HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2010, 02:34 PM
thE hACkeR
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Apr 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
Hi Hacker, I installed it on my old Pentium 4 pc and it had the same problem. The problem disappeared though when playing on full screen (not a maximized windows, but truely full screen). Could you try that? Also, if you don't have a multi-core processor, temporarily turning off the virusscanner might help.
hi, i just did on full screen and yes it seen to fix the problem.

thanks
hacker002 is offline Find More Posts by hacker002
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2010, 04:01 PM
Joined Dec 2009
6 Posts
ok i have a bell 206 model ready for you. shoot me a pm with your email address and i will send it to you
mrmcphisto is offline Find More Posts by mrmcphisto
Old Jan 02, 2010, 05:01 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmcphisto View Post
ok i have a bell 206 model ready for you. shoot me a pm with your email address and i will send it to you
Ok, done.
Thanks,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Jan 03, 2010, 03:20 AM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
266 Posts
Thanks Peter for your feedback. I get quite a lot of questions about the DX series of controllers but don't own one myself, so could you elaborate on which cable you used for the Dx6i? I'm sure other owners would appreciate that.

Cheers!
Davy[/QUOTE]

Hi Davy,
The cable I use is a basic USB dongle with JR (stereo) plug on the other end plugs straight into trainer port.
I set up a new "model" on the DX6i specifically for sims.
I note that it is important to follow a sequence to get started.
1. Plug in the usb dongle and let the computer acknowledge it (only first time)
2. Plug the stereo plug into the DX6.
NOTE: the DX6 should first be set to the sim model and turned off. It will turn on automatically when you plug in the stereo plug.
3. Start the RE DeskPilot program
4. Go to controls - set as required.

Enjoy!

FYI - My system
Dell Latitude E6500
nVidia Quadro NVS 160M set at 1280 x 800
pghern is offline Find More Posts by pghern
Last edited by pghern; Jan 03, 2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Update with system details
Old Jan 03, 2010, 05:37 AM
Joined Jan 2010
4 Posts
does not run on my dell dimension 310 stock machine
hrhodes3 is offline Find More Posts by hrhodes3
Old Jan 03, 2010, 08:24 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhodes3 View Post
does not run on my dell dimension 310 stock machine
Care to elaborate ???

In order for people to advise you what the issue may be we need to know any error messages, or at what stage of the installation or running it gets stuck on, and if you have installed the prerequisite versions of Direct X that is required and supplied as part of the installer.

If memory servers me correctly the e310 is one of Dells entry level machines with integrated graphics and sound, and googling for some reviews most say the same thing

Quote:
The bottom line: The budget Dell Dimension E310 is strong on data security but surprisingly weak on graphics
As the machine has a built in graphics controller based on the Intel GMA900 this may well be the cause of your problem. It has a spare PCIe slot, so maybe upgrading your graphics card would be your best option
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Jan 06, 2010, 02:55 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
New release in beta!

Hi all,
I'm currently testing the new release (0.1.2 for who's counting). If you are feeling brave and can't go flying because it's freezing or snowing outside, you can try a beta version at http://rcdeskpilot.com/beta.
This version has not been fully tested yet, so if you find any bugs or encounter any problem, it would be great if you could let me know, here or by email.

When everything passes the tests, I'll put up the real release and update the website. I'll post another message here when it's ready.

Oh, when you try the beta out, it might look like not much has changed, but browse through the menu and you might find some interesting new stuff .
I'll post a full list of new features and bugfixes at the release.

Cheers,
Davy
Old Jan 07, 2010, 03:00 PM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined May 2004
865 Posts
In the scarecrow and pylon race it would be good to be able to reset the timer. Scarecrow I know the only way we found to reset the time was to go back into the menu and select scarecrow again. Birds were great, I have not seen that in a sim before.

Mike
AZcrashpro is offline Find More Posts by AZcrashpro
Old Jan 07, 2010, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcrashpro View Post
In the scarecrow and pylon race it would be good to be able to reset the timer. Scarecrow I know the only way we found to reset the time was to go back into the menu and select scarecrow again. Birds were great, I have not seen that in a sim before.

Mike
Thanks Mike, in the pylon race you can reset the timer by simply flying through the first gate again. You are right about the scarecrow challenge: there is no easy way to reset it now.

Davy
Old Jan 08, 2010, 06:58 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
ever thought of converting the direct3d calls to opengl on mono for multiplatform ? xD
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Jan 08, 2010, 07:31 AM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined May 2004
865 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mike, in the pylon race you can reset the timer by simply flying through the first gate again. You are right about the scarecrow challenge: there is no easy way to reset it now.

Davy
Your right, I forgot about flying through the first gate.

Mike
AZcrashpro is offline Find More Posts by AZcrashpro
Old Jan 08, 2010, 08:09 AM
Suspended Account
Germanny
Joined Jan 2010
1 Posts
cool xD Is funny thank you
EricH. is offline Find More Posts by EricH.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 08, 2010, 02:08 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Put your 3D glasses on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
ever thought of converting the direct3d calls to opengl on mono for multiplatform ? xD
At the time I started, there was a whole list of things I needed to figure out (some of which are still open), so I dediced to go with the technology I was familiar with to reduce the number of unknowns. I've kinda written a small 3d engine based on DirectX now, so it'll be a lot of work to redo, but I'm not saying it'll never happen. Especially as managed DirectX (9) has been abandoned by MS.

After the beta release, I took one day off from testing and finalizing the release to work on a gimmick I had in my mind for some time: native anaglyph 3D support. You know, with the old-fashioned red and blue 3D glasses. It went faster than expected and made a little video of the result. You'll need red/blue glasses to see the effect. I'm still pondering whether or not I'll include it in the upcoming release.
R/C Flight Sim in anaglyph 3D (1 min 52 sec)

PS. Don't mind my helicopter flying: I can't fly choppers
Cheers,
Davy
Old Jan 08, 2010, 10:54 PM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
266 Posts
Quote:
At the time I started, there was a whole list of things I needed to figure out (some of which are still open), so I dediced to go with the technology I was familiar with to reduce the number of unknowns. I've kinda written a small 3d engine based on DirectX now, so it'll be a lot of work to redo, but I'm not saying it'll never happen. Especially as managed DirectX (9) has been abandoned by MS.

After the beta release, I took one day off from testing and finalizing the release to work on a gimmick I had in my mind for some time: native anaglyph 3D support. You know, with the old-fashioned red and blue 3D glasses. It went faster than expected and made a little video of the result. You'll need red/blue glasses to see the effect. I'm still pondering whether or not I'll include it in the upcoming release.

PS. Don't mind my helicopter flying: I can't fly choppers
Cheers,
Davy

Hi Davy,
The demo looks good - probably better than the other 3D sim I tried (preflightsim).
However, the reality is that for heli's and 3d planes they are great because the model is relatively close to the pilot.
But for other planes where you are flying them 100 ft + away from you, there is no depth perception. Notice how you loose any depth perception even in your demo once the model is say 30ft away from the pilot.

I think you've done a great job - please keep developing this product.
The guys with heli's and 3d planes will love this 3d look!

Cheers, Peter
pghern is offline Find More Posts by pghern
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:04 AM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern View Post
Hi Davy,
The demo looks good - probably better than the other 3D sim I tried (preflightsim).
However, the reality is that for heli's and 3d planes they are great because the model is relatively close to the pilot.
But for other planes where you are flying them 100 ft + away from you, there is no depth perception. Notice how you loose any depth perception even in your demo once the model is say 30ft away from the pilot.

I think you've done a great job - please keep developing this product.
The guys with heli's and 3d planes will love this 3d look!

Cheers, Peter
Hi Peter,
I didn't even know about preflight. And I thought RC sims was a niche market.
You are right about it not being very useful, but it is fun flying through the trees in cockpit view
BTW. thank you for your Dx6i walkthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcrashpro

Mike
Hi Mike, I added a restart button to the game modes. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Davy