HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:10 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,524 Posts
I just tried this for the first time and it seems pretty decent! I can't quite figure out how to calibrate my dynam USB tx. I was able to trim up enough to get it working but the tiger heli has very little throttle - I can't get more than a foot or so off the ground with it. Interesting stuff!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
Today's forecast: Summer
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
247 Posts
I searched the thread for a while but couldn't find an answer to a question I have. Is there a way to add/specify other flying locations? I'd like to add another slope flying location near the windmills.
92PathSE is offline Find More Posts by 92PathSE
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,263 Posts
I downloaded it, but when I tried to open the download, it told me it was corrupt and to redownload it from a different/original source or something like that.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldglider View Post
Hi,
After having calibrated the radio (joystick) can not I use the rudder and flaps together.
When during the calibration check the "use ailerons channel ..." should not be the rudder and flaps work, if not checked operate the rudder but not flaps!

what is wrong?

ths
Hi oldglider,
Flaps only work via the keyboard with the 'F' key...unless you mapped a controller switch in the menu/controls ...and then only on planes where flaps were added by the plane author. Flaps are currently only two position... on or off. Also, RCDP cannot mix channels together like some of the fancy radios out there.

The 'use ailerons channel' check box in the control menu allows rudder control via the aileron channel (joystick) if there are no ailerons(rudder only)... and then again, only if the plane author allowed it in the aircraft editor.
So try different planes and you will get a different response depending on how the plane was made.

Hope that helps, good luck.
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Last edited by Eves; Jul 02, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I just tried this for the first time and it seems pretty decent! I can't quite figure out how to calibrate my dynam USB tx. I was able to trim up enough to get it working but the tiger heli has very little throttle - I can't get more than a foot or so off the ground with it. Interesting stuff!
Hmmm, did you calibrate your controller in the 'MSWindows' calibration first?
Sometimes checking the 'expo' box in the RCDP menu/controls will help... I've never had to do that with the throttle channel though.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92PathSE View Post
I searched the thread for a while but couldn't find an answer to a question I have. Is there a way to add/specify other flying locations? I'd like to add another slope flying location near the windmills.
Yes there is a way, but you would have to manually add it via a text editor. (like in 'Notepad' or I use a great free program called 'Notepad ++')

A bit of messing around, but it's pretty simple to do...
1st) Make a copy of this file, in case you mess something up, so you can revert back.
(your file location should be similar to this.)
C:\Program Files\RC Desk Pilot\data\scenery\default\terrain.def

2nd) Edit the original file named terrain.def in a text editor. Towards the bottom you should find the shown code below.
Note: Copy/paste one section from/to the opening and closing tags, '<PilotPositions>..... </PilotPositions>' creating a new section after the first two positions.

You need to change the x,z coordinates(y stays at 0, I think) and rename the 'Name' to Windmill Hilltop or whatever.
You will have to experiment for the exact location you want. If I recall correctly the map extends from -500 to 500. Zero being the center of the map/scene.

Code:
...</Gates>
  <PilotPositions>
    <Name>Runway (default)</Name>
    <Position xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <X>0.1</X>
      <Y>0</Y>
      <Z>-15.0</Z>
    </Position>
  </PilotPositions>
  <PilotPositions>
    <Name>Top of the hill (slope)</Name>
    <Position xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <X>-11.5</X>
      <Y>0</Y>
      <Z>-195.2</Z>
    </Position>
  </PilotPositions>
 <PilotPositions>
    <Name>Windmill Hill</Name>
      <X>-50</X>
      <Y>0</Y>
      <Z>450.0</Z>
    </Position>
  </PilotPositions>
  <Skies>
    <Name>Sunrise.....
You will notice there are a few other things you can adjust in this file. Just remember.... Making a backup copy before any changes makes for a happy coder.

Good luck, Eves
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
I downloaded it, but when I tried to open the download, it told me it was corrupt and to redownload it from a different/original source or something like that.
On the RCDP download page you should find that second additional download source. For some reason the main one doesn't work for everyone.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
247 Posts
Exactly what I needed. Thanks Eves!
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
247 Posts
Code:
<X>-15</X>
        <Y>0</Y>
        <Z>405</Z>
This works well with a north wind.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Ha, Ha, I wasn't too far off on my guess. It's been a year or more since I played with the coordinates.
That's great it worked for you 92.

I'm sure you noticed you can place the thermal spawns too.

Cheers and happy sailing Eves.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:03 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eves View Post
On the RCDP download page you should find that second additional download source. For some reason the main one doesn't work for everyone.
Alternate download worked great. Yet I still haven't tried the program just yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
E-Flite Fokker D VII

Hi Gents,
My wife got me this for Fathersday. I put it together with a few mods, took it for a flight n fell inlove with it. Decides to build a RCDP model of it to share with u guys. So here u go. Enjoy.
Shaker777 is offline Find More Posts by Shaker777
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:22 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,543 Posts
Very nice. Flies well. I don't have this plane, but I do have the N11. This is a bit more floaty, and I think that would be expected.
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
You're right about being floaty, the lift in the D VII is incredible. it practicly flies it's self. You can even hang it from its prop just like the full scale.
Shaker777 is offline Find More Posts by Shaker777
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
will fms work with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Using a usb lead from HK
rc869 is offline Find More Posts by rc869