HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2009, 06:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11 Posts
I don't have a ni charger would it be best just to buy a new battery?
Cotton17 is offline Find More Posts by Cotton17
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2009, 06:50 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton17
I don't have a ni charger would it be best just to buy a new battery?
Or get help from a friend or the LHs.

Even if you do get the battery back to full charge, it has been damaged and you can count on decreased performance. So, since that is not a real pricy battery (at least on this side of the pond) , might as well purchase another.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3
Old Aug 31, 2009, 07:05 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11 Posts
Thanks you have been very helpful I will see if my lhs can help me then but if not I'll just buy a new battery(glad that they don't cost a lot) and thanks again to everyone who has helped
Old Sep 01, 2009, 10:17 PM
If you got 'em, fly 'em
Simi Valley
Joined Aug 2009
238 Posts
Kid....I had the same issue with my mini-cub's battery...the car charger would blink three times and stop. I did notice some slight puffing and promplty took it back to the hobby shop and it was promptly replaced with a new one....no questions. I think there must be a bad batch out there.
edubs2121 is offline Find More Posts by edubs2121
Old Sep 03, 2009, 06:31 AM
Joined Aug 2009
11 Posts
Got my new battery today so I put it in the plane and it had some power to fully work the plane. I then connected it to the charger and it did the same thing blink three times the stop and this is a brand new battery so it has to be the charger, and I can't think of what else it can be
Old Sep 03, 2009, 07:29 AM
Dickinson, Tx.
Joined Sep 2004
5,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton17
Got my new battery today so I put it in the plane and it had some power to fully work the plane.
Lipos are normally stored at half charge, so when you buy one, the first thing you should do is check the voltage with a D/C volt meter to ensure it is at 3.8 volts per cell or 7.6 volts for a 2S pack, then you charge it up.

Hopefully, you didn't run the motor for awhile (before charging the pack) as this could run the voltage down to the point where a charger might balk when asked to charge. Either take it back to the Hobby Shop along with your charger and have them test it or buy a cheapie D/C volt meter...

Challenger413
Challenger 413 is offline Find More Posts by Challenger 413
Old Sep 03, 2009, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2009
11 Posts
When I put it in the plane I just cheched that the propelor would turn,if the rudder and the elavators were working then took the battery straight out and put it on charge. So it shouldn't have been drained much. So I'll take it back to the shop and can I get a charger to fit this specific battery or does it have to be the one made by hobbyzone? If it is the charger
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs2121 View Post
Kid....I had the same issue with my mini-cub's battery...the car charger would blink three times and stop. I did notice some slight puffing and promplty took it back to the hobby shop and it was promptly replaced with a new one....no questions. I think there must be a bad batch out there.
same here. i bought my mini sc online, and the batt was dead, so i asked for a new one. they said sure, and shipped one free of charge. but i still have that dead one i don't know what to do with.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jan 23, 2010, 06:00 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Also, i don't have a NIMH charger, so would my LHS have a solution?

Thanks, Matt.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude