see some Easy Tiger "non-foamy" jets actually in construction or flying...Show some beef...ha aha ha ha.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2002
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Jim,

I should be upset at Easy Tiger (remember my PM), but your exact statement of more jets being out there is the reason why, so many jets, so little money.

However, I didn't want to set up a blasting thread on Easy Tiger. I was really hopeing that some of the guys out there actually got some of these planes flying and would post more information.

Lets see some Easy Tiger "non-foamy" jets actually in construction or flying...Show some beef...ha aha ha ha.
Cool, I edited my blast against EasyTiger.

Why are there no pictures/video yet? I'm impatient.

I'm salivating at the thought of being able to see a video of the awesome EasyTiger L-39.

James
Old Sep 01, 2009, 12:33 PM
Joined Oct 2008
9 Posts
I have two Easy Tiger F-15 80mm jets. They fly very well.
marty123 is offline Find More Posts by marty123
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:29 PM
Joined Feb 2006
496 Posts
Fly Very Well - Good to Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty123
Very nice for you. I got one with very sloppy (slop is approx 1/4" up and 1/4" down) full horizontal stab. Not that it is needed, but there was no documentation (subsequently, I was e-mailed a copy). I have to figure out the CG.

Do you have a CG number you care to share?

I have removed all the electrics for CG glide test. I will modify the stab control. The power wiring is suspect.

But, the airframe is very good, for a foamie.

If you have photographs to share, please do.

Thanks,

Del
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:54 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
Just amazed skyline_g35 hasn't chimed in by the 5th post. He can't get enough of Easy Tiger gear.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:56 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty123
Why buy two anyway? Was it because the first kit came without instructions and some parts were missing?
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Sep 01, 2009, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
. . .
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Last edited by Socomon; Jul 12, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Steve,

It's not an advertisement, I have a theory about Easy Tiger, before I post it, lets see what kind of response appears. Lets really evaluate the products, maybe some lucky (or unlucky) person actually got a plane. I have a funny feeling there will be plenty of time for some drama. Right now let's just do show and tell. Perhaps we can get some answers. Does Easy Tiger really sell planes or what? Do they really fly? How come the videos are so few and so lame? Why do they list the same products as Nitroplanes and price them much higher?

If you guys are still are on the email list you must be getting an email announcement from them every day. I was, until I requested to be taken off the list. If the products are real, some are very interesting...but....are they real?...let's see.

By the way no-foamies in this forum.

Al
Old Sep 01, 2009, 03:46 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
okey-dokey.

I did not think the intent was an advertisement, but I wasn't sure of the consequence.
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Sep 01, 2009, 06:25 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,125 Posts
There used to be an EasyTiger 100mm F-16 that was listed on the site for a long time.
I dont know that it was ever in-stock. I don't see it listed anymore.

James
Last edited by JIMinKENTUCKY; Sep 01, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2009, 10:40 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Quote:
. I have a funny feeling there will be plenty of time for some drama.
Word.

Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Sep 02, 2009, 03:24 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
I hope you guys that are going to E-Jets read this. Things are pretty slow lateley so maybe this will catch your eye....out of boredom that is.

Look for Curtis at E-Jets, keep your camera handy, we want pictures. If you have the ball, even try to interview him, but be carefull, he might bite.

This would be a good chance for someone to get enough information to compete for a Pullitzer Prize...Big chances like this only come once in a while, do it.

If you really get him pissed off, the interview will be spectacular as I dont' think anything will be held back about RCGroups and the management. LOL