HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Quick question. Probably answered a few times but are there any scenery downloads? I am at work so I can't check, but thought I saw somewhere on my version that you can upload scenery? I have been so happy with just trying out different planes that I never even gave any thought to the scenery. Are there any downloads for this out there?

====================

*edit* I think i found my answer using the search feature. My only question is there an easier way than below:

Yes there is a way, but you would have to manually add it via a text editor. (like in 'Notepad' or I use a great free program called 'Notepad ++')

A bit of messing around, but it's pretty simple to do...
1st) Make a copy of this file, in case you mess something up, so you can revert back.
(your file location should be similar to this.)
C:\Program Files\RC Desk Pilot\data\scenery\default\terrain.def

2nd) Edit the original file named terrain.def in a text editor. Towards the bottom you should find the shown code below.
Note: Copy/paste one section from/to the opening and closing tags, '<PilotPositions>..... </PilotPositions>' creating a new section after the first two positions.

You need to change the x,z coordinates(y stays at 0, I think) and rename the 'Name' to Windmill Hilltop or whatever.
You will have to experiment for the exact location you want. If I recall correctly the map extends from -500 to 500. Zero being the center of the map/scene.
spiderjunior is offline Find More Posts by spiderjunior
Last edited by spiderjunior; Sep 12, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Hello spider,
That was my reply to a question about adding a pilot location on the one available scenery/map. In other words moving the spawning location. If you know how to copy and paste text, it's actually pretty simple to do.
If you have any questions about the process, I'd be happy to answer them or walk you though it.

There are no scenary downloads yet, but with a little patience, you may possibly see more scenery in the next release of RCDP.

Photographic scenery in R/C Desk Pilot (1 min 16 sec)
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Thanks eves. I am ok with computer stuff, can probably figure it out. I'll give it a try eventually. Right now I am more worried about learning to fly rather than looking at great scenery. Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if i run into any problems.
spiderjunior is offline Find More Posts by spiderjunior
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:18 AM
Today's forecast: Summer
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
245 Posts
If by scenery you meant pilot location, then adding/changing coords with trial and error is the only way I've found. If you go back a few pages in this thread, I put up the code for adding another soaring spot near the windmills.
92PathSE is offline Find More Posts by 92PathSE
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:12 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Is there anyway to have this open using the last window position and size?

Thanks
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:43 PM
Australia, NSW, Orange
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
next version?

Hello, does anyone know roughly when the next version of RCDP will be coming out?
also, with the photo scenery, what would it look like from the onboard view?
thanks
spitfire1234 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire1234
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire1234 View Post
Hello, does anyone know roughly when the next version of RCDP will be coming out?
also, with the photo scenery, what would it look like from the onboard view?
thanks
With photo scenery you're usually restricted to a fixed position, so there is no onboard view.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:39 PM
Australia, NSW, Orange
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
yeah i thought so, thanks
spitfire1234 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire1234
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:22 AM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
I don't have any game ports on my laptop. Just mic/headphones and USB ports.
You don't need a game port, just an audio-in jack. Follow the instructions on the smartpropoplus website for PPjoy.
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
You know, I just joined these forums, and I have the sneaking feeling that I don't really have any business posting this, given that I don't have much longevity here, but I did something that I'd really like to see in RCDP. I can provide the raw SKP file, if anyone can make heads or tails of what I did...

What are the chances?
lancer525 is offline Find More Posts by lancer525
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
25 Posts
will it run on wine
http://www.winehq.org/
rob.rice is offline Find More Posts by rob.rice
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.rice View Post
will it run on wine
http://www.winehq.org/
I've tried with out success, but it may be possible. RCDP uses MS Net Framework. and the problem with that is MS Net Framework. makes calls to other parts of windows that Wine doesn't emulate. However there is a package called 'mono' that may take care of that problem though I've not had a chance to check that out. I'm not savvy enough to config Linux yet. I would be sweet to get it to run though.

Linux Mint user

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Last edited by The Tellurian; Nov 02, 2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: correct wrong reference
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
thebox

Allready made airplaneName: thebox.jpg
Views: 98
Size: 99.0 KB
Description:
Boxer111 is offline Find More Posts by Boxer111
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Hi, this thread is huge so my question is probably in there some where?? How do I configure my Spektrum DX7 that has the upgrade to DSX to play RC Desk Pilot ? I've downloaded RC DP, and tried the "controls" option and the "calibrate" option, but still Don't have anything.?
My DX7 is connected to my computer with a USB.. I really don't know how to get Windows XP to recognize it there either, besides just plugging it in.. Windows says it found new hardware and it's ready to use..

Thanks, Bill
BillinIndiana is offline Find More Posts by BillinIndiana
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:02 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
438 Posts
I have a version of this that I made for soaring specifically- I can upload it if you want.
I just want to check with GeneralFailure to make sure it's OK.
Is it?

Bill, I wish that I can help, but I can't- I'm using an Xbox controller for it.

-SuperBarlow
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow