HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
Scratchest Aeromodelling;-)
Visakhapatnam, INDIA
Joined Sep 2008
314 Posts
Guys,
just tried to paly with my Radio (in PPM mode and through Mic input), DIDNT WORK!

can sumbody help me out, this RC Desk Pilot is really tempting, cant wait!

Awaiting replies...
Merog is offline Find More Posts by Merog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Was this using SmartProplus ?
Best advice.... look at purchasing a cheap USB interface
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:04 PM
Visakhapatnam, INDIA
Joined Sep 2008
314 Posts
Any suggestions for a cheap USB interface for my Radio (Futaba 9chp) ?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:09 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Google

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sourc...f0098186c698b6
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:02 AM
Visakhapatnam, INDIA
Joined Sep 2008
314 Posts
lol
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:21 AM
Jakarta
Joined Apr 2008
11 Posts
Hi Davy,
Congratulation!!! Your sims is a blast, I love it.
I've no problem installing it to my Pc, smooth as silk.
The resolution is as it is (I didnt change anything), no flickering, no shadow,Etc.
It's way better than Fms, I think.
The problem I get is when landing, it seems sliding on earth when it's supposed to crash landing. Hope you understand what I mean. English is my 3rd langguage.
And I still can fly trough the trees & wind generators. Hasn't try pylon race, dont have that skill level yet
Also we need more helis
But overall, it's a good Sims. Cant wait till next development.
Thanks for making it a freeware, mate.
Cyonk is offline Find More Posts by Cyonk
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:13 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyonk View Post
Hi Davy,
Congratulation!!! Your sims is a blast, I love it.
I've no problem installing it to my Pc, smooth as silk.
The resolution is as it is (I didnt change anything), no flickering, no shadow,Etc.
It's way better than Fms, I think.
The problem I get is when landing, it seems sliding on earth when it's supposed to crash landing. Hope you understand what I mean. English is my 3rd langguage.
And I still can fly trough the trees & wind generators. Hasn't try pylon race, dont have that skill level yet
Also we need more helis
But overall, it's a good Sims. Cant wait till next development.
Thanks for making it a freeware, mate.
Thank you very much for those kind words!
You are right about the area's that need improvement, especially collission detection. Once I figure that one out, I'll also be able to make the scenery more interesting with buildings.
I haven't received much feedback on the helicopter, but I think I made it much too stable, so I've got some work to do there too.
So much to do...

Cheers,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
USA, IL, Springfield
Joined Dec 2009
88 Posts
yes the helicopter is very stable, I've never flown a helicopter in sim or real life and I was able to fly it with no problem.
airplanfreak is offline Find More Posts by airplanfreak
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:00 PM
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
Just installed the later version, very impressed. A small point perhaps, but I was particularly struck by the folding prop, love it.

Controls all feel very nice, difficult to judge really as I am only using a joystick

My little wish list would be;

1 - Pure sailplanes, perhaps a winch launch option?
2 - Slope? Or is modelling the windfield for slope lift not possible?
3 - Ability to change time of day and weather

Thats about it really, its a fantastic sim, especially for freeware, thankyou so much for making it available to us all.

Oh, and my little screenshot entry

Name: scrnsht.jpg
Views: 193
Size: 33.5 KB
Description:

Thanks again, and I look forward to more

Matt
MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton
Old Feb 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
Out the Window
United States, FL, Alachua
Joined Jul 2004
1,278 Posts
Davy (GeneralFailure)

I just downloaded and installed your new sim and it works great! I was running AFPD, but it decided to quit working on my computer, but yours seems to work great. My E sky 0905A works 100%....a couple of changes in the setup and it works a treat.

I have only tried a couple of airplanes and they seemed to work fine....much better than my flying! It looks like you have a nice assortment of airplanes.

Thank you very much for your hard work and offering your program for free.

I'm off to fly some more,
Ray
High Flyin' is offline Find More Posts by High Flyin'
Old Feb 21, 2010, 01:25 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Thank you for your remarks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarlton View Post
My little wish list would be;

1 - Pure sailplanes, perhaps a winch launch option?
2 - Slope? Or is modelling the windfield for slope lift not possible?
3 - Ability to change time of day and weather
Slope sailing is on the roadmap. I need to support multiple sceneries first though as the current one isn't very suitable.
I would also like to add (pure) sailplane towing, but that will probably not be for the next couple of months.

Currently in progress is an aircraft editor, where you'll be able to edit everything graphically except the actual 3D parts.

Cheers,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
Towing would be awesome, especially if you could do it online. Imagine a virtual "towmeet" with a few friends, taking it in turns to be the tug pilot etc.
MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton
Old Feb 22, 2010, 04:50 PM
Idaho, USA
Joined Jan 2010
23 Posts
Just got a cheapo RC Tech 6ch usb controller from xheli.com and running it with Win 7 and running desktop pilot. Works great and easy to set up. you have done a great job on it. The controller can be a bit tempermental and I am wondering if I have it set wrong. Will the aircraft sit on the strip at idle? the extra and cessna just taxi and will not stop. Thanks for a great beta and I hope it is successful!!

LS
kh.Longshot is offline Find More Posts by kh.Longshot
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
Circle Jockey
A Sasquatch took my plane! Tujunga. Ca.
Joined May 2004
2,412 Posts
PP No Joy (sounds like a bladder problem :o )

This looks like a great sim. I believe I have it installed correctly and I was able to fly the planes using the keypad on my laptop. I have a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Then I tried to connect my DX6 Spectrum transmitter using PPJoy as I have seen recommended many times for this purpose. For a connection cable I have tried using a cable that came with a FMS simulator CD. It has the appropriate mono jack on one end that goes into my TX and the other end terminates in a 9 pin serial connector. I have that plugged into an adaptor and plugged into a USB port on my laptop. My computer sees it as "ATEN USB to Serial Bridge (COM4) . I have also tried connecting my TX trainer cord directly into the microphone jack as I have read others have done but I never had any indication that the computer ever knew it was connected there. I would love to be able to just use that trainer cord into the mic jack.

I have spent many hours and tried my best with the PPJ manual and trying many things I found on the web. Just one brick wall after another. Some of them I eventually got around or fixed (I think) but it all seems to fall apart somewhere just before or in the calibration stage. I may have made one or several mistakes in the earlier stages, I have no way of knowing. I have deleted PPJ, reinstalled it and tried to get it going several times. When I get to the "Configure new controller window the only parameter that is not grayed out is the controller number and the next steps after that window don't seem to do anything.

I can go to the PPJ Stream to Virtual Joystick 1 window or page and if I change the serial protocol to "FMS PIC 1920 baud (09xFF synk) it says virtual joystick successfully opened and it's reading the serial stream from my DX6 transmitter. I just can't find any way to get any stick movements on my TX to be recognized or seen by the simulator. I can operate the sim using the key board or mouse going through PPJ but that doesn't do me any good.

If I ever was able to get it to work somehow I am sure I could never get it to work again the same way. This method of connecting a TX to this simulator seems like a reasonable solution only for the extreme computer pros out there who probably already know how to fly and enjoy figuring out obscure and overly complicated computer puzzles more than actually putting a plane in the air. There really aren't any complete instructions detailing every step needed to get PPJ to work on Windows 7. I could only use the best guess method when trying to apply the available instructions to my Windows 7 os. The only reason I have perused it is because I have three friends who just bought several planes and a few helicopters but they don't know how to fly. Non of them are computer pros either so I can see that this is never going to be a learning aid for them like I had hoped it would be.

Sorry for the rant, I like the sim very much and I have enjoyed reading about the fast pace at which new things are being added and tweaked along the way. I just wish there was a SIMPLE way for an average person to connect an actual RC TX. Then It would be useful tool in getting my friends in the air having fun with their new planes without having an instructor pilot glued to their side a lot sooner.

Dean

UPDATE:
All better now. I removed PPJoy from my system and purchased a new USB interface cord from Tom's RC! see post # 278

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=278
D.S. is offline Find More Posts by D.S.
Last edited by D.S.; Mar 11, 2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Problem solved!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 03:05 AM
Joined Sep 2005
90 Posts
I'm trying to install the simulator, but it doesn't run.
I'm running windows Vista, and I downloaded DirectX 9.0c and .NET framework.

When I run the program, seems to start normally, loads the scenery and then the planes, then I get this error message:

Failed creating the Direct3D device.

Error in the application.
-2004287480 (Unknown)
At Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.Buffer.Play(Int32 priority,
BufferPlayFlags flags)
at am.a(Boolean A_0)
at cp.e
At cy.o
At cy.b(string A_0)
At ab.b(Object A_0,f A_1)
At as.h

Any ideas what is wrong, am I missing something?
Thanks.
buzzy is offline Find More Posts by buzzy