HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2009, 03:54 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
466 Posts
Discussion
Any club/group/forum for Central California Sloping (Waddell Creek, Sunset Beach)?

Just curious if there is any club/group/forum for Central California Sloping (Waddell Creek, Sunset Beach)? I've been flying both spots on/off for 20 years and it sure would be nice to hook up with the other regulars and see who's going out on what days.

I sure tend to enjoy the group outings more than just going solo.
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2009, 06:08 PM
Firecracker!
San Francisco & Santa Cruz
Joined Oct 2004
2,364 Posts
This is the place! I love flying at Waddell Creek (aka Davenport) and try to get out there at least once a week during the season. Sunset is great but I find it difficult to get a good day (at least 12 mph) in the summer. Spring is when I typically fly there.

Maybe some of the other frequent flyers will chime in, I know of at least 2 or 3 others...

Bill
BillO is offline Find More Posts by BillO
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:30 PM
TD- F3K- Slope - What to fly?
Cupertino CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,521 Posts
When the wind is good I'll be at one or the other, but mostly M-F in the PM.
Dale Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Dale Thompson
Old Sep 11, 2009, 05:16 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
466 Posts
Since I can never seem to find a "focal point" for all the RC activity in Santa Cruz, I decided to start my own.

Presenting....

http://www.santacruzrc.com

If you are local to Santa Cruz County and care to share your hobby with other locals, sign yourself up and say hi!
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:30 AM
Westside, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2006
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g View Post
Since I can never seem to find a "focal point" for all the RC activity in Santa Cruz, I decided to start my own.

Presenting....

http://www.santacruzrc.com

If you are local to Santa Cruz County and care to share your hobby with other locals, sign yourself up and say hi!
Wow cool site! I just joined.

Lets get some other SC slopers signed up. All you SC Slopers register and lets give it a try?
matter_daddy is offline Find More Posts by matter_daddy