HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:15 PM
Mexico
Joined Nov 2005
427 Posts
Discussion
radio shack chargers, good for rc?? ultra fast charger

What about this RC ultra fast charger from Radio Shack?

http://www.radioshack.com/pwr/produc...C-Charger.html

It claims to fast charge NiMh and NiCd packs really fast. For instance, it claims to charge a 7.2v 2000 mAh in 15 minutes and a 3300 mAh in 22 min. And it is supposed to be a peak charger!!

I saw in a RS store, it delivers 8 Amp to charge a 7.2 pack.

For some reason they don't show it in the RS web page, there is only the review (see link above)

It is really cheap that seems to does it all, fast charge, peak charge and be cheap, and very portable..... what do you think?
bambino is offline Find More Posts by bambino
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:35 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,481 Posts
You'll shorten the life of your battery packs by charging them that fast, but if that's how you want to charge your packs then it sounds like that charger will do it. Read the comments though. One thing I can assure you of is that even though the seventh comment calls it a "GREAT ALL AROUND CHARGER", it's definitely not an all around charger in any sense. It appears to be targeted toward r/c model cars. That page has a link for more information, but it's dead, suggesting that the product may be discontinued.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike