HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:07 PM
Acme Powered!
Orange,CA
Joined Jul 2000
4,040 Posts
How to make the new APC Electric props fit your adapter

HI I have found that all my E prop APC's are much too thin for my prop adapters and I cant tighten down the prop screw on the adapter.Has anyone else had this problem? IF so can you let me know what the fix is.
Thanks Joe
Joe Elston is offline Find More Posts by Joe Elston
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:16 PM
Recruiter - 60 Amp Club
Rutherfordton, North Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2001
5,941 Posts
Joe,
I had the same problem, my solution was just to scrounge up enough of the appropriate size washers to make up the thickness difference.
Ed Lyerly is offline Find More Posts by Ed Lyerly
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:20 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,952 Posts
Had exactly the same problem.. finally scrounged up a few aluminum washers to fill the gap.
Frustratingly though I've found these props to be less than expected performance/price wise.. I won't be buying more.
Bare is online now Find More Posts by Bare
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:27 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,279 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll stick with the MAS/Grish props myself.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:30 PM
Castle Rock, Colorado
Joined Jun 2001
38 Posts
I used the outer plastic stopper, about the diameter of a quarter, from one of my glow fuel tanks and it works great. Made from plastic and adds no weight and is about 1/8" thick. Tom
Smitty is offline Find More Posts by Smitty
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:33 PM
Acme Powered!
Orange,CA
Joined Jul 2000
4,040 Posts
Thanks Guys, I think I will use the Gruapner cam props and maybe some MAS wood props. If the performance is not what is expected.
Joe
Joe Elston is offline Find More Posts by Joe Elston
Old Jun 17, 2001, 01:56 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
The early batches of the APC thin-E props had a very thin hub (and the TE of the blades going well aft of the hub face). Current production all have a thicker hub and the blades project back little or not at all, so a spinner can be fitted.

Bare, what was you application? The MA-E props may work better than the APCs at really low RPMS (say 4000), but beyond that the APCs I find much more efficient. You may need to go up a bit in size, though. I was running a 12X8 MA on the LT-25 and now use an APC-E 14X7 at just slightly higher current draw. MUCH better climb and overall performance is similar. I need to try a 13X10 on that power system.

Just a happy customer - I've gone completely over to APC-Es on my current fleet.
BEC is online now Find More Posts by BEC