HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2001, 08:59 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
DJ Aerotech "Roadkill" Planes

Has anyone built and flown the DJ Aerotech "Roadkill" P-38? I've read Paul Bradley's article about the P-51 and have been wondering if anyone has tried any of the other "Roadkill" planes, in particular the P-38.

Dave G
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2001, 09:09 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,142 Posts
There's a very positive review of the P-38 in the latest RC Microflight. It was written by a friend of mine, so I saw the plane when he was working on it (but haven't seen it fly). He really likes it and says it flies really well.

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Sep 15, 2001, 08:11 AM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Thanks for the info, Neil. Paul's excellently written E Zone review of the P-51 caught my attention. I've been pondering the P-38.

Dave G
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Sep 15, 2001, 06:29 PM
St. Paul, MN
Joined Feb 2001
337 Posts
I purchased the Spitfire last spring when it came out. Anyone else build this one? I'm having trouble with the curved wing. can't keep it from bending down. Please advise. Would like it ready for our dome flying this fall.

Chad
towlebooth is offline Find More Posts by towlebooth
Old Sep 15, 2001, 06:50 PM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,869 Posts
I just started one of the P-38's. Looks really good. The coupled aileron, rudder, nosewheel linkage is going to be a challenge but apart from that, there should be no major difficulty.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Sep 15, 2001, 08:39 PM
Mincha Victoria Aussie
Joined Dec 2000
461 Posts
g'day guys -- gotta admit these little wonders have piqued my interest!!-- anybody know how a man in the antipodes (read Australia) might get his hands on one at a not too inflated price?
Shipping is the biggest problem here -- am sick of getting packages with UPS boot marks in them!! -- any one willing to pack it so securely it wont get bent? They look like the ducks guts (Aussie -- for really cool )
aussie slowman is offline Find More Posts by aussie slowman