HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:00 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
It's not re-inventing the wheel. At the time PPJoy was introduced it offered a solution for a number of different interface to application problems.

PPJoy has more uses besides just interfacing old hardware to new uses. And not all of the new USB transmitters have the 10 channel function and adaptability of PPJoy's available bandwidth. It has been completely stable on all three of my computers I've used it on.
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:13 PM
Canada, AB, Coronation
Joined Jun 2010
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos36 View Post
You all kill me trying to get your radios to work....as you haven't noticed yet...... using a software to emulate a joystick is real buggy and probably is NOT stable in todays world......For the price of a dinner for 2 at McDonalds you can get the USB Radio as mentioned above.....but I guess some keep trying to re-invent the wheel.

Ken
The closer a simulation is to "real world" the better. I don't see how learning on a radio with rates & mix switches in different spots would be a good thing during complex maneuvers.
russ_hillis is offline Find More Posts by russ_hillis
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:53 PM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_hillis View Post
The closer a simulation is to "real world" the better. I don't see how learning on a radio with rates & mix switches in different spots would be a good thing during complex maneuvers.
IMO, for the beginner just learning to "fly", then the 2 sticks are all they really need. The rates and mix switches are just an unnecessary added complication. I've set up several people with RCDP and the USB radio, and they all fall into this category.

Now if you're talking about more experienced guys who are "practicing" different setups / combos, then I can see your point. In that case, it would be beneficial to be using your "own" Tx.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
365 Posts
Reality

OK...didn't mean to burst anyones bubble here...but lets face it...NOTHING is as good as flying RC for real....first hand experience ..I have been flying RC helis and planes since 1984. Now yes motoguy is absolutely correct..beginners have NO clue what to do with all the mixers and switches....and yes if you prefer your own radio..then..too each their own. I want to share a real life story, it happened to me- I have a Futaba 9C...I was using it via usb cable on Reflex, Realflight, Clearview. RCDP was not around back then. Now this one particular night I was using the sims and I got a phone call...my step daughter had an accident. So in the midst of the conversation I had laid my radio on the computer desk, swiveled my chair around to write some things down and swiveled back around in front of my computer and BAM...The arm of the chair hit the radio and knocked it on the floor. It broke a gimble, 2 switches and the back faceplate. NOW the reality...I had to send the radio out to be repaired and it cost me over $150.00.... and to add to that I had no radio for 2 weeks....So now I own 2 of those 6 channel usb dummy radios.

Ken
Helos36 is offline Find More Posts by Helos36
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:44 PM
Canada, AB, Coronation
Joined Jun 2010
464 Posts
Whatever the case, beginner or seasoned dummy like myself - the cheapest tool in the draw isn't always the best. I want to move beyond beginner, I really would prefer to learn where the switches are WITHOUT looking at the radio. Looking for switches while flying is like texting while driving - you'll get away with it "most" of the time Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the basics but I don't agree with the assertion that the USB controller is good enough in all cases either. It really depends on what the user is trying to achieve.
russ_hillis is offline Find More Posts by russ_hillis
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
Habu

this thread is so large can someone tell me if either the parkzone or eflite habu have been posted if not maybe someone might be able to make one.
Thanks thercplaneguy
TheRcplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by TheRcplaneguy
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:31 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRcplaneguy View Post
this thread is so large can someone tell me if either the parkzone or eflite habu have been posted if not maybe someone might be able to make one.
Thanks thercplaneguy
If you're looking for the add on planes they're in This thread, my WWI planes are on page six.
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:22 AM
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
hello i;d like your game please how much is it?
MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:54 AM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarlton View Post
hello i;d like your game please how much is it?
This is a free simulator just follow the links in the first post
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:45 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRcplaneguy View Post
Thanks thercplaneguy
Did someone say Habu?

Looks like a fun plane... It's in the works.
Doing the graphics/paint job is next. Both PK and EF are nice, but I'm leaning towards the eflite graphics unless you have a strong preference. I could do an original too...
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:57 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
could you create an amx by jpower?
cool098 is offline Find More Posts by cool098
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
The j-power amx is very similar... a possible modification in the future, but the Habo will have to do for now.

Got the graphics done. Next step ...the RCDP aircraft editor to interface the model.
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:56 AM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jun 2011
185 Posts
Am downloading now. Graphics look great! I expect my AA battery charger and my Tx will be getting a workout!

UPDATE: DL went fine as did Install on Win7-64 bit. Found proper COM PORT, but the sim won't find my Tx- CT6B. Did I not install some needed driver? Did I miss a step? The computer sees the Tx just fine in Digital Radio. Thanks-Rob
MIRV is offline Find More Posts by MIRV
Last edited by MIRV; Jul 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRV View Post
Am downloading now. Graphics look great! I expect my AA battery charger and my Tx will be getting a workout!

UPDATE: DL went fine as did Install on Win7-64 bit. Found proper COM PORT, but the sim won't find my Tx- CT6B. Did I not install some needed driver? Did I miss a step? The computer sees the Tx just fine in Digital Radio. Thanks-Rob
Hi Rob,
If your using a COM port for communicating with the Tx, you'll need software to translate the COM/PPM signal to a fake Windows Joystick. The combination PicJOY and PPJOY should do the trick. There's a detailed explanation here. Most (if not all) cables are USB nowadays.
Update: after Googling I found your Tx comes with a cable and software to set up the Tx parameters. Are you sure it can be used as a sim controller with the same cable?
Update 2: unfortunately it turns out it can't: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1421250

Hope this helps.

Eves, the Habu looks awesome!

Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:31 PM
Kuopio, Finland
Joined Nov 2008
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
Hi Rob,
If your using a COM port for communicating with the Tx, you'll need software to translate the COM/PPM signal to a fake Windows Joystick. The combination PicJOY and PPJOY should do the trick. There's a detailed explanation here. Most (if not all) cables are USB nowadays.
Update: after Googling I found your Tx comes with a cable and software to set up the Tx parameters. Are you sure it can be used as a sim controller with the same cable?
Update 2: unfortunately it turns out it can't: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1421250
Oh yes it can! I have the same radio and use it with RCDP with the programming cable. Someone wrote a piece of software, T6Sim, which you need in addition to PPJoy. There's a download link at http://www.mycoolheli.com/CT6BHOWTO.html

-kepa
kepa is offline Find More Posts by kepa