HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
3D Pilot
Joined Aug 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
Could one by any chance email me the file?

SS
I'll email you the file if the link from GeneralFailure doesn't work.
Say96 is offline Find More Posts by Say96
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
It's good to know that Blender does ambient occlusion. Judging by some of the results I've seen, Blender can produce amazing results. It might be worth climbing the learning curve!
ctib is offline Find More Posts by ctib
Old May 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
email me, the link has been filtered

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old May 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
3D Pilot
Joined Aug 2011
59 Posts
Quote:

SS
You will have to give me an e-mail address.
Say96 is offline Find More Posts by Say96
Old May 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,765 Posts
Quote:
Got some problems downloading the simulator. It just cuts at 14.5MB. Need help!

SS
Have you tried other browsers? I mostly use FireFox but I've found it often downloads incomplete files, and gives no warning that there was a problem.

A good way to deal with files that won't download properly is to use Shareaza:

http://shareaza.sourceforge.net/

It's not just a P2P thing, you can give it a link to a file you want to download and leave it to it. It always seems to work in the end. Browsers tend to give up too easily.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old May 26, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Hi is this working under Linux? Using wine? I wish the developer create one for linux.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old May 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
883 Posts
As do I. I've not been able to get mine to work under Wine. If anyone has please post the details!

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old May 27, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian View Post
As do I. I've not been able to get mine to work under Wine. If anyone has please post the details!

Richard
I know I cant get no Simulator working under Xubuntu 12.04 I'm sure my dongle is working. Please add support for Linux.
Old May 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:

SS
To R/Cdesk pilot website? Page 1 show the link plus you can google it.
Old May 27, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Have you tried other browsers? I mostly use FireFox but I've found it often downloads incomplete files, and gives no warning that there was a problem.

A good way to deal with files that won't download properly is to use Shareaza:

http://shareaza.sourceforge.net/

It's not just a P2P thing, you can give it a link to a file you want to download and leave it to it. It always seems to work in the end. Browsers tend to give up too easily.
Nah better way is some one to upload to a torrent website and provide the torrent for client to download and provide the md5sum.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,765 Posts
Not a bad idea, JC, but I expect the Iranian giant firewall blocks anything it suspects is a torrent site, on principle.

Shareaza would just be doing a managed download, so hopefully it would work, provided the URL it's trying to download from isn't blocked (which it doesn't appear to be as starscream4002 got part of the file).

Sourceforge is an internationally respected site so I would hope they'd let that through, so he can download Shareaza. It's only around 7MB so it shouldn't present any problems.

Incidentally, shareaza.com is a different thing all together. I think someone took over the domain and started offering a sham version of Shareaza a while ago. I don't know if that's been resolved, but the version number of the one they offer is much higher than what appears to be the genuine article, on sourceforge - so I suspect it's still a sham version, possibly malware.

I use an older version of shareaza than the current one (because I have Windows 2000), and the help box links to that site. It used to be their site, but I'm pretty sure it isn't now.
Last edited by Andy2No; May 27, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Not a bad idea, JC, but I expect the Iranian giant firewall blocks anything it suspects is a torrent site, on principle.

Shareaza would just be doing a managed download, so hopefully it would work, provided the URL it's trying to download from isn't blocked (which it doesn't appear to be as starscream4002 got part of the file).

Sourceforge is an internationally respected site so I would hope they'd let that through, so he can download Shareaza. It's only around 7MB so it shouldn't present any problems.

Incidentally, shareaza.com is a different thing all together. I think someone took over the domain and started offering a sham version of Shareaza a while ago. I don't know if that's been resolved, but the version number of the one they offer is much higher than what appears to be the genuine article, on sourceforge - so I suspect it's still a sham version, possibly malware.

I use an older version of shareaza than the current one (because I have Windows 2000), and the help box links to that site. It used to be their site, but I'm pretty sure it isn't now.
Yea many country is blocking torrent program but you can try use different port. I did installed Shareaza but it's not connecting. Another p2p would be Ares. I love Ares. http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/ I run this in Linux under Wine. It's what I use to download Linux Distro ISO format and other free opensource program.

Those that is having issue with the website of the rc desk pilot. I've download many time until I received the file that isn't currupted. I think it's the website provider it isn't constant the speed so it's breaking the file when one would download it.

Alternative is gamefront. I uploaded the one that works. Enjoy guys.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21760...013%282%29.exe
Old May 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,765 Posts
Ares Galaxy looks useful, jcervantes11. It's good to see the latest version still runs on Windows 2000, and it's nice and small. It seems I'd installed an older copy before, but never used it. It reminds me a bit of soulseek.

I've only ever used Shareaza to download files that I had a link to but couldn't download with a browser without errors (in FireFox's case, errors that I wasn't warned had happened). I used it to download a Windows 7 ISO that kept failing to download. It works well for that particular use. I haven't tried downloading torrents with it.

starscream4002 has gone awfully quiet. Has Iran unplugged the internet all together?
Old May 29, 2012, 01:12 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
I am quiet?! maybe.
I received the file from Say96.
The internet is fine

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old May 29, 2012, 04:35 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,679 Posts
New HobbyZone Firebird Stratos for RCDP

Hello desk flyers!

Just completed a HZ Firebird Stratos for RC Desk Pilot

This is one awesome RTF airplane, it has terrific looks and comes
with some awesome technology for easing a newbie flyer into a
successful flying hobby. They call it Electronic Virtual
Instructor technology and experienced pilots can think of it
as a roll gyro with a mixing radio that makes it easier
to fly the model and keep it straight and level and well
behaved in the turns.

I bought mine at Hodges Hobby during SEFF 2012 right as it came
off the shipping truck.

WingSpan: 42 in. (1.070 m)
Length: 30 in. (0.765 m)
Weight: 17.0oz. (0.482 kg)
Battery: 2-cell 7.4V 1300mAH LiPo
Power System: twin 180 brushed motors
Prop size: 4.75 x 2.5 counter-rotating
Flight Time: 10+ Minutes
Radio System Included: 3-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio
CofG: 0.8in (20mm) in front of landing gear

If anyone is flying this model, please give it a try
and let me know of any changes needed.

-- ggunners

Video FliteTest Review:
Flite Test - Hobbyzone Stratos - REVIEW (11 min 1 sec)
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member