HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2009, 05:54 PM
I can put anything here?
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Aug 2009
565 Posts
Help!
I need help with my pkzone lipo and charger!!Error!

Hi guys, i have had my pkzone corsair for a while, only had about 4 flights on it, and naturally,destroyed it.I was coming around, and decided to hit full throttle and see how low i could go in a turn.Well.....I went too low, the left wing just tapped the ground, and it swung the whole plane around, smashed into the ground.Oh... !! snapped the fuselage in half,snapped the wing in half,broke the cowling into 3 million peices, and ripped the whole nose off snapping the motor mount.But....The electronics were perfectly fine! yea!its been sitting in my garage for awhile, just got it all fixed up, back together and ready to go.I got it christmas, its been sitting since probably febuary.So, a while ago i go to charge up the battery to go fly, and i get a error on the charger.Oh... ! It is the one that comes with the rtf, i have a link for it.As soon as i plug it in, it beeps, than flashes and keeps beeping, meaning error.I went to my LHs, they tested the bttery, its at 7v, 7.3 or something, its a 3 cell 11.1v, thats fine right?I have tried EVERYTHING and cants get it to work. Can someone PLEEEAASSE help me!I am just DYING to get out and fly, Fs one just aint the fun it used to be.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1040
sgtcat09 is offline Find More Posts by sgtcat09
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2009, 06:39 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
Getting to the meat......................

A 3 cell LiPo has a total pack voltage of 7 volts or maybe 7.3 volts. (No, that is not fine - ought to be 11+ volts.) The balancing charger reports an error when trying to charge.

The problem: The charger sees cell voltages as well below 3 volts, so it will not charge.

The solution: Get the cell voltages >3 volts.

The method: Check the individual cell voltages to make sure each has 2.3 volts or so. Then use a Ni charger to charge the pack at about 0.1C while constantly monitoring the voltage. When the pack voltage reaches 9 volts or a bit more, switch to the LiPo charger. If you do not have a means to check or monitor the voltage, don't do this - perhaps get a friend or the LHS to help you.

If you get that pack resuscitated, be aware that it is damaged goods - was over discharged.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3
Old Aug 30, 2009, 07:16 PM
I can put anything here?
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Aug 2009
565 Posts
exactly what i was looking for!!that you very very much!
sgtcat09 is offline Find More Posts by sgtcat09