HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2009, 07:06 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Question
Trouble running software for HPP-21

I have a computer running Vista. I downloaded the HPP-21 software from HITECRCD. I then ran the installer by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator". All that seems to run fine.

The problem I am having is that when I run the programmer application all I get is an error window (attached).

Any advice?

Thanks,
Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2009, 07:53 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
Sounds like the usb driver didn't install correctly. Reinstall it and try again.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperch
I have a computer running Vista. I downloaded the HPP-21 software from HITECRCD. I then ran the installer by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator". All that seems to run fine. The problem I am having is that when I run the programmer application all I get is an error window (attached). Any advice? Thanks, Joe
Which software version? try
Hitec - HPP21 software update Jun 09 to easily load software in MS Vista
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:30 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhoward1122
Sounds like the usb driver didn't install correctly. Reinstall it and try again.
Please describe exactly how to uninstall the USB driver. I tried doing so through the device manager. When I reconnected the programmer, it reinstalled the driver and the behavior did not change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Which software version? try
Hitec - HPP21 software update Jun 09 to easily load software in MS Vista
Regards
I think it was this same version. At least the filename is the same. I just downloaded it from the Hitec web site.

Still no change in behavior.

Another question: What type of device should the programmer be in the device manager? In my case, it installs a driver for a Human Interface Device. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Joe
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:50 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Ok Folks. I got it working.
It seems that you not only need to run the installer in administrator mode, you also need to run the application in administrator mode.

When I did this, it seems to work just fine.

Thanks for all the help.

Joe
Old Sep 01, 2009, 12:06 AM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
Did you try installing it in user mode? If so, did you run into errors? What were they? Just curious as I just bought a Toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit on it. Might be needing this program sometime soon.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Sep 01, 2009, 09:17 AM
Hitec / Multiplex USA
Joined Apr 2004
222 Posts
Joe, I'm glad you got it working. Sorry for the headache. Just so I have this right, turning off the user rights management didn't solve the problem, you had to run it in administrator mode?

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
TOhm is offline Find More Posts by TOhm
Old Sep 01, 2009, 09:53 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
TOhm,

Please forgive my ignorance. I am new to Vista. I use XP at work and I don't get into the heavy details of the OS much.

I don't know what you mean by turning off the user rights management.

Basically, my first attempt went like this:
1 - download installer.
2 - run installer by double clicking on the shortcut on my desktop
3 - run application by double clicking the shortcut on my desktop
4 - get error

My next attempt went like this:
1 - download installer.
2 - run installer by right clicking on the shortcut on my desktop and selecting "run in administrator mode"
3 - run application by double clicking the shortcut on my desktop
4 - get error

To make it work, the process is:
1 - download installer.
2 - run installer by right clicking on the shortcut on my desktop and selecting "run in administrator mode"
3 - run application by right clicking the shortcut on my desktop and and selecting "run in administrator mode"
4 - Application works as described

Of course, in the working process, I don't download and run the installer every time. But I do have to run the application by right clicking every time.

I hope this makes sense.

Joe